Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Device layout to display properly in HS Mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device layout to display properly in HS Mobile?

Can anybody please explain is it even possible to control how my devices are displayed in HS Mobile? It picks what to display and I don't see if I can change it.
    In my plugin I have devices - (1) State (root), (2) Set temperature, (3) Current temperature:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Heatmiser1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.3 KB ID:	1343698

So HS Mobile shows the State and Set Temperature (instead of the actual temperature).
    Obviously, I want to see the current temperature here. But still be able to change the setpoint.
    Also, I can't change the state here, neither I can change the setpoint:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_HomeSeer_Mobile_20191201-165307.png Views:	0 Size:	269.3 KB ID:	1343695 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_HomeSeer_Mobile_20191201-165311.png Views:	0 Size:	247.2 KB ID:	1343696

Anybody? rjh ?

Comment

I do not believe you can change the order in the Devices screen. In the Dashboard you apparently can but perhaps you need to have the paid subscription MyHS account. Under the hamburger menu is a Manage Dashboard Order option. Also, long pressing an icon floats it as if I'm moving it but it does not hold the new position. I do not have a subscription so I am speculating this is what is needed.

Karl S
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
      Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Apparently, for Z-Wave thermostats it works fine, can anybody post here the screenshots for HS devices in deviceutility page for Z-Wave thermostats? And HS Mobile screenshots too.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
          Apparently, for Z-Wave thermostats it works fine, can anybody post here the screenshots for HS devices in deviceutility page for Z-Wave thermostats? And HS Mobile screenshots too.
          not sure what your exactly looking for...

fwiw - I don't use any screens anymore. Heck.. I use google home to control the thermostat.. just Ok Google, set thermostat to heat.. or ok google, set thermostat to 70 degrees

Click image for larger version

Name:	therm1.png
Views:	419
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1343924Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191202-081020_HomeSeer Mobile.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1343925

Name:	Screenshot_20191202-081103_HomeSeer Mobile.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1343926

Name:	Screenshot_20191202-081046_HomeSeer Mobile.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1343927
          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Thank you @TeleFragger, that's I'm looking for. I suspect that HSMobile desides what to display based on the devices setup in the first screenshot. You see - in your HSMobile screenshots you have multiple controls, bot for my plugin - only one.

Would be nice to have some input form HST, rjh ?

Personally I'm using Google for everything now too, HS user interface is a pain. But I have users of my plugin who need this.

Comment

HSMobile and HS4 use the device types to determine what and where to display children. Do you need the device types we are looking for?

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
              Thank you @TeleFragger, that's I'm looking for. I suspect that HSMobile desides what to display based on the devices setup in the first screenshot. You see - in your HSMobile screenshots you have multiple controls, bot for my plugin - only one.

Would be nice to have some input form HST, rjh ?

Personally I'm using Google for everything now too, HS user interface is a pain. But I have users of my plugin who need this.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                HSMobile and HS4 use the device types to determine what and where to display children. Do you need the device types we are looking for?
                Sure Rich, I need to know how to make my thermostat devices show in HSMobile, like @TeleFragger screenshots. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  HSMobile and HS4 use the device types to determine what and where to display children.
                  Do you need the device types we are looking for?
                  Yes, please rjh

Comment

rjh ?

Comment

rjh ?

Comment

Alex, this message board is setup for community support. The system setup by HST for customized support is via https://shop.homeseer.com/pages/product-support or through the paid support mechanism. HST has encouraged communications via the Private threads for HS4 development and there is hit and miss opportunities there.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                          Alex, this message board is setup for community support. The system setup by HST for customized support is via https://shop.homeseer.com/pages/product-support or through the paid support mechanism. HST has encouraged communications via the Private threads for HS4 development and there is hit and miss opportunities there.
                          I know, but there's even less support...

Rich offered his help 3rd Dec, but no more replies:

Do you need the device types we are looking for?

Comment

Guys, I think you are looking at the developers like some guys begging for help? I'm looking at this differently - it is the service I pay for - and pay good money - last month I paid HST $300 (30% cut from my sales).

I think $300 p/m is pretty good money to expect some support from rjh ?

Comment

It's funny - when I ask questions using the link you provided - the reply I always get - "Did you try the forums?"

You know - the lack of developers support from HST is really pissing me off. Do I have to remind that without 3rd party plugins HS is nothing?

Comment

Working...
                              X