• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moskus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    I had to reboot my system and after that the menu entries were gone. Somehow the Plugins must have kept on running despite me stopping the debugger and I always start them only with the debugger. Maybe HomeSeer automatically restarted the process after a crash. Anyways they are gone now.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by mulu View Post
    [...]and when removing the virtual device then I believe HomeSeer also removes the plugin which in return should remove the website. I am not 100% sure about that mechanism, though.
    If you remove a virtual device, then you are just removing a virtual device. A plugin does not need a device at all to register web links, and as far as I know you can't tie a device to a link.

I think what happened is that in the past my plugin crashed, then I changed the name and next time I started it the menu was not removed because it appears that those menus belong to a different plugin (because I renamed it. It's a bit more complicated than that but that brings it to the point).
    I've made my plugins crash hundreds of times, but the menu items always disappear.

As far as I know, when you kill the plugin process, the web links should disappear.

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    I use RegisterLinkEx and RegisterPage. This is done when my plugin is initializing. My plugin is associated with a virtual device (it creates that virtual device) and when removing the virtual device then I believe HomeSeer also removes the plugin which in return should remove the website. I am not 100% sure about that mechanism, though.

In any case, right now when I start the plugin I check if the virtual device exists, if it exists the plugin removes the virtual device (I am in testing/development stage so I want to start from a 'clean pate'), and then creates the configuration website. Now it removes the links in the menu but the old ones are still there.

I think what happened is that in the past my plugin crashed, then I changed the name and next time I started it the menu was not removed because it appears that those menus belong to a different plugin (because I renamed it. It's a bit more complicated than that but that brings it to the point).

Since this is just a development environment I can live with those extra menu entries. I just figured it would be good to understand how to fix this issue but it's not critical.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Unfortunately they don't disappear. I have a feeling that the were not properly associated with the device and so when I remove the device they are not being removed. Just a guess but I am trying to get rid of them now.
    Wait... what? The devices can't store those links. How did you register the links?

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    Unfortunately they don't disappear. I have a feeling that the were not properly associated with the device and so when I remove the device they are not being removed. Just a guess but I am trying to get rid of them now.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    They should disappear when you close/exit the plugin executable (and refresh the Interfaces page)

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    It id on the web interface. Pmease see the attachment. They were created with RegisterLink from the SDK.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    In the "plugin menu"? Where exactly are we talking about?
    How about a screenshot?

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    started a topic Remove Plugin

Remove Plugin

I am getting started with writing a plugin which creates a virtual device and corresponding websites to configure the virtual device. In my trial and errors I ended up having some entries in the plugin menu that I can't get rid off anymore. They stay there even after I remove the device. How can I remove them?
Working...
X