Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any interest in a plugin for Bond Ceiling Fan controller if I write one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by Sireone View Post

Cool. How's it coming along?
    Been dealing with too much work and then sick kids, then subsequently, sick self...LOL. I'm planning on getting on it this weekend. I have the bond set up and 1 fan controller so I can test locally.

Leave a comment:

• Sireone
    replied
    Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    I got my bond in. I have yet to start the plugin but will this weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Cool. How's it coming along?

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    I got my bond in. I have yet to start the plugin but will this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• bmsmithvb
    replied
    I received my Bond yesterday and used it on a fan which already had a remote control installed. It.. works... but I could not get it to work very well. For example, I could not get it to set the feed to low or medium, just high or off.

Did your BOND arrive?

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Amazon cancelled my first order. I had to reorder it. It will be here today I think ๐Ÿ˜

Leave a comment:

• bmsmithvb
    replied
    This is great news! I'd love to get this working.

Leave a comment:

• cloomis
    replied
    This is awesome to hear. I would love to see a plug-in for the bond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    Yup.

My bond will be here soon. I ordered it today.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    API is here: http://docs-local.appbond.com/

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    They released the API finally. I have to buy a BOND and then I can start.

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

ARGH!!!! I wish you lived closer....LOL. I could really use one for testing I'm likely going to buy one, but now hearing all this I'm going to wait until I know the API is released.
    Just thought I would check in since itโ€™s been about a month since Bond told you they would be releasing it shortly, have you heard anything from them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• D14
    replied
    Yes!
    I can test if you need testers.

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
    Yeah I posted on their forums ~9 months ago about this. I gave up waiting and switched to RFXCOM which works beautifully and can control a whole lot of other devices to boot.

I have an unused Bond sitting around the house now, so I can test things for you. I'd offer to mail it to you but I live on the other side of the planet and postage is insane.
    ARGH!!!! I wish you lived closer....LOL. I could really use one for testing I'm likely going to buy one, but now hearing all this I'm going to wait until I know the API is released.

Leave a comment:

• Fellhahn
    replied
    Yeah I posted on their forums ~9 months ago about this. I gave up waiting and switched to RFXCOM which works beautifully and can control a whole lot of other devices to boot.

I have an unused Bond sitting around the house now, so I can test things for you. I'd offer to mail it to you but I live on the other side of the planet and postage is insane.

Leave a comment:

• drhtmal
    replied
    Bomd posted this on their twitter feed on Feb 12, 2019 to add to a request that was made in Feb of 2018 about an API.

its in the pipeline but timeline is not yet available. Sorry i know a lot of people are excited for it to be implemented. We will let you guys know as soon as its ready to be released. email us at customerservice@olibra.io for other inquiries

At this point I will not be holding my breath. I hope they do release an API, but based on all the BS they have been spewing for the last several years I doubt a local API that does not require some sort of cloud connection with their cloud servers will ever happen.

Bond is not all that complicated of a device. One could probably use an SDR to capture the signals and then retransmit them.

Here is an instructables on someone doing it.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Rev...oller-for-IoT/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X