X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double event notification received on single button press/release

Inovelli LZW36 switch
    f/w v1.36
    One single association: Group 1, endpoint 1 (this is one of the 2 defaults created, and I removed the second)

I am not sure if this is expected behavior, and if so, if there is a way to circumvent it. Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated.

This is a 2-button switch (actually 6 buttons when including the little side buttons that can also be used for events), typically used to wirelessly control a fan & light. I just use them as scene controllers, and disassociate the "load", which is not physically connected to the switch in any case.

On pressing/releasing either of the two main buttons (rather than the small ones on the side) I see the following in the log, ordered top to bottom:

ApplicationCommandHandler from Network: F255241A Node: 154 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_V3 Frame(7)=13
    Payload1: 5B-03-3F-80-01-B1-00-42
    Frame: 60-0D-00-01-5B-03-3F-80-01-B1-00-42
    Payload1 zd is not nothing
    Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Main Floor Library Central Scene
    Set_New_Level_Real called for Main Floor Library Central Scene, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, EndPoint=0
    Set_New_Level, Parent: Main Floor Library Scene.Root, Child:Main Floor Library Central Scene
    Setting device Central Scene to value 1000 Network: F255241A Node: 154 Device Ref: 1890
    Event Trigger "Main Floor Library.Cabinets - Toggle"
    Payload1: 5B-03-3F-80-01-B1-00-42
    Payload1 zd is not nothing
    Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Main Floor Library Central Scene
    Set_New_Level_Real called for Main Floor Library Central Scene, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, EndPoint=0
    Device: Main Floor Library Cabinets to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Set_New_Level, Parent: Main Floor Library Scene.Root, Child:Main Floor Library Central Scene
    Setting device Central Scene to value 1000 Network: F255241A Node: 154 Device Ref: 1890
    Event Trigger "Main Floor Library.Cabinets - Toggle"

From the HomeSeer log it appears that on a single button press a MultiChannel V3 packet is received, which HS4 translates to a Central Scene V2, which then trips my "Button was pressed" event. Then a Central Scene V2 packet is also received from the device, which of course trips the same event again. Maybe the switch is trying to be compatible and sending both a new V3 message and a V2 message, both of which HS4 translates into the same thing? Or maybe the default association is wrong for this use?
Working...
X