Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any interest in a plugin for Bond Ceiling Fan controller if I write one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sirmeili
    replied
    I got my bond in. I have yet to start the plugin but will this weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bmsmithvb
    replied
    I received my Bond yesterday and used it on a fan which already had a remote control installed. It.. works... but I could not get it to work very well. For example, I could not get it to set the feed to low or medium, just high or off.

Did your BOND arrive?

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Amazon cancelled my first order. I had to reorder it. It will be here today I think 😁

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bmsmithvb
    replied
    This is great news! I'd love to get this working.

Leave a comment:

• cloomis
    replied
    This is awesome to hear. I would love to see a plug-in for the bond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    Yup.

My bond will be here soon. I ordered it today.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    API is here: http://docs-local.appbond.com/

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    They released the API finally. I have to buy a BOND and then I can start.

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

ARGH!!!! I wish you lived closer....LOL. I could really use one for testing I'm likely going to buy one, but now hearing all this I'm going to wait until I know the API is released.
    Just thought I would check in since it’s been about a month since Bond told you they would be releasing it shortly, have you heard anything from them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• D14
    replied
    Yes!
    I can test if you need testers.

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
    Yeah I posted on their forums ~9 months ago about this. I gave up waiting and switched to RFXCOM which works beautifully and can control a whole lot of other devices to boot.

I have an unused Bond sitting around the house now, so I can test things for you. I'd offer to mail it to you but I live on the other side of the planet and postage is insane.
    ARGH!!!! I wish you lived closer....LOL. I could really use one for testing I'm likely going to buy one, but now hearing all this I'm going to wait until I know the API is released.

Leave a comment:

• Fellhahn
    replied
    Yeah I posted on their forums ~9 months ago about this. I gave up waiting and switched to RFXCOM which works beautifully and can control a whole lot of other devices to boot.

I have an unused Bond sitting around the house now, so I can test things for you. I'd offer to mail it to you but I live on the other side of the planet and postage is insane.

Leave a comment:

• drhtmal
    replied
    Bomd posted this on their twitter feed on Feb 12, 2019 to add to a request that was made in Feb of 2018 about an API.

its in the pipeline but timeline is not yet available. Sorry i know a lot of people are excited for it to be implemented. We will let you guys know as soon as its ready to be released. email us at customerservice@olibra.io for other inquiries

At this point I will not be holding my breath. I hope they do release an API, but based on all the BS they have been spewing for the last several years I doubt a local API that does not require some sort of cloud connection with their cloud servers will ever happen.

Bond is not all that complicated of a device. One could probably use an SDR to capture the signals and then retransmit them.

Here is an instructables on someone doing it.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Rev...oller-for-IoT/

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    I too have a Bond that is controlling three ceiling fans.....they have been promising the release of an API and kept saying it was going to be released in a couple months...every couple of months for well over a year.

I’m interested in a plugin....just hoping it’s true...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Yes, was on my list to write one as well but happy to defer to you if you take it on. Currently have 1 device but planning on adding 2-3 more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X