Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
    Rich, any updates?

I'm wrestling my way through the final changes to have my Sonos PI work under HS3 (sans the HST implementation :-() and might actually do a first beta in a week or two.

Do I need to use the same .lf file you guys made for me for HS2 or do I need to have a new one generated for HS3? If, what is the process?

Assuming beta on HS3 and my PI will take months, does that mean that users will have to get a new licenses from HS for my PI every 30 days or is any new beta delivery somehow magically reset the trial license for a PI?

The installer is new (to me), do we have an example file somewhere that we can tee of from?

Thanks

Dirk
    here is what i understand about the new system

.lf files are no longer needed fro hs3 plugins

the system will allow you to charge an upgrade fee based on the major version component of the plugin version. ie going from 3.x.x.x to 4.x.x.x with your plugin vers.

not sure how the trials are handled. I guess you could put in a timebomb if all else fails.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      here is what i understand about the new system

.lf files are no longer needed fro hs3 plugins

the system will allow you to charge an upgrade fee based on the major version component of the plugin version. ie going from 3.x.x.x to 4.x.x.x with your plugin vers.

not sure how the trials are handled. I guess you could put in a timebomb if all else fails.
      that's my understanding from the recent webinar as well. If you want to charge for an upgrade, you let the HS folks know and they do the work behind the screens to check you own a hS2 license and charge upgrade versus full for an HS3 license.

What I also understood is that if you keep the PI name identical, folks can automatically use (I guess register for free) the HS3 version of it.

The webinar also discussed a "max user" type of license for those, like myself, who build PIs for multizone players. It was brought up but not concluded so if people have some recommendations, now is the time to email the HS3 team or post them here. I'm not planning on going that route.

It was also brought up at the webinar that there is a third accesslevel, something between trial and forever trial (meaning it still works post 30 days) and left up to the PI author to enforce licensing or not. The action was for the HS3 team to come up with a "feedback" mechanism to let the PI know what the license status on the server is.

Was hoping we could use a similar mechanism like HS3 betas, where as long as I make a new beta each 30 days, the period gets reset until I release what would be a first production version. Walked away from the Webinar concluding this was not possible, I might still email HS for that directly unless they can respond here ....

Dirk

Comment

Working...
      X