Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any interest in a plugin for Bond Ceiling Fan controller if I write one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any interest in a plugin for Bond Ceiling Fan controller if I write one?

I've talked with Bond about local control and they are releasing it. Is there any interest in a plugin for this device?

https://bondhome.io/

I looked at the Bond fan controller about a year ago. It was a nice device that solved a problem. There was talk about implementing local control back then too. I am glad they are finally getting around to implementing it.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      I've talked with Bond about local control and they are releasing it. Is there any interest in a plugin for this device?

https://bondhome.io/
      Yes.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ok..I might start to write it blind since i don't have a device yet (all my fans are controlled by insteon except 1)

Comment

I have a single Bond controller for 3 fans. I can test if you want.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            I have a single Bond controller for 3 fans. I can test if you want.
            To start I will take you up on that

Comment

How long ago did you say you talked to the folks at Bond? Did they give you an estimated release date. The local API has been in the works for a loooooong time.

Comment

Yes please! I have one unit controlling two fan/light units - happy to help test.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
                  How long ago did you say you talked to the folks at Bond? Did they give you an estimated release date. The local API has been in the works for a loooooong time.
                  Today. Documentation will be provided shortly for the API so I can start..

Comment

Yes, was on my list to write one as well but happy to defer to you if you take it on. Currently have 1 device but planning on adding 2-3 more.

Comment

I too have a Bond that is controlling three ceiling fans.....they have been promising the release of an API and kept saying it was going to be released in a couple months...every couple of months for well over a year.

I’m interested in a plugin....just hoping it’s true...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                      Plugin's:
                      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Bomd posted this on their twitter feed on Feb 12, 2019 to add to a request that was made in Feb of 2018 about an API.

its in the pipeline but timeline is not yet available. Sorry i know a lot of people are excited for it to be implemented. We will let you guys know as soon as its ready to be released. email us at customerservice@olibra.io for other inquiries

At this point I will not be holding my breath. I hope they do release an API, but based on all the BS they have been spewing for the last several years I doubt a local API that does not require some sort of cloud connection with their cloud servers will ever happen.

Bond is not all that complicated of a device. One could probably use an SDR to capture the signals and then retransmit them.

Here is an instructables on someone doing it.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Rev...oller-for-IoT/

Comment

Yeah I posted on their forums ~9 months ago about this. I gave up waiting and switched to RFXCOM which works beautifully and can control a whole lot of other devices to boot.

I have an unused Bond sitting around the house now, so I can test things for you. I'd offer to mail it to you but I live on the other side of the planet and postage is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
                            Yeah I posted on their forums ~9 months ago about this. I gave up waiting and switched to RFXCOM which works beautifully and can control a whole lot of other devices to boot.

I have an unused Bond sitting around the house now, so I can test things for you. I'd offer to mail it to you but I live on the other side of the planet and postage is insane.
                            ARGH!!!! I wish you lived closer....LOL. I could really use one for testing I'm likely going to buy one, but now hearing all this I'm going to wait until I know the API is released.

Comment

Yes!
                              I can test if you need testers.

Comment

Working...
                              X