Plug-In Request - ControlByWeb Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-In Request - ControlByWeb Device

I would love to see a plugin for interfacing with the devices from ControlByWeb. In my case specifically with their X-600M Web-Enabled I/O Controller. Although I suspect a Plug-In could be universal across their product line.

Their products provide monitoring analog & digital inputs and controlling built in high/low current relays.

They seem like a perfect complement/match to HomeSeer.

Below is a snippet from their Overview page.

The X-600M is a web-enabled I/O controller that performs control, logic, and monitoring functions similar to that of a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC). However, unlike a PLC, the X-600M is designed for web based applications from the ground up. The X-600M can be setup, controlled, and monitored using its built-in web server and a standard web browser. The setup web pages are intuitive and easy to use and do not require special programming skills. No add-on software is required.
    Dennis

I'll take a look at this tonight. I don't use anything that would use it (currently), but I've never heard of it either. I will take a look and see how easy it would be and if it's something I might use.

I could still create a plugin, even if I don't use the products, but there will be certain degree of "shooting in the dark"

Comment

Thanks for your interest Frank.

The ControlByWeb folks make a wide range of high quality I/O monitoring (analog, digital, temperature, etc.) & control (high & low current relays) devices that all interface with the web including sending emails.

I learned about them from a Generac Generator/Electricians forum where folks were using ControlByWeb devices to monitor their generator and get notifications by email.

I suppose they have some overlap with HomeSeer where they perform logic based on the I/O and can send email alerts. However they don't direct talk to other products (audio/visual/security/home automation) thus the need for a HomeSeer Plug-In.

My first need was to have a HomeSeer event action control a ControlByWeb relay, their tech support gave me the command "http://192.168.92.25/state.xml?relay9State=1" (described in Section 6 of the X600 manual) which worked fine from a browser.

However, being new to HomeSeer I didn't know how to use the command. I asked for help over in the HS3 Event Clinic and mrhappy was very helpful. I was able to get my HomeSeer event action to activate the ControlByWeb relay.

Here is a link to the product page for their premier controller (which I have) "https://www.controlbyweb.com/x600m/"

PS; I have no affiliation with ControlByWeb other than having purchased some of their products.

Dennis

Comment

I would like to control an event from a CBW X-300 Advanced Temperature Module.
        I know it has been a LONG time, but I'm curious if this ever went anywhere.

Comment

This is the most popular input and output device out there now that HAI/Leviton is gone. Any thoughts to adding?

Comment

Hi all, I looked at the docs, it's doable. I contacted ControlByWeb, but they refused to send me the samples for development (they offered 30 days return )
            So the option is to develop without testing and let you test (I do it often, but it's slower).

Comment

I would not be apposed to that. Hit me offline at johnhilzendegeratgmaildotcom

Comment

I'm also interested in this and would be interested in helping test. I have the X-660M Web-Enabled I/O Controller.

Dennis

Comment

Can you please give me an idea what you expect the plugin to do - i.e. what status to read and what to control?

Comment

Ok, I've got it. I can read status ad control relays.

One question for all of you - are you still on HS3? Because I can create ControlByWeb plugin - but it's got to be HS4

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-25 093015.png
Views:	188
Size:	548.2 KB
ID:	1509930

Comment

alexbk66,

I'm on HS4.

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                      Can you please give me an idea what you expect the plugin to do - i.e. what status to read and what to control?
                      A couple things a do are; my garage door switches are connected to ControlByWeb relay contacts so I can use Alexa via HomeSeer to operate my garage doors. I know that's a possible security risk, but I'm using unusual device names and command. See this thread where I asked for HomeSeer help.

Also (not used by HomeSeer but another example) my side-of-the-road mailbox door is wired to a ControlByWeb input which when activated turns on latches a ControlByWeb relay which turns on a LED and pulse a buzzer on my Foyer wall. A switch (Labeled Reset) next to the LED connected to another set of ControlByWeb inputs and relay will unlatch the LED relay. After minor mail box vandalism, I added a command to a ControlByWeb script to instruct BlueIris (Webcam Software) to use my driveway security cam to save a snapshot.

Dennis

Comment

Thank you Dennis,

I'll post initial version in a couple of days

Alex

Comment

I published BETA version, very preliminary.

Only for X600 for now.

Problem with their "API" is that they use the names assigned by user, so it's not fixed. It's hard to implement if names may change and impossible to find device type type from the reply.

For now I implemented based on default preset names, i.e. "input1", "relay1", etc.

I asked them if they can add command for reading naming configuration, we'll see.

Also waiting for HST to create forum for the plugin, so discussion can be moved there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-12-03.png Views:	0 Size:	529.5 KB ID:	1511707

Comment

Control by Web has some sweet products. Although, their pricing is not fr the faint of heart. I.E. a single relay with a dig temp sensor input is about $170. It seems they are geared more toward industrial applications than they are the HA market. Although, if you want an industrial quality product, you get what you pay for.

Comment

Created the forum for AKControlByWeb plugin here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...byweb-alexbk66

Comment

Working...
                              X