No announcement yet.

Plugin Idea - interface to communicate to node-red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NR would be a killer feature, no doubt about that.

I did not say the event engine sucks, it's just that using NR is far more flexible and powerfull. Also i like the visual feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
      NR would be a killer feature, no doubt about that.

I did not say the event engine sucks, it's just that using NR is far more flexible and powerfull. Also i like the visual feedback.
      +1

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

+1
        I have added a Feature Request, see https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...ed#post1353218

---
        John

Comment

Haha I was going to do the same . Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
            Haha I was going to do the same . Thanks !
            No thanks.

---
            John

Comment

I mentioned it also before in the forum for SDK developers. Apparently they never heard of NodeRed before ...
              Kinda makes me wonder :-(

• MQTT: yes, Michael has done a great job with his plugin (thx Michael - you got me hooked on MQTT!), but this should be CORE functionality. It has a lot of traction in the IoT market (e.g. Shelly, Tasmota, BlueIris, ...)
              • NodeRed: the HS event engine is rock solid, but it is not advanced. Creating advanced automations (if/else anyone) takes multiple automations. NodeRed would greatly reduce the step for not so savy people to create really advanced automations. These automations can also easily be shared on the forum (export JSON)
              • (plain text file configuration) --> version control !!
              • customization of the UI (ala HomeAssistant - don't shoot me :-) )

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                I mentioned it also before in the forum for SDK developers. Apparently they never heard of NodeRed before ...
                Kinda makes me wonder :-(

I was familiar with it, but I have only recently investigated the potential of Node_RED. A whole world of home automation opens up for you. And I can do projects that I have postponed until now because of the effort required and the fact that I can do enough other projects.

---
                John

Comment

Working...
                X