Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any interest in a plugin for Bond Ceiling Fan controller if I write one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexbk66
    replied
    Version 3.0.0.4 (BETA) - Added Light child devices (incl. Up/Down Lights). rprade

Note 1: Fan Speed/Direction child devices coming - but the parent actions (which don't take arguments) should work for now
    Note 2: Not supported devices (i.e. Up/Down Lights in the screenshot) are also created - will make it smarter next version.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Version 3.0.0.3 (BETA) - started implementing proper child HS devices - currently only for Bond MS (Motorised Shades) device types with only Open/Close states.

Bond CF type (Ceiling Fan) is coming, there's more work - i.e. Speed, Direction, Light HS devices.

Leave a comment:

• Timmy_G
    replied
    Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Version 3.0.0.2 (BETA) implemented adding Bond device manually. Simply click green "+" button on Config page. Then enter IP address. The rest should be done automatically.

Note 1: Sometimes config page mis-behaves when doing that (i.e. new device doesn't show, or fields are duplicated) - just refresh the page.

Note 2: Remember to reboot the Bridge when adding the device - doesn't matter before or after - it will provide the Authentication token within 10 minutes after reboot.
    Legend - thanks, will give it a go this evening!

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by Timmy_G View Post
    Using the + button didnt work for me.
    Version 3.0.0.2 (BETA) implemented adding Bond device manually. Simply click green "+" button on Config page. Then enter IP address. The rest should be done automatically.

Note 1: Sometimes config page mis-behaves when doing that (i.e. new device doesn't show, or fields are duplicated) - just refresh the page.

Note 2: Remember to reboot the Bridge when adding the device - doesn't matter before or after - it will provide the Authentication token within 10 minutes after reboot.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by vasrc View Post
    Triggering on status or even just checking on a status might? also be problematic (ie on or off, speed 1-6, blind open partially, etc) as you might end up reacting to a false status/position? So if you see the fan go Off and you want it On, you'd resend the On command. Same for if it was already. Typically the Bond controlled device would be controlled by other inputs (temp, time, etc), not the current status of the device.

I'm assuming the Bond Bridge keeps track of the current status no matter which control input (Siri, Echo, HS3, etc) is used?
    1. I guess the virtual status can't be really used for triggering events, more just visual
    2. May be for some devices there's actually possibility to get feedback (i.e. new windows shutters report position) Hopefully Bond will handle this (may be not yet)
    3. So as I understand Bond keeps track of the current state only if device is controlled by the Bond, not original remote.
    4. In any case the best I can do - is display the state I get from Bond. And hope they are smart to get it right.

Leave a comment:

• vasrc
    replied

Ok. I guess so. Just only issue is - the status is basically a copy of the Bond app, not the physical device. But better than nothing.
    No doubt, and the virtual status might? be an issue with the Bond Bridge (not it's fault just the devices it controls typically don't give feedback)

-So, just thinking about this...

Option #2 would seem to work for control/action as worse case you would just resend an existing action. So say it's Off and you want it On, you would turn it On. If it was actually already On, no problem. Same for initially being On. Fan speeds might be: At speed 1 and you want it to be Speed 2, you set it to Speed 2 even if it was there already.
    So worse case you just resend a command.

Triggering on status or even just checking on a status might? also be problematic (ie on or off, speed 1-6, blind open partially, etc) as you might end up reacting to a false status/position? So if you see the fan go Off and you want it On, you'd resend the On command. Same for if it was already. Typically the Bond controlled device would be controlled by other inputs (temp, time, etc), not the current status of the device.

Probably worse case would be a race condition where an event keeps trying to change a state caused by a delay in the Bond Bridge->PI?

I'm assuming the Bond Bridge keeps track of the current status no matter which control input (Siri, Echo, HS3, etc) is used? If not, that might be another issue.

Z

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Using the + button didnt work for me
    I copied this function from my other plugin, but didn't test it yet. I'll do it tomorrow (it's a bit late now).

Does issue with mDNS possibly relate to the plugin not creating a root devive upon install of the plugin (as per post #71)
    Post #71 doesn't say that it doesn't create a root. It creates the root device, but needs the authorisation token from the Bridge, which is only available within 10 minutes after reboot (security feature).

mDNS is required before that to find the Bridge IP address.
    If mDNS doesn't work - you should be able to enter the address manually (when I fix it).

But mDNS problem is quite difficult to diagnose - there are many factors affecting mDNS, i.e.
    1. the router blocking mDNS traffic
    2. your computer having multiple network cards, including VM virtual adapters. I usually try to disable the once I don't need (when I have mDNS issues)
    3. sometimes rebooting the computer fixes the problem

But try the ServiceBrowser first

Leave a comment:

• Timmy_G
    replied

[EDIT] What's your Bridge Firmware version?

Can you try ServiceBrowser from here (download is at the bottom)

Click image for larger version Name:	2020-01-23 (1).png Views:	0 Size:	27.4 KB ID:	1355867
    v2.10.8

Leave a comment:

• Timmy_G
    replied
    I'm an electrician that is somewhat tech savvy Alex, however, that may be beyond me Give me some time mate, i will try!

Leave a comment:

• Timmy_G
    replied
    Thanks will check!

Leave a comment:

• Timmy_G
    replied
    Using the + button didnt work for me. Does issue with mDNS possibly relate to the plugin not creating a root devive upon install of the plugin (as per post #71)

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied

OK- running windows 10. How do I check that mDNS works mate? I think thats my issue
    [EDIT] What's your Bridge Firmware version?

Can you try ServiceBrowser from here (download is at the bottom)

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-01-23 (1).png Views:	0 Size:	27.4 KB ID:	1355867

Leave a comment:

• Timmy_G
    replied

It means that the discovery (mDNS/Zeroconf) doesn't work.
    Anything in the logs?
    Are you on Linux or Windows?
    You should be able to add the Bridge manually in Config page - Using the "+" button, then entering the Bridge ID and IP. But I didn't test it yet.
    OK- running windows 10. How do I check that mDNS works mate? I think thats my issue

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by vasrc View Post

#2 for sure. Not having the current status make it impossible to check the status of the devices. I don't see any event triggers for the PI, so you'll need to provide a device status instead.
    Ok. I guess so. Just only issue is - the status is basically a copy of the Bond app, not the physical device. But better than nothing.

Leave a comment:

• vasrc
    replied
    Another question: what do you guys prefer -

(1) Create only one HS device for each fan with lots of buttons - as it's done currently, i.e. for fan with 6 speeds have 6 btns (Speed1, Speed2, etc)?
    This way it's not possible to display the current state of each feature (current fan speed, current light brightness) - because the HS device has only one status.

Or

(2) For each fan create HS root device and create children devices for each feature, i.e. separate device for Fan Speed with a slider 0 to 6?
    This way I can display the current state for each feature, i.e. current fan speed in HS device status. But the status is uncertain anyway - that's only what the Bond app thinks, not real fan status.
    #2 for sure. Not having the current status make it impossible to check the status of the devices. I don't see any event triggers for the PI, so you'll need to provide a device status instead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X