default status graphic device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

default status graphic device

is there a way to get rid of it without replacing it with your own.

Originally posted by wetlip View Post
    is there a way to get rid of it without replacing it with your own.
    +1

still haven't succeeded in getting rid of these graphic/value pairs .....

Dim ValuePairs As Integer = hs.DeviceVGP_Count(HSRef)
    hs.DeviceVGP_ClearAll(HSRef, True)

ValuePairs returns zero and DeviceVGP_ClearAll doesn't do anything.

Dirk

Comment

is there any update on this
      Attached Files

Comment

You can't just get rid of it, but you can put a transparent image in it's place.
        This code shows just a status of the device value, with no buttons, and no icons.

Dim oPair As VSPair
        Dim oGPair As VGPair

oGPair = New VGPair
        oGPair.PairType = VSVGPairType.Range
        oGPair.RangeStart = 1
        oGPair.RangeEnd = 255
        oGPair.Graphic = "/images/HomeSeer/ui/20-x-20_trans.png"
        hs.DeviceVGP_AddPair(ref, oGPair)

oPair = New VSPair(ePairStatusControl.Status)
        oPair.PairType = VSVGPairType.Range
        oPair.Render = Enums.CAPIControlType.Values
        oPair.RangeStart = 1
        oPair.RangeEnd = 255
        oPair.RangeStatusPrefix = "My Value = "
        hs.DeviceVSP_AddPair(ref, oPair)
        Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
          You can't just get rid of it, but you can put a transparent image in it's place.
          This code shows just a status of the device value, with no buttons, and no icons.
          Wade, thanks for the work around. I do have to comment that it sounds somewhat silly that "you cannot get rid of it", especially after numerous email stating that given the right setting and init sequence it shouldn't be there in the first place.

I'll try this but my recommendation would still be to fix this at the source else you'll have developer after developer asking the same question why these icons appear for no good reason.

When I was testing last week, I also noted that when you use a device to show a numerical value (example player position), now the word DIM and character % are added and once the value go above 100, it shows unknown ( see http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...41#post1058141 with no response to it). So more baked in functions that are causing issues, we should fix all of this at the source and not have all kind of workarounds.

My 2 cents

Dirk

Comment

I second Dirk's comments. No more workarounds.

If we are going to go through all of this, lets do it right!
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

i third that: no workarounds but until then i use this solution thank you Wade.

Comment

I'll let Rick know so he can chime in.

As for the Dim and %, the code I supplied should remove those as well.
                Wade

Comment

My bad.

hs.DeviceVSP_ClearAll(ref, True)
                  hs.DeviceVGP_ClearAll(ref, True)

Doing this prior to adding your value pairs will clear out any default data, including images.
                  Wade

Comment

I posted before that it doesn't work but tried again this morning with version .11.

I even do hs.DeviceVGP_Count(HSRef) which shows zero and the pesky icons still appear, hence my request to look at this because obviously something is wrong as the clear commands don't even seem to work.

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

My bad.

Doing this prior to adding your value pairs will clear out any default data, including images.
                      Is my answer in this post (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=25) ?

"If the device is owned by a plug-in (Interface property is not empty) then HomeSeer will assign default value/status pairs"

So in our case as developers, can we get rid of this yes or no?

Dirk

Comment

It may be something more simple in this case... remember also that if the status text (e.g. "On") matches the name of a graphic file (e.g. On.gif, On.jpg), and in the absence of a graphic pair that matches, HomeSeer will use the graphic that matches.

I also made a change that you guys have not received yet - if there is no graphic matched by status or a graphics pair, then no graphic is displayed rather than that bulls-eye looking custom.gif thing.
                        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

BUT DEFINITELY you need to make sure that the interface property is set BEFORE you clear the VS or VG pairs, otherwise HomeSeer will assign the default ones.
                          Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
                            BUT DEFINITELY you need to make sure that the interface property is set BEFORE you clear the VS or VG pairs, otherwise HomeSeer will assign the default ones.
                            Been doing that from day one, never made a difference.

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
                            It may be something more simple in this case... remember also that if the status text (e.g. "On") matches the name of a graphic file (e.g. On.gif, On.jpg), and in the absence of a graphic pair that matches, HomeSeer will use the graphic that matches.

I'm sure I'm not setting them to "on" or "off", so that's not the reason either. In fact I think not setting them at all leaves the value (I assume) to zero and perhaps the reason why the "Off" status shows after I create all these devices. Having that said (and I'm not at home to try this but I will), I suspect that as soon as I set it to a value which is different from zero or one, suddenly the "DIM" indication shows up. From the posting here (http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...41#post1058141) you can actually see that when I set the devicestring, the lamp icon disappears and now that bullseye icon appears.

I can wait until the next version to see if this is now fixed but I still don't get a warm fuzzy feeling here. Given that each developer needs to rewrite their PIs for HS3, and we are all doing it and the creation of devices is so different, wouldn't this be the right time to get rid of all the default behavior and tie it to a setting on the device itself. What I mean by that, If I like the "on"/"Off" and/or the little lamp icon, or I need to have a dimming device, why not specify it as a setting when I create the device versus trying to "overwrite-by-work-around" all this default behavior. If we don't fix it now, we'll be stuck with it for HS3.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                              I can wait until the next version to see if this is now fixed but I still don't get a warm fuzzy feeling here. Given that each developer needs to rewrite their PIs for HS3, and we are all doing it and the creation of devices is so different, wouldn't this be the right time to get rid of all the default behavior and tie it to a setting on the device itself. What I mean by that, If I like the "on"/"Off" and/or the little lamp icon, or I need to have a dimming device, why not specify it as a setting when I create the device versus trying to "overwrite-by-work-around" all this default behavior. If we don't fix it now, we'll be stuck with it for HS3.
                              Let's get one thing clear - there is NO WORKAROUND - ignore the other post suggesting a workaround. It is either working as designed or there is a bug. I have no special superpower in the Z-Wave plug-in (which I need to get updated in the updater), and the method I outlined earlier works perfectly.

I also recently changed the behavior so that if there is no graphic file, either through value/graphic pairs or by matching the status text to a graphic file, then no graphic appears - no longer the bulls-eye graphic.

If you like the default values HomeSeer assigns, then use the code I posted earlier. It is almost verbatim from what HomeSeer does, but I pulled it from the Z-Wave plug-in so that it would be from a plug-in perspective.

Try it when you get home and if it does not work, send me an email directly - we will figure out a way to get together so I can put this issue to bed - it works - I know because between the various Z-Wave devices and their varied status/values and graphic/values, it has been tested very thoroughly.
                              Regards,

Comment

Working...
                              X