X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Minor sample updates

A couple minor notes on the plugin samples, specifically I'm working with HSPI_SAMPLE_BASIC.

main.vb: the connect retry loop wasn't working for me
    Code:
    If ex.Message.ToLower.Contains("timeout occurred.") Then
    but the exception being thrown has this text (note spelling of occurred):
    Code:
    Cannot connect attempt 1: The host failed to connect. Timeout occured. 15000
    web_config.vb and web_status.vb : I found it very useful to have the standard menus showing as I learned how to work with the plugin. As downloaded the normal header menu buttons were hidden.

change
    Code:
    stb.Append(hs.GetPageHeader(pageName, "Sample" & instancetext, "", "", True, False))
    to
    Code:
    stb.Append(hs.GetPageHeader(pageName, "Sample" & instancetext, "", "", False, False))

Leave a comment:

• huggy_d1
    replied
    Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
    Arrgh - I just spent ages trying to debug my plugins and scratching my head as to why my events all stopped working. How about creating a sticky we can subscribe to that posts new build notifications? Unless I restart HS3, I don't know there's a new build that might address an issue I'm experiencing.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• beerygaz
    replied
    Arrgh - I just spent ages trying to debug my plugins and scratching my head as to why my events all stopped working. How about creating a sticky we can subscribe to that posts new build notifications? Unless I restart HS3, I don't know there's a new build that might address an issue I'm experiencing.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
    AND it may now PREVENT the events created earlier from appearing and ONLY catch the new ones - let me know if that is the case. I did not have my sample multi instance events saved so I could not test this.
    I've just tested .52, and yes it now only catch the new events, all the ones created with an old version are not caught. Is that the desired behavior or are you going to fix this?

Leave a comment:

• Rick Tinker
    replied
    Argggggg!!

There was a single line of code in there left over from before I made this change that was screwing things up. I will ask Rich to post another build right away.
    AND it may now PREVENT the events created earlier from appearing and ONLY catch the new ones - let me know if that is the case. I did not have my sample multi instance events saved so I could not test this.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Tinker
    replied
    Argggggg!!

There was a single line of code in there left over from before I made this change that was screwing things up. I will ask Rich to post another build right away.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Note that the problem only happen for newly created events

Leave a comment:

• Rick Tinker
    replied
    Is this the multi-instance plug-in you are testing with? If so, then use GetTriggersInst and TriggerMatchesInst. GetTriggers and TriggerMatches is for non-instanced plug-ins.
    The non-Inst versions should have returned all of them - I will have a look.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Is this the multi-instance plug-in you are testing with? If so, then use GetTriggersInst and TriggerMatchesInst. GetTriggers and TriggerMatches is for non-instanced plug-ins.
    I tried GetTriggers and TriggersMatches with a single instance plugin, they don't work.

As I already said in my previous post, I tried GetTriggersInst as well, same problem

Leave a comment:

• Rick Tinker
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    Rick,

in version 3.0.0.51, seems like GetTriggers() and TriggerMatches() are broken again. They return the events that were created with older version but I can't get any event that is created with 3.0.0.51.
    I also tried the new GetTriggersInst(), same problem...

Very frustrating , please have a look asap

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    No, I am going to completely change that back and add new calls. After the change, the plug-in name will ignore any instance added to it, and it will return ALL triggers from ALL instances (or non instances) of that plug-in, and if you want the triggers just for a specific instance, there will be a new call.

I will also add the instance to the return value so that when you get all of the triggers or actions, you can see which ones are for instances.

I am under the impression here that I can make all of these changes without breaking (exception breaking that is) existing plug-ins, but you will definitely have to make a change at your end for any multi-instance plug-ins.
    Rick,

in version 3.0.0.51, seems like GetTriggers() and TriggerMatches() are broken again. They return the events that were created with older version but I can't get any event that is created with 3.0.0.51.
    I also tried the new GetTriggersInst(), same problem...

Very frustrating , please have a look asap

Leave a comment:

• willem4ever
    replied
    It seems locked, have no clue how to unlock

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-12-07 at 10.13.54.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1170860

It looks like you are working on the same functionality when I discovered the problem

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-12-07 at 10.19.09.png
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1170861

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    Sounds like a bug, but let me look into it. Did anybody report it in Bugzilla? If not, definitely do that because if Rich or I are not subscribed to threads where people report things we do not always see them.
    No I didn't for the sole reason that I don't have a great grasp on the HS3 SDK, I am just not exactly confident whether I report a bug or identify my lack of understanding. If you are happier with that sort of stuff reported as bugs then I of course will.

I did check Bugzilla and found nothing, oddly enough the bug in willem4ever's post comes back as unauthorised when I try to view it.

Leave a comment:

• willem4ever
    replied
    Looks like http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1129 if i'm not mistaken - which i submitted sometime ago.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Tinker
    replied
    Sounds like a bug, but let me look into it. Did anybody report it in Bugzilla? If not, definitely do that because if Rich or I are not subscribed to threads where people report things we do not always see them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X