Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schnark View Post
    Thanks for the quick response back - here's my thoughts:
    • Understand where you're coming from with the energy device, and I'm guessing that you've only got the Powerwall covering a single phase? Agree that the main outcome / benefit needed is triggerable data, and there are other monitoring options if you buy other hardware, but given the constraints with long term retention of data in the Tesla app, having the data coming in would be awesome as you could then feed it out to splunk or something similar. I'll be documenting shortly how I've done this so other people can send and report on info in splunk, and once I've got they plugin, I'll also update the info how to do it with this as well. I also think this functionality would also help people out who were only on a single phase, or who are using the new 3 phase gateway and have multiple Powerwalls. As always though, appreciate any functionality you're willing to provide
    • As long as you can rename it, I'm not stressed, but I'd also point out it's visually shown as grid as per the app screenshot
    • Cool, what you've said makes sense on the next two points and if it was able to be split out for both to/from grid and battery, then that'd be awesome. That said, your current functionality provides a way to get this data and use it in events
    • No problems about storm watch functionality - happy to wait, or assist in looking into this if you'd like
    Many thanks again, and happy to help out how ever you need.
    Haven't forgotten about this, just a little slow due to life getting in the way

- Powerwall is covering two phases (both sides of the backed up load panel), I just don't have any 240v appliances that are low enough watts to put on the single Powerwall. My Powerwall use scenario is purely backup as my utility does pure net metering and does not do Time of Use (TOU) billing. For people that use the Powerwall for backup as well as TOU they may not have all circuits backed up which may make the energy reading incorrect. Additionally there is losses in the inverter (Tesla claims 90% roundtrip efficiency) so I see discrepancies between what the Powerwall is taking vs what the solar is producing. I think it's easy enough to make the 4 wattage reads an energy device, just have to figure out how to do that in code.

- It'll be tough to rename due to the fact that device discovery is done in Plugins via name. I'm leaning towards leaving it as Site and then you can change the display name in things like the Homeseer mobile app like I did to match the Tesla app.

Comment

Hey mate, understand completely - any chance for a beta release to be sent for testing?

Comment

Hoping to have something ready this weekend. I still have to update the device types to be energy and then of course package it up to be shared.

Comment

Originally posted by gpez View Post
          Hoping to have something ready this weekend. I still have to update the device types to be energy and then of course package it up to be shared.
          I also have solar+powerwalls (13kW solar, 3 powerwalls), and a Model X that I charge at home. In addition to wanting to disable the car charger when the grid is out and the batteries are low, I also have a heat pump with a gas backup furnace, and I'd love the ability to trigger my heat to use gas rather than electric in some circumstances. I'd be ecstatic to beta test this for you as well. :-) Also, I've done some homeseer coding myself and could possibly contribute.

Comment

Just a quick update that I've spent some time polishing up the code, adding debugging info, and adding a config page. Once I figure out how to best publish I'll PM you guys a link. Stay tuned.

Comment

Thanks Gpez

Comment

Either of you running a Linux install? I haven't been able to test on that platform.

Binaries use .NET 4.7.2 and Standard 2.0. Refactoring is going to be a pain so if you have the latest .NET already all the better.

Comment

Sorry, windows install here

Comment

I have:
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.534 (Linux)
                    If that would be helpful. I have a recent UK based Powerwall 2 installation,

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Sorry all for the delay - building a plugin is an incredibly crummy experience. The documentation is poor, architecture unintuitive, and the local developer experience is terrible. Adding to the frustration it seems you can't publish a beta in the HS store without first publishing an actual plugin... Oh yeah, also their SSL cert here expired today. Homeseer I really hope you fix the whole process for HS4.

That said - I've published a private version for those that would like to beta it. schnark, cjastennett, zanfur I'll PM you a link.

Comment

Working...
                      X