Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any interest in a plugin for Bond Ceiling Fan controller if I write one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks will check!

Comment

I'm an electrician that is somewhat tech savvy Alex, however, that may be beyond me Give me some time mate, i will try!

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

[EDIT] What's your Bridge Firmware version?

Can you try ServiceBrowser from here (download is at the bottom)

Click image for larger version Name:	2020-01-23 (1).png Views:	0 Size:	27.4 KB ID:	1355867
        v2.10.8

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_G View Post
          Using the + button didnt work for me
          I copied this function from my other plugin, but didn't test it yet. I'll do it tomorrow (it's a bit late now).

Does issue with mDNS possibly relate to the plugin not creating a root devive upon install of the plugin (as per post #71)
          Post #71 doesn't say that it doesn't create a root. It creates the root device, but needs the authorisation token from the Bridge, which is only available within 10 minutes after reboot (security feature).

mDNS is required before that to find the Bridge IP address.
          If mDNS doesn't work - you should be able to enter the address manually (when I fix it).

But mDNS problem is quite difficult to diagnose - there are many factors affecting mDNS, i.e.
          1. the router blocking mDNS traffic
          2. your computer having multiple network cards, including VM virtual adapters. I usually try to disable the once I don't need (when I have mDNS issues)
          3. sometimes rebooting the computer fixes the problem

But try the ServiceBrowser first

Comment

Ok. I guess so. Just only issue is - the status is basically a copy of the Bond app, not the physical device. But better than nothing.
            No doubt, and the virtual status might? be an issue with the Bond Bridge (not it's fault just the devices it controls typically don't give feedback)

-So, just thinking about this...

Option #2 would seem to work for control/action as worse case you would just resend an existing action. So say it's Off and you want it On, you would turn it On. If it was actually already On, no problem. Same for initially being On. Fan speeds might be: At speed 1 and you want it to be Speed 2, you set it to Speed 2 even if it was there already.
            So worse case you just resend a command.

Triggering on status or even just checking on a status might? also be problematic (ie on or off, speed 1-6, blind open partially, etc) as you might end up reacting to a false status/position? So if you see the fan go Off and you want it On, you'd resend the On command. Same for if it was already. Typically the Bond controlled device would be controlled by other inputs (temp, time, etc), not the current status of the device.

Probably worse case would be a race condition where an event keeps trying to change a state caused by a delay in the Bond Bridge->PI?

I'm assuming the Bond Bridge keeps track of the current status no matter which control input (Siri, Echo, HS3, etc) is used? If not, that might be another issue.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
              Triggering on status or even just checking on a status might? also be problematic (ie on or off, speed 1-6, blind open partially, etc) as you might end up reacting to a false status/position? So if you see the fan go Off and you want it On, you'd resend the On command. Same for if it was already. Typically the Bond controlled device would be controlled by other inputs (temp, time, etc), not the current status of the device.

I'm assuming the Bond Bridge keeps track of the current status no matter which control input (Siri, Echo, HS3, etc) is used?
              1. I guess the virtual status can't be really used for triggering events, more just visual
              2. May be for some devices there's actually possibility to get feedback (i.e. new windows shutters report position) Hopefully Bond will handle this (may be not yet)
              3. So as I understand Bond keeps track of the current state only if device is controlled by the Bond, not original remote.
              4. In any case the best I can do - is display the state I get from Bond. And hope they are smart to get it right.

Comment

Using the + button didnt work for me.
                Version 3.0.0.2 (BETA) implemented adding Bond device manually. Simply click green "+" button on Config page. Then enter IP address. The rest should be done automatically.

Note 1: Sometimes config page mis-behaves when doing that (i.e. new device doesn't show, or fields are duplicated) - just refresh the page.

Note 2: Remember to reboot the Bridge when adding the device - doesn't matter before or after - it will provide the Authentication token within 10 minutes after reboot.

Comment

Version 3.0.0.2 (BETA) implemented adding Bond device manually. Simply click green "+" button on Config page. Then enter IP address. The rest should be done automatically.

Note 1: Sometimes config page mis-behaves when doing that (i.e. new device doesn't show, or fields are duplicated) - just refresh the page.

Note 2: Remember to reboot the Bridge when adding the device - doesn't matter before or after - it will provide the Authentication token within 10 minutes after reboot.
                  Legend - thanks, will give it a go this evening!

Comment

Version 3.0.0.3 (BETA) - started implementing proper child HS devices - currently only for Bond MS (Motorised Shades) device types with only Open/Close states.

Bond CF type (Ceiling Fan) is coming, there's more work - i.e. Speed, Direction, Light HS devices.

Comment

Version 3.0.0.4 (BETA) - Added Light child devices (incl. Up/Down Lights).

Note 1: Fan Speed/Direction child devices coming - but the parent actions (which don't take arguments) should work for now
                      Note 2: Not supported devices (i.e. Up/Down Lights in the screenshot) are also created - will make it smarter next version.

Comment

Version 3.0.0.5 (in BETA) - Release candidate. Please delete all devices created by previous BETA versions.

Implemented all CF (Ceiling Fan) child devices (Speed, Direction, Lights)

Note: Light Brightness (dimmer) still needs to be implemented, since I don't own a fan with dimmable light.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ver.3.0.0.5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.6 KB ID:	1356766

Comment

[QUOTE=alexbk66;n1356765]Version 3.0.0.5 (in BETA) - Release candidate. Please delete all devices created by previous BETA versions.

Implemented all CF (Ceiling Fan) child devices (Speed, Direction, Lights)

Note: Light Brightness (dimmer) still needs to be implemented, since I don't own a fan with dimmable light.

Working for me (except for dimmer function). Thank you. Elliott
                          "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                          "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                            Working for me (except for dimmer function). Thank you. Elliott
                            Hi Elliot. Do you have dimmer? I will add the dimer function, but I can't test it myself.

I'm waiting for a week for HST to create a subforum for the plugin, but they are taking their time.

I will add a thread then for feature requests. I still need to add Fireplace support too.

Comment

Hi Elliot. Do you have dimmer? I will add the dimer function, but I can't test it myself.

I'm waiting for a week for HST to create a subforum for the plugin, but they are taking their time.

I will add a thread then for feature requests. I still need to add Fireplace support too.
                              Hello Alex,
                              Sorry it's taken me so long to get this posted. I have three different fans that have lights that dim and each one has a different number of speeds (See below screenshots of each fan in the Bond App). I've installed your plugin and it has created the below devices.

I am able to turn the lights on and off for each fan and the "IncreaseSpeed" / "DecreaseSpeed" buttons are properly controlling the fan speeds for each fan.

Notes for each fan:
                              Media Room:
                              1) I think I need to call Bond tech support for this fan as the app doesn't seem to be controlling it properly so I'll have to test your plugin for this fan after I get it setup correctly.
                              2) Is it possible to use increasing numbers for fan speed instead of the slider? I'm thinking that for events it might be easier to set a specific speed?
                              3) Device Bond.FanDirection only shows "Stop" button but does not have the "Summer" "Winter".....not sure if it was your idea to use those labels but if so, I really like it, very intuitive.
                              4) Wondering if it's possible to have a "DimUp" / "DimDown" button for lights? This might also be a good place for a slider if possible?

Master Bedroom fan:
                              1) This fan has an upper and lower light, right now the Bond App doesn't seem to control them correctly so I'll work with them on that as well. I'm hoping that both their app and your plugin will be able to control each of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bond Plugin Devices.png
Views:	89
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	1356935
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Familyroom.png
Views:	85
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1356936Click image for larger version

Name:	Masterroom.png
Views:	89
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1356937Click image for larger version

Name:	Mediaroom.png
Views:	87
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1356938
                              HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                              Plugin's:
                              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Yes, I do have a dimmer. I am happy to test for you. Thanks. Elliott
                                "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                                "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
                                X