Everything coming up errors in VB Studio 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex,

Thanks again, there is something to be said about being stubborn and staying up until 4am last night. Found out that with the new VS 2019 and 2022 on the MAC, VB.NET is not really the preferred way to go. But, Eureka! VB Studio and C# works like a dream. Considering that come from an Objective-C background, yes, wrote and I also own an iOS development company, C# was a head-slapping DUHHHHH!!! M$ barely even makes mention of VB in Visual Studio 2019 and 2022 which is what was stumping me even in my searches.

I've already started refactoring a lot of what I did in VB to C#, it's actually easier to code in my way of thinking. And on top of it, I've been able to just about wholesale lift a lot of my, and my groups, classes and just remote the NSGunk and have new helper classes and methods.

Sorry for the runaround, but you are right, it looks like VB.NET in VS 2019 for the MAC knows nothing about framework 4.5.

So now to divine the documentation and figure out the proper C# calls for HS.

Really appreciate your help and kind patience.

George

Comment

BTW, I know HS uses 4.5, but it look like 4.8 is the latest. Does it matter if I install 4.8? I surmise that 4.5 is a subset of 4.8?
      g

Comment

I changed all my plugins to 4.8.
        Each new version of .NET Framework adds new features but retains features from previous versions
        From https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...d-dependencies

Comment

Working...
        X