Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the new Device Status page supposed to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the new Device Status page supposed to do?

Not sure what I need to do in my PI to make use of this function. Is it described somewhere?

See attached picture

Dirk
    Attached Files

bump?

Comment

This area lets you create a visual representation of the devices on the device management page.

There's a new sticky in the new HS# forum area that can give you a better visual.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160051
      Wade

sigpic

website | products | support | youtube
      I know nothing...., nothing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
        This area lets you create a visual representation of the devices on the device management page.

There's a new sticky in the new HS# forum area that can give you a better visual.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160051
        I saw the sticky but does the documentation describes how to set this up? If you look at the start of this thread, you see my screen capture and what I really wanted to know, is how this affect PI authors? Example: I create 10~20 devices per Sonos player, so which of the devices will show up and which aren't, that is not clear to me.

Dirk

Comment

For PI authors, all devices will show up by default on the status page. You can edit devices on the status page to make these items not be viewable there if the user wishes.

Once you're editing on the status page, it should be fairly simple for users to arrange devices. It's a visual tool for them to organize the devices from the management page.
          Wade

sigpic

website | products | support | youtube
          I know nothing...., nothing!!!

Comment

Working...
          X