X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Setup version 2.99.0.3

Here is version 2.99.0.3 of the HS application:

You can simply run this installer to update an existing HS3 installation.

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...3_2_99_0_3.exe

* This release is for developing plugins, other functions in HomeSeer are not fully tested and will most likely have issues. The UI is not complete. Some features are disabled in this version.
    * Only enable one plugin at a time (the device properties will not display properly if more than one is enabled)

Changes:

Version 2.99.0.3

* Fixed status page now displays proper status when using hs.SetDeviceString

Version 2.99.0.2

* No code changes, the installer has changed to include the install for the SQLite files and Visual C++ files

Version 2.99.0.1

* HSEvents are working when using hs.RegisterEventCB
    * Some "hs." functions had parameters set to "ByRef", this caused an error and all have been changed to "ByVal"

Version 2.99.0.0

* Search functions in the plugin are not complete
    * The HSEvent callbacks in plugins are not working
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

HS3 is installed. It is very stripped down.

I am trying to get the sample plugin running. The sample will not build because the search is missing, so I commented out the function but it still complains

Class 'HSPI' must implement 'Function Search(SearchString As String, RegEx As Boolean) As SearchReturn()' for interface 'HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI'.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

OK figured it out.
      The search function in the sample plugin was not correct with what was expected.

Here is the original function:

Code:
          Public Function Search(ByVal SearchString As String, ByVal RegEx As Boolean) As HomeSeerAPI.Pair() Implements IPlugInAPI.Search
              ' Not yet implemented in the Sample
              '
              ' Normally we would do a search on plug-in actions, triggers, devices, etc. for the string provided, using
              '   the string as a regular expression if RegEx is True.
              '
              Return Nothing
          End Function
      Here is the new one:

Code:
          Public Function Search(ByVal SearchString As String, ByVal RegEx As Boolean) As SearchReturn() Implements IPlugInAPI.Search
              '
              ' Normally we would do a search on plug-in actions, triggers, devices, etc. for the string provided, using
              '
              Return Nothing
          End Function
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

[UPDATE 11/18/12 The installer has been updated to include the required files]

For info...

If you run this beta on a non dev PC, you may need the download and install the following:

SQLite VS2010 NET4

Visual C 2010 redistribution
        Jon

Comment

Bob,

Sorry about that - I updated the sample plug-in, but Rich must not have updated it in the distribution. Thanks for posting the correct prototype.

Rick

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          OK figured it out.
          The search function in the sample plugin was not correct with what was expected.

Here is the original function:

Code:
              Public Function Search(ByVal SearchString As String, ByVal RegEx As Boolean) As HomeSeerAPI.Pair() Implements IPlugInAPI.Search
                  '
                  '
                  Return Nothing
              End Function
          Here is the new one:

Code:
              Public Function Search(ByVal SearchString As String, ByVal RegEx As Boolean) As SearchReturn() Implements IPlugInAPI.Search
                  '
                  '
                  Return Nothing
              End Function
          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            For info...

If you run this beta on a non dev PC, you may need the download and install the following:

SQLite VS2010 NET4

Visual C 2010 redistribution
            What issue did you run into without these? You should not need SQLite3 for VS at all, the VC redist I am not sure about. What did you run into though that made you have to install them - that is a bug for the installer that we need to fix.
            Regards,

Comment

I posted an update to the sample plugin (1.0.0.1) that fixes the compile errors.

Comment

Not a problem Rick. Took me a few minutes to figure it out.
                I think Rich is going to talk to you about getting some event calls in the API.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Very nice guys.

What did you run into though that made you have to install them - that is a bug for the installer that we need to fix.
                  Installer never installed or asked to install SQLite or VisualC2010

I saw an error when I ran HS the first time before installing these two.
                  Attached Files
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

@Pete...ran into same error myself so ^^bump^^

Comment

SQLite's installation dependancy is MS VC 2010; otherwise it will not install.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        SQLite's installation dependancy is MS VC 2010; otherwise it will not install.
                        OK - I need to see if I can find an SQLite3 DLL that is standalone because I *suspect* that the VC requirement is for the UI elements provided in the features it brings to Visual Studio. Then again for debugging purposes that might be handy, so I guess we should just add VC!
                        Regards,

Comment

I fixed the installer so it installs the required files. Run the 2.99.0.2 or later installer and it should run ok.

Comment

When installing SQLite, should we use the default setting of:
                            1) Generate native images for the assemblies and install in the native image cache

Or also include:
                            2) Install the assemblies into the GAC / Install the designer components for VS2012
                            Best regards,
                            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Use the 2.99.0.2 installer I posted today, it installs all the proper files.

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
                              When installing SQLite, should we use the default setting of:
                              1) Generate native images for the assemblies and install in the native image cache

Or also include:
                              2) Install the assemblies into the GAC / Install the designer components for VS2012

Comment

Working...
                              X