Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any interest in a plugin for Bond Ceiling Fan controller if I write one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DevicesCreated1.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1355324
    I installed your plug-in without difficulty from Beta section. My Bond Bridge reads "unauthorized" and no devices are created for my fan that is controlled by the bridge. On configuration page, RSSI has no value. HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows). Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

I installed your plug-in without difficulty from Beta section. My Bond Bridge reads "unauthorized" and no devices are created for my fan that is controlled by the bridge. On configuration page, RSSI has no value. HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows). Elliott
      Man, did you read my post #71?

Comment

Version 3.0.0.1 (BETA) - implemented some actions - which don't require arguments (i.e. Open/Close)

Note: if you tried 3.0.0.0 already - it's a good idea to delete HS Bond devices before starting 3.0.0.1

Comment

Man, did you read my post #71?
          Sorry. All is good now.
          "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Version 3.0.0.1 (BETA) - implemented some actions - which don't require arguments (i.e. Open/Close)

Note: if you tried 3.0.0.0 already - it's a good idea to delete HS Bond devices before starting 3.0.0.1
            Installed and controls are working for my fan.

Comment

Installed and controls are working for my fan.
              Controls which take an argument (i.e. IncreaseSpeed) will need to be added on users request - I can't predict which ones, there's million of different Bond devices.

When HST create a new subforum for the plugin - I will start a topic for Feature Requests.

Comment

Controls which take an argument (i.e. IncreaseSpeed) will need to be added on users request - I can't predict which ones, there's million of different Bond devices.

When HST create a new subforum for the plugin - I will start a topic for Feature Requests.
                Really appreciate you taking the time to create this plugin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                Plugin's:
                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Understood. Appreciate, too, your creating this plug-in. Elliott

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                    Really appreciate you taking the time to create this plugin.
                    Appreciate, too, your creating this plug-in. Elliott
                    My pleasure. Unfortunately it's more complicated than it looked at the beginning (as it always is ) - because the control commands are device specific, not very generic.

And Bond API is very powerful - it's possible to do more stuff from the API than you can do via Bond mobile app or your original remote.

Comment

Great that you are making progress alexbk66! To clarify - this beta plugin only works for those testing HS4? Beta will not work under HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_G View Post
                        Great that you are making progress alexbk66! To clarify - this beta plugin only works for those testing HS4? Beta will not work under HS3?
                        I have implemented the plug-in on HS3Pro. I don't have access to HS4, yet. Elliott

Comment

It's actually HS3, but should also work on HS4. I will port later to native HS4 when HS4 itself is ready.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

I installed the beta plugin but I do not get a root device created as per post #71 (I uninstalled/reinstalled but same result). I did go to the config page and created one but I'm not sure how to proceed from there. Have also rebooted the Bond a few times and can confirm control from my phone.

Thoughts?

Comment

I installed the beta plugin but I do not get a root device created as per post #71 (I uninstalled/reinstalled but same result). I did go to the config page and created one but I'm not sure how to proceed from there. Have also rebooted the Bond a few times and can confirm control from my phone.
                              It means that the discovery (mDNS/Zeroconf) doesn't work.
                              Anything in the logs?
                              Are you on Linux or Windows?
                              You should be able to add the Bridge manually in Config page - Using the "+" button, then entering the Bridge ID and IP. But I didn't test it yet.

Comment

I installed 3.0.0.1 this morning. All went well but the plug-in failed to get an authorization token, even after a reboot. With this error.
                                Jan-21 7:24:55 AM AK Bond ERROR [7372]: Bond Bridge: [Bond Bridge] AJ11979 (192.168.2.27): Execute '/v2/sys/version': Status: 'Error' Error: 'Unable to connect to the remote server' response: '' code: '0/' 'ConnectFailure'
                                The problem was that the firmware in the hub needed an update. I was running v1.x.x, it updated to v2.10.8. The. The token worked and the devices were created for 3 fans.

I know this is an early beta, the following is just informational. I can turn the fan on or off, but cannot control the speed. I can turn the light in or off, but all three controls (Toggle, On, Off) all toggle the light state. I cannot control the dim level of the lights.

Speed control generates these errors:
                                Jan-21 8:05:25 AM AK Bond ERROR [7372]: Bond Bridge: [Bond Bridge] AJ11979 (192.168.2.27): Execute '/v2/devices/00000033/actions/DecreaseSpeed': Status: 'Error' Error: 'Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length' response: '{"_error_id":7,"_error_msg":"bad argument"} ' code: 'BadRequest/Bad Request' ''
                                Jan-21 8:05:00 AM AK Bond ERROR [7372]: Bond Bridge: [Bond Bridge] AJ11979 (192.168.2.27): Execute '/v2/devices/00000033/actions/IncreaseSpeed': Status: 'Error' Error: 'Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length' response: '{"_error_id":7,"_error_msg":"bad argument"} ' code: 'BadRequest/Bad Request' ''
                                No errors are logged with a “Start Dimmer” request.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DB469F4C-9CBD-42C4-BCC9-D3158784C05E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	55.7 KB ID:	1355637
                                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                                X