• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Scripting Documentation

[UPDATED 3-4-14]

HS3 scripting docs are here (this is the FULL HS3 Help file):

http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/static/

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Is this scripting documentation complete?

I need to replace all of my very easy and intuitive hs.NewEventEx commands that are in my scripts now that hs.NewEventEx has been removed.

After studying the current script documentation it looks like its fairly easy to create an event. After the event is created it looks like triggers have to be added to the event, and then actions added to the triggers (or events?).

It doesn't look like there are any commands in the scripting documentation that will allow me to add a trigger based on days of the week, for example. And then I haven't found any script commands that will let me add a "run script" action to either a trigger or event, where ever it is supposed to be added.

It looks like the triggers and actions can all be added using the HS3 GUI. Which documentation set shows me how to programmatically build the same events/triggers/actions than I can manually build in the HS3 GUI?

Here's an example of an HS2 command that I need to replace/rebuild:

hs.NewTimeEvent( eventName, runTimeStrr, runDateStr, 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,"", 0,scriptstr, goupName)

Also, on some of my events, I need to set them to automatically delete after running. What is the script command for that?

It seems like this should probably be posted somewhere, so if I'm missing where it is posted, if you could refer me to the documentation that would be helpful. I've already reviewed the existing scripting commands document posted on this thread.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Is there a PDF or DOC to just print this???

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that VBScript would not be supported in HS3. However, I see VBScript examples in the HS3 scripting documentation. Can we still use VBScript with HS3 on the Windows platform? Is it only HS3 on Linux where VBScript cannot be used?

Comment

VBScript is still supported, but only on Windows. The Linux version only supports vb.net scripting.

Originally posted by regm View Post
          I thought I read somewhere that VBScript would not be supported in HS3. However, I see VBScript examples in the HS3 scripting documentation. Can we still use VBScript with HS3 on the Windows platform? Is it only HS3 on Linux where VBScript cannot be used?

Comment

The PDF link at the top of thread doesn't work for me, page cannot be found.

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
              The PDF link at the top of thread doesn't work for me, page cannot be found.
              Simonk,

Remove the ftp.

Try this:

//homeseer.com/support/homeseer/HS3/hs3_scripting.pdf

Greig.

Edit: As a note to Rich most of the FTP post on the board need this removed to work.
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

I fixed the link to the PDF.

Comment

Is there anywhere that has a comprehensive list of the differences between scripting in HS2 vs HS3?

It would have been really helpful to have "New in HS3" or "Changed from HS2" or something to that effect in the HS3 scripting pdf file.

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
                    Is there anywhere that has a comprehensive list of the differences between scripting in HS2 vs HS3?

It would have been really helpful to have "New in HS3" or "Changed from HS2" or something to that effect in the HS3 scripting pdf file.
                    I agree, and even better if there was some stuff about how to do things in those cases where the HS2 methods have been dropped completely (e.g., IsON and IsOFF).

Steve

Comment

Add action to Event

The updated scripting documentation (as of 12-28-2013) provides a function "AddDeviceActionToEvent." This doesn't seem to provide a way to add an action to the event that runs a script.

I need to be able to create an event programmatically, and then attach an action that runs a script. I need to be able to trigger the event on a daily basis.

This seems to be a fairly obvious capability. I hope this capability is supported in HS3.

In addition, in the script documentation for AddDeviceActiontoEvent there is a reference to CAPIControl - the link doesn't work.

Can you tell me if HS3 is going to support the ability to add a "run Script" action on an event that I create programmatically. If this is already available, can someone point me to the correct place in the documentation?

Thanks,
                      Jim
                      Last edited by jiml@quicksmart.com; December 29, 2013, 10:07 PM.

Comment

It is not in there now, you can open a bugzilla ticket for the enhancement.

Can you tell me what you are trying to do so I can see why the current event mechanism will not work? We want to get away from complex scripting as much as possible.

Originally posted by jiml@quicksmart.com View Post
                        The updated scripting documentation (as of 12-28-2013) provides a function "AddDeviceActionToEvent." This doesn't seem to provide a way to add an action to the event that runs a script.

I need to be able to create an event programmatically, and then attach an action that runs a script. I need to be able to trigger the event on a daily basis.

This seems to be a fairly obvious capability. I hope this capability is supported in HS3.

In addition, in the script documentation for AddDeviceActiontoEvent there is a reference to CAPIControl - the link doesn't work.

Can you tell me if HS3 is going to support the ability to add a "run Script" action on an event that I create programmatically. If this is already available, can someone point me to the correct place in the documentation?

Thanks,
                        Jim

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          Can you tell me what you are trying to do so I can see why the current event mechanism will not work? We want to get away from complex scripting as much as possible.
                          I'm updating the EtherRain interface scripts. I need to set up events on the fly to support the ability to run multiple controllers sequentially. The first controller in the chain will start at a pre-determined time, so this event can be a manual setup, the other controllers in the chain will have various starttimes throughout the year depending on cycle setbacks. These events need to be created (as one time self deleting events) when the first controller event runs.

Currently HomeSeer2 supports running a script as an action, both manually and programmatically, and then only manually in HS3, so it seems odd that this request would be considered an enhancement.

I also want my web page interface scripts to be able to build events for the user as an ease-of-use feature, so they don't have to go through the trouble of manually entering the events, for example housing keeping events like emailling upon an error condition. These can be set up manually, but then add complexity to the setup.

Regarding bugzilla: I'm pretty sure I don't have access to your bugzilla - I'm not a certified HomeSeer developer. How do I get access to bugzilla?

thanks,

JIm

Comment

Anyone can access bugzilla, just go to homeseer.com/bugzilla and create an account and then log this issue so we can track it.

Originally posted by jiml@quicksmart.com View Post
                            I'm updating the EtherRain interface scripts. I need to set up events on the fly to support the ability to run multiple controllers sequentially. The first controller in the chain will start at a pre-determined time, so this event can be a manual setup, the other controllers in the chain will have various starttimes throughout the year depending on cycle setbacks. These events need to be created (as one time self deleting events) when the first controller event runs.

Currently HomeSeer2 supports running a script as an action, both manually and programmatically, and then only manually in HS3, so it seems odd that this request would be considered an enhancement.

I also want my web page interface scripts to be able to build events for the user as an ease-of-use feature, so they don't have to go through the trouble of manually entering the events, for example housing keeping events like emailling upon an error condition. These can be set up manually, but then add complexity to the setup.

Regarding bugzilla: I'm pretty sure I don't have access to your bugzilla - I'm not a certified HomeSeer developer. How do I get access to bugzilla?

thanks,

JIm

Comment

Link to pdf broken

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              I fixed the link to the PDF.
                              The link to the pdf file seems to be broken again(?).

Comment

Working...
                              X