Suggestion ► Home-assistant WS plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
    It comes down to a particular component or item that you want a plugin for then?
    yeah ...like you said :P

Comment

Websocket is just a low level hook to communicate over IP. JowiHue uses websocket to get event notifications from Dconz for zigbee. Just having a websocket conduit does not mean that zigbee can now be supported via Big5 or any other plugin. The advantage of an application-specific plugin is that it brings the application context to the user. Without the application context the “programming” to support the application remains with the user rather than the plugin developer.

A similar analogy is with a serial interface. Serial can be RS232 or it can be byte by byte communications over IP. It can also be emulation of the physical interface over IP with something like a virtual port or port redirector. No matter what the lower level mechanism may be, the real value of a plugin is to interpret what the byte content means and present this in a user-friendly way to the HS user.

Comment

Big 5 is a tool. It remains to the user to create any ''value/meaning etc'' out of it.. That's true and it will always be true!

If you take mqtt. Receiving payload, In string format without the vs pair mechanism is irreverent for hs3 event engine.

In big 5, analog to vspair process: you can create events depending of the string value received . ex : if ''stop'' is received, set virtual device to 0; if play is received, set virtual device to 1 etc.

Can't say which one is faster. But it works. And the meaning is there . ( at least for me) .

This is how i know what status is my MPC_bE app on windows. And since the xml file does not send anything when MPC-be is close on the remote pc, then i had to rely on something else.

So, When the process MPCBE close.(witch I monitor another way).. there is an http get command sent to the hs3 device in Homeseer , which set the mpcbe status device to stop mode. So every time I start the app, the app start from stop, and then goes to ''play'' . Without this http get command, the status of this hs3 device would (many times) already be in ''play' mode when the remote mpc-be switch into play mode ( so nothing would happen ).

I had a need to monitor this app, in a functional way. AND I do not think someone would have made a plugin for such a thing.

In résumé, I had to use nodered ( and xml to json parser) , mqtt, , and http.

Now , make a 10$ plugin for this app, and I will buy it

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          Websocket is just a low level hook to communicate over IP. JowiHue uses websocket to get event notifications from Dconz for zigbee. Just having a websocket conduit does not mean that zigbee can now be supported via Big5 or any other plugin. The advantage of an application-specific plugin is that it brings the application context to the user. Without the application context the “programming” to support the application remains with the user rather than the plugin developer.

yes Jowihue is a really well made plugin. I love it.
          That's why I did not follow the zigbee2mqtt route. To many variables to take into account. Just take the hue and sat values, and the scenes... I am not there at all..

Comment

Working...
          X