Send mail in HS4 api

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send mail in HS4 api

I cannot seem to find the SendEmail command in the HS4 API.
    I hope this is still included.

Anyone know?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Also wondering about hs.Speak
    Cheers,
    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      Also wondering about hs.Speak
      HomeSeer.PluginSdk.SpeakProxy
      Don't know about sendemail, seems part of scheduler, import and instanciate something ???

Comment

SpeakProxy is likely only used to speak something when the plugin is reigstered as a speech proxy - that is what my BLSpeech plugin does
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

SpeakProxy is likely only used to speak something when the plugin is reigstered as a speech proxy - that is what my BLSpeech plugin does
          ok, which part are you looking for?

In HS4, I've (very reluctantly) moved to creating one instance of a HSTouch Speakerclient for each different TTS (linkgroup). Once the SpeakerClients are connected, they show up in the speakerclient list and users can select them to create speak actions.
          Code:
           client = ScsServiceClientBuilder.CreateClient(Of ISpeechAPI)(New ScsTcpEndPoint(sIP, 10401), Me)

The traditional way to get called is to overwrite

Code:
           Public Overrides Sub SpeakIn(ByVal device As Integer, ByVal text As String, ByVal wait As Boolean, ByVal host As String) Implements HomeSeer.PluginSdk.IPlugin.SpeakIn
          ' this is the old HS3 method of calling
          SonosSpeakIn(device, text, wait, host)
          End Sub

Comment

OK looks like I will have to create a SpeakerClient object like in the sample plugin.
            Seems like extra work when you just want to speak something to the default speaker client
            Thanks
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

OK looks like I will have to create a SpeakerClient object like in the sample plugin.
              Seems like extra work when you just want to speak something to the default speaker client
              Thanks
              I guess you can use the old mechanism which is pretty much how it was in HS3. Having that said, in HS4, the ability to add a speaker client was removed and despite many many requests hasn't been added. So... it makes me wonder, if you have zero SpeakerClients in your HS4, I'm not sure there is even an ability to select a "defaul speaker". I'll look at it later today, if there is, in my opinion, you can stick to old, if not, the only way this will properly be supported is to connect your own speaker client.

Comment

Rich just confirmed to me that both calls will be added to the sdk
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I did quick test .... good news and bad news.

I start HS4, without any speakerclient. I create a Speak action, no speaker client shows up (because there is none) but the good news is, you can perfectly create the event which is now based on the default speaker.

Bad news: I now start my PI, which creates many speakerclients. I now run the event that I just created and it blast out of each and every speaker client that happens to be connected. Obviously not a PI limited issue, any speaker client that shows up will play the announcement. In the past, I added (virtual) speaker clients and this was therefore never a problem because the event's definition was independant of which speaker client is on-line when you create the event.

rjh Any chance this behavior can be changed? I can see a user specifically stating default, which is ALL, but I see any event created in HS3 or which is created when other speakerclients were not active, is just going to create quite a lot of angry users.

Comment

Working...
                  X