Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I copy an event/action correctly? (uid and evRef unchanged from origin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I copy an event/action correctly? (uid and evRef unchanged from origin)

When I copy an event/trigger how do I get all the data correctly placed with the new UID and evRef?
    I can see that I have all the correct variables for the event/action, but the original UID and evRef are kept. Is there something special I can do to change the UID and evRef to the correct numbers?
    Are UID always 4 digits?

Anyone?
    My problem is that if I copy an event the underlying action/event seems to get filled Classes.Action/Classes.trigger/HSCollection with wrong UID and evRef. It seems like changes done to the copied action/event gets a new dictionary key and I have a lot of happenings where the wrong edited contents get shown to the user.
    How have developers solved this? Would anyone be so kind to share?

Comment

Maybe I am just overcomplicating things due to all example applications store the Classes.action/Classes.trigger with the complete key when doing a (Action/Trigger)ProcessPostUI. I guess in my next project I will strip away everything that is not my chosen key name (so I go from receiverOptions_8656_82_A2 to receiverOptions) in the object stored in HomeSeer.

Comment

Working...
      X