Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can buttons be displayed in a "structured" way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can buttons be displayed in a "structured" way?

In HS2, when my PI created the buttonstring for a device, the buttons would show up in the same sequence as the string and one could add a Chr(4) character to put the buttons on more then one row.

In the screenshot below, you see all the buttons in HS3 on one long row AND they don't show up in the sequence they were created by the PI.

The second screenshot is how it was in HS2. Also note how the artwork shows up more than 50px, never changed the css for that but this won't show in HS3. Any chance to change the default css for the device page to 200px max?

Dirk
    Attached Files

In the hs.css I limited the status display area to 300px wide by 50px high. Let me know what you need and I can change the default. The 300 wide is just enough that if it was wider it would mess up the page. The max height can certainly by higher. This is a max size and you can use any size less than this.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

To test different sizes in the status area edit hs.css and look for the class named .device_status_box.

Comment

Dirk,

The Chr(4) was setting a flag, but the flag was not checked/honored on the utility page, so I have fixed that - in the next build, the buttons will not all be on the same line. Rich is going to address the image issue.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          In the hs.css I limited the status display area to 300px wide by 50px high. Let me know what you need and I can change the default. The 300 wide is just enough that if it was wider it would mess up the page. The max height can certainly by higher. This is a max size and you can use any size less than this.
          300px high would be enough to work with. My PI allows the user to specify the artwork size but personally I always worked with 200x200 and was very happy with it.
          Thanks
          Dirk

Comment

I set the max to 300x300, the height is not a problem it's really the width that can mess up the page if its more than 300.

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            300px high would be enough to work with. My PI allows the user to specify the artwork size but personally I always worked with 200x200 and was very happy with it.
            Thanks
            Dirk

Comment

I set the max to 300x300, the height is not a problem it's really the width that can mess up the page if its more than 300.
              Excellent. I guess this will be released together with v 2.99.05, correct?

Comment

Yes, it will be in the next update, should post one today.
                Excellent. I guess this will be released together with v 2.99.05, correct?

Comment

Rich thanks for fixing the css!

Did the structure buttons (aka buttons positioned on different lines) made it in?

How about these pesky default status/value icons? They still seem to be there
                  Attached Files

Comment

Dirk,

I see no pesky icons in the picture you posed. The note icon on the far left is for the user to edit the UserNote property on the device.

Yes, the buttons should wrap to the next line after the Chr(4) character is encountered in your button setup (I think it is 4) just as it used to be.
                    Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
                      Dirk,

I see no pesky icons in the picture you posed. The note icon on the far left is for the user to edit the UserNote property on the device.
                      Only posted part of picture, here they are encircled in red
                      Attached Files

Comment

Only posted part of picture, here they are encircled in red
                        We probably won't stop setting default value/status and value/graphic pairs on the devices - leaving the user with a device that has none when they create one from the UI would not be very nice.

However, we did away with the protection feature (as it was anyway) and so you should, as part of your device creation procedure, clear away the default ones before setting your new ones. With that documented (as soon as I publish the fixed help file shortly) you can look under Devices in the scripting documentation, and then device value/status or value/graphic pairs, and you will see the DeviceVSP_Clearxxx and DeviceVGP_Clear functions that you can call to do that.
                        Regards,

Comment

We probably won't stop setting default value/status and value/graphic pairs on the devices - leaving the user with a device that has none when they create one from the UI would not be very nice.

However, we did away with the protection feature (as it was anyway) and so you should, as part of your device creation procedure, clear away the default ones before setting your new ones. With that documented (as soon as I publish the fixed help file shortly) you can look under Devices in the scripting documentation, and then device value/status or value/graphic pairs, and you will see the DeviceVSP_Clearxxx and DeviceVGP_Clear functions that you can call to do that.
                          Gotcha, will try soon, including the chr(4) trick but how do I use that? I'm not creating a buttonstring anymore as it was, just a bunch of pairs which to make things worse (for me) don't show up in the order I created them.

Dirk

Comment

Gotcha, will try soon, including the chr(4) trick but how do I use that? I'm not creating a buttonstring anymore as it was, just a bunch of pairs which to make things worse (for me) don't show up in the order I created them.

Dirk
                            To quote the immortal words of Captain Edwin Smith... "Oooooops!"

There is no control of the button order or layout when you use the value/status pairs, which is part of the reason we kept the button functions in HS3. If you want them in a specific order or to specify a newline with the Chr(4), you have to use the older button string method to set the buttons. It still results in the buttons being added to the CAPIControl list, so they will work as well as value/status pairs, but you will have to use ButtonPress code in your plug-in to detect their usage.

I will bring this up with Rich to figure out if there is a way we can or should arrange the order of multiple types of controls generated by value/status pairs.
                            Regards,

Comment

To quote the immortal words of Captain Edwin Smith... "Oooooops!"
                              As the Flemish will say "Miljaar!!!" and everybody loves the Flemish (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iXvh...e=results_main).

This is quite important to me, for example my DLNA PI supports "remote control" functions for specific TVs. The PI will create a ton of buttons that the end-user can configure whether to show not show, which line which order and has a bunch of logic to put the buttons in the order as specified by the end-user.

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                              X