Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Json commands and responses

Hi.

I have some virtual devices that I control via json through ha-bridge and alexa. When turning off the virtual devices, alexa works fine. When turning on the virtual devices, alexa complains the device isn't responding but it turns on anyway.

The fibaro devices I control the same way work fine, so I think this is something to do with the response that is returned by the json command with virtual devices. I never had this issue with HS3.

Does anyone have any idea why it may be working properly with physical devices but not virtual?

Thanks

Note directly related to your situation but there is something wrong with virtual devices... Check this out : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...evice-hs4-bugs

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
      Note directly related to your situation but there is something wrong with virtual devices... Check this out : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...evice-hs4-bugs

Eman.
      Thanks.

The controlling of virtual devices does work in my case, but for some reason the response isn't getting back to alexa, either at all or within the required time.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartyPants View Post

Thanks.

The controlling of virtual devices does work in my case, but for some reason the response isn't getting back to alexa, either at all or within the required time.
        Try to create a new virtual device and test... There seem to be breaking changes in the latest version of HS4 that cause the virtual devices not work as expected.

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

Try to create a new virtual device and test... There seem to be breaking changes in the latest version of HS4 that cause the virtual devices not work as expected.

Eman.
          I've tried that. Sadly no improvement, still complains with on but not off. Think I might have to setup a hs3 test rig and try with that, which is a pita

Comment

Working...
          X