C# Scripting (ASP .NET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C# Scripting (ASP .NET)

I've posted in some other areas of the boards, and spent hours googling, but hoping someone can help. I can run test.aspx, but the second I change the language in the page to C#, I get a compilation error. I've seen many people having the reverse problem, which was resolved by editing /usr/bin/vbnc. I even tried those edits on /usr/bin/csharp to no avail. I'm running Mono 6.8.0.105 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Would really appreciate any help you could offer!

Could someone from HS maybe take a look at this please? It seems like there's something in the HS web server implementation that doesn't support C#.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrorpi View Post
      Could someone from HS maybe take a look at this please? It seems like there's something in the HS web server implementation that doesn't support C#.
      Just a quick check: Are you using the correct file suffix (.cs) on your C# source files?

Comment

I'm just using .aspx with <%@ Page Language="C#"%>

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrorpi View Post
          I'm just using .aspx with <%@ Page Language="C#"%>
          Try it using a source file suffix of ".cs". HS may not be able to parse the page language statement before passing it properly to the compiler.

Comment

Sorry, but I guess changing the suffix does not make sense for an aspx page. Guess we will need to wait for HS's response.

Comment

Working...
            X