No announcement yet.

X10 Plugin does not load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you would install it as a plugin to the HS3 beta.
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

i deleted a former version because it gave load errors

Comment

As noted on the 4th, the loading issue should be resolved. Reinstalling should give you the latest build.
        Wade

Comment

Thanks Wade! FYI, updater is still showing v1.0.0.0 - is this correct or is the new file not up yet? (EDIT) Hmmm, just tried to update the plugin from the updater and got this in the log (HS v2.99.0.3):
          12/12/2012 6:05:52 PM - Plug-In - Shutting down Plug-In: X10
          12/12/2012 6:09:59 PM - Updater - Starting download of updates
          12/12/2012 6:09:59 PM - Updater - Downloading update: X10 CM11A/TI103
          12/12/2012 6:10:00 PM - Updater - Error downloading file: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
          Also, just a note that you will want to review the description of the plugin that is shown in the updater as it is the HS2 plugin text for a CM11A with no mention about the Ti103:
          Description:
          Plug-in for the X-10 CM11A or equivalent models.

The CM11A provides a serial (RS-232) connection to the PC and is a fully two-way X-10 interface for HomeSeer.

Downloading of scheduled X-10 events is NOT supported by the plug-in or HomeSeer.

This plug-in is only compatible with HomeSeer 2.1 or greater.
          Last edited by mfisher; December 12, 2012, 09:21 PM.
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

This should be all set. I've updated the file to 1.0.0.2, and tested on my virtual box to be sure it works on a clean machine.
            Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
              That would be what you called the Main Device tab..., The title of the tab is 'Configuration'. As I noted, they are for legacy scripting. The X10 tab has the drop downs for setting the house and unit code for an X10 plugin device, along with a dropdown to further clarify it's type. (ie: Standard vs Extended)

I will add in the TI103 logging and housecode exclusion in the next build.
              Hi Wade,

I'm still a bit confused here. On the device's X10 tab shown above the user may choose a HC, UC and device type. Then there is also the pull-down "Code" field on the Device Configuration tab which you stated is for legacy scripting only.

So, with the TI103 plug-in, if one wants to turn ON or OFF an X10 device from a script, how do they do it? Does the plug-in expose a scripting interface, and would the user need to use the HC/UC they entered on the X10 tab in order to reference a particular device in the script call?

Also, because there is no correlation between the HC/UC on the X10 tab and the (empty) "Code" field on the device configuration tab, the information is not shown when viewing the list of devices in the Device Management page. This is an inconvenience for the user, no? I'm wondering if in the case of an X10 plug-in, it might be better to actually leverage the "Code" field to hold the HC/UC, rather than storing it in a plug-in specific way?

Thanks,
              Don

Comment

Working...
              X