Getting HomeSeer to recognize a plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting HomeSeer to recognize a plugin

I have now got my first plugin up and running. It works just fine when I launch the .exe file. It connects to HomeSeer, sets up the devices it controls, correctly controls the physical device, etc.

I have now tried to "install" the plugin by putting the plugin .exe and .exe.config files (HSPI_MONOPRICE_MPR-SG6Z.exe, HSPI_MONOPRICE_MPR-SG6Z.exe.config) into the HomeSeer root directory. For some reason, Homeseer does not recognize the plugin when I put it in the root directory. The plugin does not appear in the "installed plugins" page. I have to run the .exe by hand to get the plugin to start.

What am I missing to get HomeSeer to recognize my plugin???

My experience is that when HS starts it looks in its install folder for HSPI* and then makes a call to what I recall is the Name function of the plugin. It later calls the plugin again for AccessLevel and other methods. I would confirm that Name (or whatever it is called) returns a reasonable value. Also look at the HS startup log for clues.

Comment

Make sure your assembly has a name space exactly like your file name including the HSPI_ and make sure your class that implements the HS interface is called HSPI.

Not called out clearly imho. Tripped me up on my first one too.

Comment

That was the problem. I had "-" in my plugin name and MStudio does not like it. So I was never able to change the assembly name to be the same as my plugin name. Now the "-" are gone from my plugin name and it works.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X