ESPHome Beta (HS4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPHome Beta (HS4)

Please find attached the first beta version of the ESPHome plugin for HS4.

Currently it supports
    • Sensors
    • Binary sensors
    • Switches
    • Covers
    They all need zero configuration in HS (except for MQTT broker settings ofcourse).

You need to add this to your ESPHome configuration file (make sure you remove the api section !):
    Code:
    mqtt:
      broker: <broker ip address>
      discovery: true
      username: <username>
      password: <password>
    updater_override.json still does not work on Linux ...

Please note that layout and internal structure might still change.

Click image for larger version  Name:	esphome.png Views:	0 Size:	223.1 KB ID:	1357114

What is the updater_override.json.txt file for?

I have never installed a PI manually so I am not sure what to do with it.

Comment

remove the .txt (can't post json on forum ..), puth both in your hs4 folder. Then go to the plugin page.

Comment

Will HS4 plugins run on HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by MStan View Post
          Will HS4 plugins run on HS3?
          No :-/

Comment

Tried to install but got this error. The zip file is in the /usr/local/HomeSeer/Uptates4/Zips directory. Running on Ubuntu

Click image for larger version  Name:	esphome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.1 KB ID:	1357144

Comment

it needs to be in the root of your HS installation i believe.
              If that doesn't work, the backup plan is to copy the files manually :-/

Comment

I had it in the root HS directory the fist time it failed. I moved it to Updates4/Zips and it still failed.

Comment

Only tried the package on windows ...

Comment

Were you planning a Linux version?

Here are the errors I can find when I start HomeSeer with ./go

03:45:35:4827:[Error]->Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_ESPHome.exe: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

Could not load file or assembly 'MQTTnet, Version=3.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b69712f52770c0a7' or one of its dependencies.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_ESPHome.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'MQTTnet, Version=3.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b69712f52770c0a7' or one of its dependencies.

Can't find custom attr constructor image: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Scheduler.dll mtoken: 0x0a0000bb due to: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies.

Comment

yes, it should work on linux ...
                      Did you put the DLL's in bin/ESPHome ?

What happens if you change the backward slashes in the paths with forward slashes in HSPI_ESPHome.exe.config?

Code:
                                  <probing privatePath="bin\ESPHome;bin\homeseer"/>

Comment

That fixed it!!!

Thanks!!!

Comment

I am not a plugin developer (yet.)

Is using the correct slash for things like the path something that can or should be taken care of in the plugin?

Comment

Can you please clarify - what exactly does the plugin do? If I still need to install and configure MQTT broker - then I can use other (existing) MQTT plugins instead?

Comment

kriz83 Will I be able to use the ESPHome dashboard to create the YAML config files to configure a device such as a WIMO D1 and then have HomeSeer read those same YAML config files to create the devices in HomeSeer?

Comment

Working...
                              X