Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No multiInstance, oké, are there architect tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maikelwijnen
    replied
    Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
    Clarification: is the question about how to most efficiently re-code a multipleinstancesingleexe HS3 plugin, into a HS4 native plugin

or

is the question how to do a master and some instances implementation inside your (planned) HS4 plugin?

I can ramble off what I did for option 1 which was pretty straight forward, I think I already posted it here somewhere.
    The part I was stuck on was the second one. The main benefit for going on the multi instance was the parallel processing. When one instance get a few ms delayed by a bad tcp connection, the other ones had no delays.

I found an other (3rd party) way to handel the modus connections so that a bad tcp has no influence on the other connections. So I'm confident enough to put all the stuf in one instance.
    Thanks anyway for the replays and really sorry for the way delayed answer.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    The only thing that has changed is that the plugin needs to manage the instance rather this being elevated to HS for management.

As an example, HS4 Hubitat plugin supports multiple Hubitat Elevation devices. In HS3 I could have made each Hubitat Elevation an instance of the plugin. In HS4 I now have an array that is indexed by the instance number. The plugin logic needs an array instance index, but otherwise has not changed.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    I always wanted to have 3 level relationship, i.e. parent->child>grandchild, i.e. plugin root -> physical device -> HS devices

Guess still not possible?

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    Clarification: is the question about how to most efficiently re-code a multipleinstancesingleexe HS3 plugin, into a HS4 native plugin

or

is the question how to do a master and some instances implementation inside your (planned) HS4 plugin?

I can ramble off what I did for option 1 which was pretty straight forward, I think I already posted it here somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    I've personally never found a need or desire for mutli-instance. How are you connecting with modbus? (Sorry for my ignorance on that subject)

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Can anyone provide some guidance on this topic?

Leave a comment:

• maikelwijnen
    started a topic No multiInstance, oké, are there architect tips?

No multiInstance, oké, are there architect tips?

Can anyone help me with the new architecture with the leg of multi instance in HS4?
    I don't need full support, but it feels like I'm hitting a brik wall right now...

I hade made a modbus plugin for HS3. Every modbus device had his own Instance. Every modbus device has several (and different amount) inputs and outputs that been used for switches and relays. At my house I have 3 modbus devices with a total of 170 inputs and 144 outputs. (all configured in different rooms and different functions)
    Now the HS4 architecture has no multiple instance available i'm trying to figure out a way to make it work.

A device (modbus) with the IO's as futures is likely not the answer as I can read.
    Is it smart to make a device as a modbus device (kind a master device), and connect a device like a input to that master?

Working...
X