ESPHome Beta (HS4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
    Yes, that is because your discovery messages are retained on your broker. If you then start the plugin, it will re-receive it and add it again.
    Only way to prevent it, is to not retain the discovery messages.

You can delete the retained messages on the broker too.
    Thank you for the quick answer.

I will not claim to be an MQTT or plug in developer expert, but is there some way this can be build into your plugin? The potential for new users to be confused by this seems high.

Is there some sort of hook into the delete function that can be used to send a notification to the broker to delete the retained messages?

Comment

Can you try this:
      Code:
      mosquitto_pub -h [B][I]hostname[/I][/B] -t [B][I]homeassistant/#[/I][/B] -n -r -d
      Not sure if it works, not at home right now.

I could delete the retained message in the plugin after it got added. Is that what you're after ?

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
        Can you try this:
        Code:
        mosquitto_pub -h [B][I]hostname[/I][/B] -t [B][I]homeassistant/#[/I][/B] -n -r -d
        Not sure if it works, not at home right now.

I could delete the retained message in the plugin after it got added. Is that what you're after ?
        I tried the following. At this point the devices is not on the network.

Code:
         mosquitto_pub -h localhost -u mosquitto -P mosquitto -t homeassistant/# -n -r -d
        Error: Invalid publish topic 'homeassistant/#', does it contain '+' or '#'?
        I guess what I am after is to have the plug in as easy to use as possible.

Comment

Then you have to delete the specific topic, apparently a wildcard does not work.
          If you subscribe to #. you will receive the topic. That is the topic you should delete.

See this link

Comment

I've nearly finished my the support of the 'cover' component. Will post a new release tonight.

Comment

I used a program called MQTT Explorer http://mqtt-explorer.com/ to find the messages for the components and deleted them. Now the deleted devices are not rediscovered.

ESPHome has a parameter to take care of discovery messages.
              discovery_retain (Optional, boolean): Whether to retain MQTT discovery messages so that entities are added automatically on Home Assistant restart. Defaults to True.

Looking forward to the enhancements. I hope other forum members find ESPHome useful.

Comment

New version posted, supports cover.

REMOVE ALL PREVIOUSLY CREATED DEVICES !

drhtmal Override the exe and config file manually. HST still hasn't fixed the bug in the SDK that prevents the override file from working ...

Comment

Continue here in separate subforum

Comment

Another plugin from me

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plugin-no-mqtt

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	23.0 KB ID:	1649874

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	145.5 KB ID:	1649875

Comment

Working...
                    X