X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Setup version 2.99.0.16

Here is build 2.99.0.11

Change hi-lights:

* Changes to some of the device and event structures require you to create a new database file. It is best if you delete your current .HSD file before running this version.

* There are some API changes to the devices regarding parent/child associations, so you will most likely have to modify your plugins if you use those properties.

* Device VSP pairs now contain properties for row/column/column span so you can position your device controls on forms. This is optional.

* The new status page is now enabled which has pop-up controls for your devices. Thermostat support on this screen is not yet completed.

* Many changes bug fixes throughout the program.

* Developer docs have been updated.

* The sample plugin now creates a bunch of devices, each device creates a different type of UI control.

NOTE: Do not install any of the plugins from the updater, they are not functioning at this time and they exist only for our in-house testing.

Here is the installer:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...S3_2_99_16.exe
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I installed .16 over my .11 install (deleted the .hsd file first as instructed). When I start up HS3 now I get prompted to install the .16 update which is already installed. If I click to continue with the update it fails, and the next time I start HS3 it pops up again.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Deleted everything in the config folder before I installed .16

All went fine but get continuous stream of these errors (every 2 seconds):

3/30/2013 10:57:14 AM - STATUS POST - device_count=127&ViewKey=39360&action=update_status
      3/30/2013 10:57:16 AM - STATUS POST - device_count=127&ViewKey=39360&action=update_status
      3/30/2013 10:57:18 AM - STATUS POST - device_count=127&ViewKey=39360&action=update_status
      3/30/2013 10:57:20 AM - STATUS POST - device_count=127&ViewKey=39360&action=update_status

The row/column function are now working ... THANKS!

I do note perhaps a new field "Image" in the device Utility page? What should we use that for (see red circle in picture below)?

Also noted that that pesky "Lamp" or "Bullseye" icon is gone when I set the device string. It is still there when no device string has been set (see red circle), how do I get rid of that?

The "DIM" and "%" are still added when I set the device value to integer values. How do I fix that. I posted my code in the other thread (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=32).

Didn't have any HS3 crashes when I created my all my devices (cfr http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158916)

Thanks

Dirk
      Attached Files

Comment

I am testing a new method to update the main app, just quit out of that updater app when it starts.

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
        I installed .16 over my .11 install (deleted the .hsd file first as instructed). When I start up HS3 now I get prompted to install the .16 update which is already installed. If I click to continue with the update it fails, and the next time I start HS3 it pops up again.

Comment

Looks like some debug is still enabled on the new status page, just stay off that page and you should not see that message.

Yes, there is now the ability to set an image on a device, its use is to show a picture of the physical device, like a wall switch. It can also be used to set an image on other devices, for example a thermostat temp device could have an image of a thermometer. You set the image on the device properties page. You can install images with your plugin if you want, just put them in html\images\Devices\[your folder]

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          Deleted everything in the config folder before I installed .16

All went fine but get continuous stream of these errors (every 2 seconds):

3/30/2013 10:57:14 AM - STATUS POST - device_count=127&ViewKey=39360&action=update_status
          3/30/2013 10:57:16 AM - STATUS POST - device_count=127&ViewKey=39360&action=update_status
          3/30/2013 10:57:18 AM - STATUS POST - device_count=127&ViewKey=39360&action=update_status
          3/30/2013 10:57:20 AM - STATUS POST - device_count=127&ViewKey=39360&action=update_status

The row/column function are now working ... THANKS!

I do note perhaps a new field "Image" in the device Utility page? What should we use that for (see red circle in picture below)?

Also noted that that pesky "Lamp" or "Bullseye" icon is gone when I set the device string. It is still there when no device string has been set (see red circle), how do I get rid of that?

The "DIM" and "%" are still added when I set the device value to integer values. How do I fix that. I posted my code in the other thread (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=32).

Didn't have any HS3 crashes when I created my all my devices (cfr http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158916)

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Yes, there is now the ability to set an image on a device, its use is to show a picture of the physical device, like a wall switch. It can also be used to set an image on other devices, for example a thermostat temp device could have an image of a thermometer. You set the image on the device properties page. You can install images with your plugin if you want, just put them in html\images\Devices\[your folder]
            Can it be a .png or .jpg or an icon?

Does it have to be in that directory or any html\... directory will do?

I quickly tried to set the image property to my albumart which is stored as a .jpg or .png in \html\Sonos\... but nothing shows up, maybe the image is too large?

Last but not least, so what about those default icons? I can't get rid of them unless I set the devicestring to a non empty and non-blank string. If I set the devicestring to " ", that doesn't do anything the icons still show. If I set it to "_", the icons are gone but now setting the deviceVALUE to a non zero doesn't show anything (urrghh). How can we turn of the default behavior of HS3 trying to match the devicestring to a default icon and/or assuming if you set a devicevalue that this must be a dimming value.

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

Update: the property needs to have the IP address added so it would be http://192.168.1.117/Sonos/Artwork/Cover7_2.jpg.

Secondly the status page doesn't dynamically update for the image field, only when you refresh the whole page. I guess when used for a device icon, perfectly OK, when used from something more dynamical like album art of currently playing it would be a problem.

Closed for me.

Dirk

Comment

Yes, the device image is not status, if you change it, it will not change unless you refresh the screen. For status, just set the device string to reference an image. Use the device image as indicator as to what the device is. So for album art it might be an image of a CD jacket.

I'll look at the default icon issue.

Update: the property needs to have the IP address added so it would be http://192.168.1.117/Sonos/Artwork/Cover7_2.jpg.

Secondly the status page doesn't dynamically update for the image field, only when you refresh the whole page. I guess when used for a device icon, perfectly OK, when used from something more dynamical like album art of currently playing it would be a problem.

Closed for me.

Dirk

Comment

Rich - ClearINISection() is still not working in this version. I didnt see it in the release notes, but was hoping it made it in there...
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Rich - is there a problem with GetINISection? It seems to return nothing.

I also noted that in previous versions the section names were converted to all capitals. In this version, it is back to be case sensitive, so in my case, my .ini file, had all sections renamed to all capitals and with this version all failed. No biggie, just wanted to let other know.

Also noted that booleans are now stored as "True"/"False" versus zero and one in the previous versions. No biggie again.

Dirk

Comment

I'll look at the default icon issue.
                      Update on my own progress. As I posted before, if you set the devicestring to something, the icon goes away, except when the string matches the name of one of the standard .gif files (on, off, playing, stopped, muted, unmuted ...). So I began to not just set the DeviceValue to an integer value (and then end up with the darn "DIM" and "%" stuff) while also setting the DeviceString to the integer in string format. If you set both value and string, no more default icons !!

So if we could have a setting on the device, where HS3 doesn't try to match the deviceString with a .gif file in their images subdirectory then life would be great!

Dirk

Comment

I think the image property should be changed to allow specifying a relative url path instead of a full URL. The host portion could vary (SSL or no SSL, internal URL or external URL...). Being able to specify "/Sonos/Artwork/Cover7_2.jpg" would be much easier.
                        HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

It happened to me twice ....

When the image property is set wrong, the deviceUtility page doesn't render anymore and your browser is in this eternal state of "waiting for the page to come in". Made no difference between IE or Firefox, the webserver is not responding.

Let me know if you want me to create it a third time.

Dirk

Comment

HS3 is complaining that it's not registered. What do I do?
                            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                              HS3 is complaining that it's not registered. What do I do?
                              Click run 30 day trial ......

Comment

Working...
                              X