DeviceButtonsAdd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Dirk,
    can you post a small screen shot of how this device renders?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      so then how do i create a status only device with control buttons?
      Did you really just ask how to create a STATUS ONLY device with CONTROL buttons?
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        Thanks Dirk,
        can you post a small screen shot of how this device renders?
        See http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...41#post1058141

Comment

Yes I did Rick. I'm not really trying to control the physical device, just the hs device status/value in the scenario I mentioned in post #14

this is possible in HS2 and I don't want to give up/loss this capability in hs3
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Rick - I am doing the same thing as Mark. Status only devices with a "Reset" button so the user can clear the value as needed.

Is there a better way to do this?
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

another reason to use status only device is to get rid of the radiobuttonlike status graphic, because that doesnt appear in status only devices.

Comment

Add me to the list. I normally use status only for buttons as it gives the control area a clean sheet.
                Jon

Comment

Guys - if you have a single control option, then it is not "status only". There is no issue with having a control option on a device that is used MOSTLY as a status device.

Define your control option - button, drop-list, whatever - as a CONTROL pair, and then add your status options (individual VSPairs, range VSPair) as STATUS pairs.

When the control option is pressed/selected, it calls SetIOMulti in your plug-in, and it is your decision whether or not to change the value of the device which would update the status.

The status only MISC bit prevents the control options from displaying even if they are set on a device, so it is a way to turn control on/off without having to remove and re-add individual VSPairs.
                  Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

So is the code in posts 12 and 15 correct?
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                    X