Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is HST helping us with plugin stuff anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dcorsus
    replied
    Originally posted by shill View Post
    Thanks. I'm sure I could work around the fact that "RemoveViewByID" simply doesn't work by replacing the entire Page, but that seems like overkill. If it comes down to it, I will but it shouldn't be necessary. I also don't think it will fix item 1 - the input text is never posted back, so I couldn't manipulate the inputview in the new Page to add the text since I don't know what it was yet.

I don't quite understand how the ViewGroup (I assume that's what you meant) would help replace that - the one time I used it it simply seemed to add an extra label above the fields. It's simply not viable to list hundreds of devices in a vertical list that can't be collapsed...
    https://github.com/HomeSeer/Plugin-SDK/issues/32

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Thanks. I'm sure I could work around the fact that "RemoveViewByID" simply doesn't work by replacing the entire Page, but that seems like overkill. If it comes down to it, I will but it shouldn't be necessary. I also don't think it will fix item 1 - the input text is never posted back, so I couldn't manipulate the inputview in the new Page to add the text since I don't know what it was yet.

I don't quite understand how the ViewGroup (I assume that's what you meant) would help replace that - the one time I used it it simply seemed to add an extra label above the fields. It's simply not viable to list hundreds of devices in a vertical list that can't be collapsed...

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    Originally posted by shill View Post

Also actions? Happy to compare notes if there's something you're stuck on. My problems are:
    1. New input contents/changes are lost when a dropdown is changed.
    2. Dynamically removing a view from the page doesn't work.
    3. My HS3 plugin used multi-select checkbox dropdowns, which don't exist in HS4.
    4. I want to control the formatting of the controls better (like having "height" x "width" input boxes on the same line!) but can't.
    My next task is to try and handle the conversion of HS3 events, but Michael McSharry has provided a good example of that, so as soon as #3 in the list above is sorted I can give that a shot...
    Here is how I do it in OnConfigItemUpdate:

I create a new Pagefactory and process the existing pagefactory (if not first time called) with the configviewchanges and apply those to the newly created Pagefactory. If you want to remove a view, I won't include it again. When done, I take the newly created PageFactory to overwrite the existing. It will fix your item 1 & 2 above.

I use a GroupView if I want to do multi-select HOWEVER there is a bug that has prevented me from using it. It is logged as issue PSDK-57. This is my solution to your issue 3.

Hope this helps, I can post code but I have to admit, when I looked at my own code, it wasn't very simple because I use perhaps too many actions that have a tree of attributes and the attributes are different depending on which "path" is being followed.

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    I still have some open questions (like how to select the main feature), but mainly i have abondonned porting my existing plugin to HS4. Not worth my time TBH. Some long standing bugs (like the id becoming lowercase after saving), are still not solved.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
    I'm in the same boat
    Also actions? Happy to compare notes if there's something you're stuck on. My problems are:
    1. New input contents/changes are lost when a dropdown is changed.
    2. Dynamically removing a view from the page doesn't work.
    3. My HS3 plugin used multi-select checkbox dropdowns, which don't exist in HS4.
    4. I want to control the formatting of the controls better (like having "height" x "width" input boxes on the same line!) but can't.
    My next task is to try and handle the conversion of HS3 events, but Michael McSharry has provided a good example of that, so as soon as #3 in the list above is sorted I can give that a shot...

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    I'm in the same boat

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• shill
    started a topic Is HST helping us with plugin stuff anymore?

Is HST helping us with plugin stuff anymore?

I'm circling the drain on figuring out how to use the action config page stuff, have posted a few things here, added one issue on GitHub, and I've had exactly ZERO input. Pretty disheartening.
Working...
X