Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any interest in a plugin for Bond Ceiling Fan controller if I write one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Yes, I do have a dimmer. I am happy to test for you. Thanks. Elliott
    Bond API actually has functions for creating devices in the App - so I'll try to create a dummy fan with a dimmer

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Hello Alex,
      Sorry it's taken me so long to get this posted. I have three different fans that have lights that dim and each one has a different number of speeds (See below screenshots of each fan in the Bond App). I've installed your plugin and it has created the below devices.

I am able to turn the lights on and off for each fan and the "IncreaseSpeed" / "DecreaseSpeed" buttons are properly controlling the fan speeds for each fan.

Notes for each fan:
      Media Room:
      1) I think I need to call Bond tech support for this fan as the app doesn't seem to be controlling it properly so I'll have to test your plugin for this fan after I get it setup correctly.
      2) Is it possible to use increasing numbers for fan speed instead of the slider? I'm thinking that for events it might be easier to set a specific speed?
      3) Device Bond.FanDirection only shows "Stop" button but does not have the "Summer" "Winter".....not sure if it was your idea to use those labels but if so, I really like it, very intuitive.
      4) Wondering if it's possible to have a "DimUp" / "DimDown" button for lights? This might also be a good place for a slider if possible?

Master Bedroom fan:
      1) This fan has an upper and lower light, right now the Bond App doesn't seem to control them correctly so I'll work with them on that as well. I'm hoping that both their app and your plugin will be able to control each of them.
      Hey The Profit, can you please

1. go to each fan properties (in the app) and post template name for each. Then I can reproduce your fans in my app for testing.
      2. to get the full info about your devices and supported functionality - please go to the Bridge Config page (in HS) and print it to pdf (obviousl attach pdf to your reply)

Same for Richel Elliot.

Notes:

1. Dimmer still need to be implemented, see the other posts. And I need the above info from you guys.

2. Strange you have some icons missing, especially Family Room fan - can you please check the "Status Graphics" tab for these devices, does it have correct icons? Also, on "Advanced" tab it should show current device value. Which should also exist in the "Status Graphics" and have corresponding icon.

3. Bond API provides a lot of functionality - way more than the app. They have two levels of control - actions which is higher abstraction level (which is recommended and what I'm using). Also it has commands - low level device commands. Which I can use in some cases if necessary.

As I said, I'm using the actions - and I get the list of supported actions from the Bridge. You can see that info in the Bridge config screen (there's a lot). Also, if you enable "Log" on this screen - it will also show the available commands, which is hidden by default.

So the labels you mentioned - I'm getting them from the API.

4. Regarding changing the speed slider to buttons - I don't think it's makes any difference for events. Actually it's opposite - because all fans have different number of speeds, but underlying actions API gives me the MaxSpeed and one action SetSpeed(val) - in your case it's 6 and the slider is 1-6. But the commands API has actually 6 separate commands (Speed1, Speed2, ext). Anyways, if users reckon they want buttons instead of sliders - it's doable.

5. And regarding "Device Bond.FanDirection only shows "Stop" - that's what I'm getting from the API. Does it actually have the directions buttons on the original remote and the Bond app? I can verify if you provide the info I asked above. I'm not sure what "Stop" is doing - I'm waiting a reply from Bond.

Alex

Comment

Version 3.0.0.6 (still in BETA section until approved by HST). After creating dummy devices using your templates - everything is tested and should be operational.

Notes:

1. Regarding "Stop" action I have a reply from Bond:
        "it stops the current signal from transmitting and clears the queue of to-be-transmitted signals"
        " the action named StartDimmer (a continuous transmission until you send the Stop action, or timeout at 30 seconds)"
        2. Brightness scrollbar for devices which support increments of 10% may not work (because it has increment 1%). Need better solution.

3. Timer and Breeze actions still need to be implemented.

4. And Fireplaces devices too..

Click image for larger version  Name:	ver.3.0.0.6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	1357026

Comment

Good news - plugin now released. Currently all my plugins are $10 off:

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/a...613cfc0a&_ss=r

And all discussion moves to the dedicated forum:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/wi...-bond-alexbk66

Comment

alexbk66 With each new beta of this plugin, is it required to delete all existing devices and root before updating the plugin? What is the correct process to update?
            Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
            Plugin's:
            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
              Version 3.0.0.6 (still in BETA section until approved by HST). After creating dummy devices using your templates - everything is tested and should be operational.

Notes:

1. Regarding "Stop" action I have a reply from Bond:

2. Brightness scrollbar for devices which support increments of 10% may not work (because it has increment 1%). Need better solution.

3. Timer and Breeze actions still need to be implemented.

4. And Fireplaces devices too..
              So, there is a definite need for "stop" to be implemented in HomeSeer. If one clicks on StartDecreasingBrightness or StartIncreasingBrightness button, it continues doing something and all controls do not work.

"Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                alexbk66 With each new beta of this plugin, is it required to delete all existing devices and root before updating the plugin? What is the correct process to update?
                In BETA I was sometimes changing internal implementation significantly, so it was safer to start from scratch. Now it's released, so just upgrade as usual.

And please further questions in https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/wi...-bond-alexbk66

Comment

So, there is a definite need for "stop" to be implemented in HomeSeer. If one clicks on StartDecreasingBrightness or StartIncreasingBrightness button, it continues doing something and all controls do not work.
                  Is it you observation or a guess? The "Stop" is there anyways - in the root device.

And please further questions in https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/wi...-bond-alexbk66

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Is it you observation or a guess? The "Stop" is there anyways - in the root device.

Okay. Further questions will be posted at the provided link. However, the answer to your question: "Stop" in the root device works, so all is good.
                    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Okay. Further questions will be posted at the provided link. However, the answer to your question: "Stop" in the root device works, so all is good.
                      Only problem - in HS4 having controls in root device is not allowed (why???).

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/wi...ig-screenshots

Comment

Working...
                        X