Whistle Plug-in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistle Plug-in?

was just thinking a useful plugin would be some kind of whistle integration. the one for pets. e.g. if my homeseer could tell whether my pets were home or not that'd be pretty useful in some of my events.

Yes I would like this as well. Brought it up a few months ago here on the forum but didn't get any traction, and unfortunately I don't have the skills to make it happen.

I've contacted Whistle every few months for the past 18 or so, asking about possibility of a public API (there isn't one). At first they said they would put it on their feature request list and discuss with their engineers. Most recently they responded that they don't plan to make one available. So a PI will have to be unofficial and subject to Whistle changing things unannounced and breaking the PI, and the PI developer left to scramble and repair. Of course, this is the case with quite a few existing PIs so it certainly can work. Also, Whistle doesn't have a web app--only android and iphone. I don't know exactly what that does to the reverse engineering process, but I could take a guess.

Hopefully someone with the proper skill set will take an interest.

-Wade
    -Wade

Comment

if I remember correctly, whistle connects via wifi. If thats true you should be able to monitor for it's presence on your lan

Comment

It connects via wifi when in range but otherwise by 3g. It connects directly to the phone app via bluetooth to upload data when it can--supposedly to conserve battery.

It's not the typical use, but I have one on my indoor/outdoor cat. He spends a lot of time well out of wifi range.
        -Wade

Comment

apparently there are some unofficial api's out there..

Comment

Love Whistle. A plug in would be great.
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I would be interested as well.

There are a few integrations available with IFTTT https://ifttt.com/whistle, but not that many.

Does Whistle broadcast as an iBeacon? The app knows when you are nearby. I didn't know if it was always broadcasting or only if you were paired to it. Might be another option if you are just trying to determine if your dog is in the house or not.

Comment

Working...
              X