Plugin Idea - interface to communicate to node-red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Idea - interface to communicate to node-red

Something like this would be very nice !!

https://community.home-assistant.io/...ebsocket/71032

but for hs3 side .

I would pay big for a plugin like this .

The plugin would be written in javascript... etc and would be available from node red repo.

but the interface from hs would be able to activate the plugin :ex. When the plugin is activated on hs3 side... then generate a code to activate the npm package on nodered side. Anyway... the method of activation would be up to the plugin author.

If this can be done on HA. This surely can be done here!

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

but for hs3 side .

The plugin would be written in javascript... etc and would be available from node red repo.

but the interface from hs would be able to activate the plugin :ex. When the plugin is activated on hs3 side... then generate a code to activate the npm package on nodered side. Anyway... the method of activation would be up to the plugin author.

+1

—-
    John

Comment

but for hs3 side .

Matt, what functionality do you want this plugin to have? What are the requirements?

Yeah, the implementation details are for developers.

Comment

This should not be a (3rd party) plugin. It should have been included by HS. All serious players in the HA sphere support NodeRed. It is an absolute must have. I am really surprised it is not even on their roadmap TBH

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Matt, what functionality do you want this plugin to have? What are the requirements?

Yeah, the implementation details are for developers.
          open hs3 to nodered flows as HA does.

using mqtt or http is just very long to implement ( this is what i do now)

The implementation from ha seems to be good.

Comment

open hs3 to nodered flows as HA does.

using mqtt or http is just very long to implement ( this is what i do now)

The implementation from ha seems to be good.
            So you mean the event engine will be Node-RED but HS will just provide access to the hardware?

What exactly do you do now (using mqtt or http)?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

So you mean the event engine will be Node-RED but HS will just provide access to the hardware?

What exactly do you do now (using mqtt or http)?
              Some transformation of data are easier to do with node red. + you get the benefit of being easily able to open hs3-hs4 to the rest of the iot world with node red.
              If a node red package interest me... it'll be then easy to talk to it .

mmm for now..

here are some pictures of my flows.

It is hard to answer because the possibilities are endless.

Attached Files

Comment

Yes, move the complete event processing to NodeRed to greatly simplify your events.

Below is the statemachine I use to determine which lighting profile should be activated.
                It is based on:
                • time of day/week/holidays (3 separate timers combined with boolean logic)
                • Presence (state of my alarm panel)
                • If i am asleep or not
                • Holidaymode
                If you want to do this with regular HS events, you will need many. Or you can do it in scripting, but I never got around learning the VB script.

This is waaaaaaaaay more powerful than any available event engine.

A Click image for larger version  Name:	lighting.png Views:	0 Size:	223.5 KB ID:	1353197
                Attached Files

Comment

Another flow I made for fun , when i was more into mqtt. To talk to a nut server.

The second picture is node red on my living room windows pc. I monitor locally the mpc-be program with it.

I also send command ( with the exec node) to my windows pc ( from my hs3 linux pc) on the third picture. : ex turn on youtube on chrome . Turn of mpcbe, etc.

Attached Files

Comment

TBH, MQTT should be a core part of the product. All IoT devices support it. We should not have to rely on the awesome plugin of Michael

Comment

here are some pictures of my flows. It is hard to answer because the possibilities are endless.
                      I don't mean what events/actions you are doing. I mean - do you use NodeRED with HS? And how?

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                        Yes, move the complete event processing to NodeRed to greatly simplify your events.

Below is the statemachine I use to determine which lighting profile should be activated.
                        It is based on:
                        • time of day/week/holidays (3 separate timers combined with boolean logic)
                        • Presence (state of my alarm panel)
                        • If i am asleep or not
                        • Holidaymode
                        If you want to do this with regular HS events, you will need many. Or you can do it in scripting, but I never got around learning the VB script.

This is waaaaaaaaay more powerful than any available event engine.
                        That's why I started AKSmartDevice plugin. But it's still a lot of work to bring it to this level.

Comment

Here i use mqtt in command line in an hs3 action.

ex of hs3 action: open this program: ( bash script)

i could make this simple by using the prameter line directly in hs3 . But didn’t check how to do this

GNU nano 4.3 WolTourSalon.sh

#!/bin/sh
                          #

mosquitto_pub -h 127.0.0.1 -t Wol/wol -m 'Xx:xx:xx:xx:xx’

Comment

Publish the devices i need via MQTT with the plugin of Michael. Use NR via MQTT.

TBH, it is quite a lot of work. That is why most of the devices I use for events are currently in HomeAssistant. Saves me a lot of time.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                              Publish the devices i need via MQTT with the plugin of Michael. Use NR via MQTT.

TBH, it is quite a lot of work. That is why most of the devices I use for events are currently in HomeAssistant. Saves me a lot of time.
                              Yeah, HS "event engine" sucks - but HST are so proud of it

I guess I have to keep working on my Smart Device plugin. May be add some smarter event engine internally, even add NR connection

Comment

Working...
                              X