Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I down load the third party plugin I just bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I down load the third party plugin I just bought?

I just bought the Greg Dempster (?) and got all the codes. Now I want to download, particularly docs.
    Where is the download site for this?

Go to plugins --> Manage

On the manage page go to additional interfaces and select. You will then be able to select by type and finally select the plug-in. It will place it under the pending installs where you can install it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Hayman View Post
      I just bought the Greg Dempster (?) and got all the codes. Now I want to download, particularly docs.
      Where is the download site for this?
      It is in the plug-in manager. Go to PLUG-INS>Manage. Then go to the bottom and expand Additional Interfaces. Then look in the beta section for 10.0.0.166 and install it. The release version is 1.0.0.131under Analog and Digital, but the beta is ready for release and addresses a number of connection and OneWire issues.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Perhaps I did not make it clear. I do not have access to a running HS3. I am just doing software devt in a office and need docs only really.

Comment

How will you use a HS3 plugin without running HS3? If the plugin delivers documentation it's typically downloaded with the plugin.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The manual is linked in this post but the link appears dead so hopefully one of the users of the plugin has it or the plugin author can provide a link.
            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/an...arduino-plugin
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

First I need to read the plugin manual. Then I have to write code to run in the Arduino, burn it and test it as far as I can as a standalone. I have to know the required interface between plugin and target. Then I will take the Arduino to a running HS3 , I have two and test it with the new hardware.

So the prerequisite to all that is documentation and the link to that is broken, as I tied too.

Perhaps I should try to contact the code author. I'll have to see if this forum lets me do that.

I am a Nubi and it takes time to wade through a forum's methods.

Comment

Here you go. This is the Help file for the most recent beta 1.0.0.166
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Hayman View Post
                  First I need to read the plugin manual. Then I have to write code to run in the Arduino, burn it and test it as far as I can as a standalone. I have to know the required interface between plugin and target. Then I will take the Arduino to a running HS3 , I have two and test it with the new hardware.

So the prerequisite to all that is documentation and the link to that is broken, as I tied too.

Perhaps I should try to contact the code author. I'll have to see if this forum lets me do that.

I am a Nubi and it takes time to wade through a forum's methods.
                  The plug-in handles everything for you. It will create the connection to the board, the HomeSeer Devices and will build the sketch. There are two types of sketches, the .ino sketch which is hands off. It handles everything, you just create and edit devices on the config page and the plug-in will create them in HomeSeer.

The other sketch is an .api sketch. This will connect the board with HomeSeer, but you create your own code and insert it in the boilerplate sketch the plug-in creates.

The plug-in uses a handful of special libraries, which can also be downloaded from the configuration page. Here is a typical Arduino .ino configuration.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture13.png Views:	0 Size:	364.1 KB ID:	1350156

You set up the IP address and create the devices. The plug-in handles the rest.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture14.png Views:	0 Size:	122.0 KB ID:	1350155

For now the plug-in supports both ino and api sketches for Arduino (mega or Uno) or the NodeMCU boards.

Comment

If you are writing Arduino code, I suggest you use the MQTT library and subscribe to and post MQTT topics. Then your Arduino can work with HomeSeer or other programs which can subscribe to MQTT topics. Note that this still requires a plugin for HomeSeer but it does make your device more generic. As I recall from testing the Arduino plugin it controls pins on the unit.
                    Karl S
                    HS4Pro on Windows 10
                    1070 Devices
                    56 Z-Wave Nodes
                    104 Events
                    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

@rprade
                      Thanks for your help, I will get to in the next few days.
                      Tomorrow is my Birthday party, so I won't be looking too soon.

@ksum
                      I have MQTT on my list of reading.

I will be studying the latest MQTT specs.

With MQTT, would it be 'normal' to run the MQTT server beside HS3? Certainly not Cloud.

Years ago, my company used something quite similar to MQTT, for medium sized TDMA satellite sensor networks. We used the software in a data acquisition system with Ku-band transceivers which we designed from scratch. That software is still running today.

I also expect to write a plugin for SmartThings and others, too. I have looked at their docs.

Now I am just having retired fun playing with my EE Grandchildren.

I think I see a market niche for our gizmos and we might do a family mail order thing. Got to see how much commitment they might have!

I'll continue my fun anyway!

Comment

Most run an MQTT Broker such as Mosquitto but the newest version of the mcsMQTT plugin has a built in broker. This is not something I believe you normally see as every article I have ever seen to MQTT mentions a separate broker.

I also have an app on my phone called MQTT Snooper which I use to watch for and test my published Topics/Payloads. In addition I have a phone app which makes simple interfaces so I can send and receive them for testing.

Many of the home automation systems have some way of Subscribing to and Publishing MQTT topics so if you use that there would be no need for plugins.

Of course there is the recently announced IP group where Zigbee, Google, Amazon, and a few others are trying to come up with a standard. I have seen arguments suggesting it may be based on Thread it possible one of the other protocols used by one of the involved parties, but I believe MQTT will stick around.
                        Karl S
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        1070 Devices
                        56 Z-Wave Nodes
                        104 Events
                        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
                        X