This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FredrikKan View Post
    The link to the pdf file seems to be broken again(?).
    Select Tools > Help > HomeSeer Help File for the link to scripting and all HS3 help.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I fixed the link to the PDF file.

Originally posted by FredrikKan View Post
      The link to the pdf file seems to be broken again(?).

Comment

so...was it then determined that you can no longer set the option "Remove This Event After Triggering" from a script?
        HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

perl scripting in HS3 linux

I have developed a lot of perl scripts running in HS2 under Windows. I envisage to go to HS3 under linux and I'm busy to test all around H3/linux. When I put my perl scripts under the script folder, I don't see them when I want to start a script action of an event. Does it mean that perl scripts are not supported under linux ?

Comment

Script Encrypt-er

Where is the download for the script encrypt .exe? It seems to be gone off the website? I also don't see it in the documentation?

Also, is it the same for HS3 at for HS2?

-BD

Comment

event scripting

I'm coming along a year later --- was Jim's request ever implemented? I tend to agree this is not an enhancement, but it is a request to put back something that was removed. I also created scripts in HS2 that have device triggers and conditions (along with script actions)-- looks like that is also not possible in HS3 (with scripting or a plug-in that is). It is not a "must have" for me, but it would sure save a lot of trouble and time over the long term if those capabilities that used to exist in HS2 were reinstated into HS3.

Pete

Comment

I found the help files:
                very useful, but besides from the Purpose, Parameters, Returns every script description should also have examples.
                Like that for IsLicensed:

Code:
                sub main()
                  If hs.IsLicensed then
                     hs.WriteLog "Info","HomeSeer is licensed, thank you."
                  else
                     hs.WriteLog "Info","This copy of HomeSeer is not currently licensed."
                   end if
                end sub
                Seeing it being used in simple examples is to me the best way to learn coding.

Comment

Make sure you take a look at the sample plugins, they have most of the commonly used functions in there in a working example.

Originally posted by ViperJD View Post
                  I found the help files:
                  very useful, but besides from the Purpose, Parameters, Returns every script description should also have examples.
                  Like that for IsLicensed:

Code:
                  sub main()
                    If hs.IsLicensed then
                       hs.WriteLog "Info","HomeSeer is licensed, thank you."
                    else
                       hs.WriteLog "Info","This copy of HomeSeer is not currently licensed."
                     end if
                  end sub
                  Seeing it being used in simple examples is to me the best way to learn coding.

Comment

I am trying my hand at scripting, following some examples in the help file. When I tried to run the example for "GetDeviceByRef", I got this error:
                    Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\light control using.vb: 'Let' and 'Set' assignment statements are no longer supported.
                    Is this help file not current?

Comment

Originally posted by field888 View Post
                      I am trying my hand at scripting, following some examples in the help file. When I tried to run the example for "GetDeviceByRef", I got this error:
                      Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\light control using.vb: 'Let' and 'Set' assignment statements are no longer supported.
                      Is this help file not current?
                      Nope it is not in that case, I think that is an extract from the HS2 help file.

If you declare DV as a DeviceClass you should be able to just put DV = hs.GetDeviceByRef(dvRef)

Comment

thanks for the quick reply. It would be really nice to have an updated scripting help file. I've seen other posts relating to the same issue. Many people trying to learn, but no documentation with examples to help along the learning curve.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          Make sure you take a look at the sample plugins, they have most of the commonly used functions in there in a working example.
                          Can someone please post a link to the sample plugins that Rich is referring to?
                          Is it in the Help Files or somewhere else on the site?

Thank you.

Comment

Rich,
                            where are the sample plug-in's that you referred to in this thread that have scripting examples?

Comment

thanks for the quick reply. It would be really nice to have an updated scripting help file. I've seen other posts relating to the same issue. Many people trying to learn, but no documentation with examples to help along the learning curve.
                              I know, I offered in another thread to do it for HS if it helped because I also have spent ages on a problem that was caused by a minor documentation error.

Can someone please post a link to the sample plugins that Rich is referring to?
                              Is it in the Help Files or somewhere else on the site?

Thank you
                              The sample plugins are here http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160064 but I did not find them particularly easy to follow myself and contain a lot that you might not need (also very little commenting).

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                                The sample plugins are here http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160064 but I did not find them particularly easy to follow myself and contain a lot that you might not need (also very little commenting).
                                Thank you. Much appreciated...

Comment

Working...
                                X