X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code:
                If MyAction IsNot Nothing Then
                    Dim bteArray() As Byte = Nothing
                    If Not SerializeObject(MyAction, bteArray) Then Throw New Exception("Not able to Serialize myaction data in actionbuildui.")

Dim Ret As New IPlugInAPI.strMultiReturn
                    Ret.sResult = ""                ' Empty return indicates success!
                    Ret.TrigActInfo = ActInfo    ' Trig info does not change, just pass through what we received...
                    Ret.DataOut = bteArray
                    Return Ret
                End If
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

To answer my own question, the following code needs to be in postprocessui not buildui.

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
      Code:
                  If MyAction IsNot Nothing Then
                      Dim bteArray() As Byte = Nothing
                      If Not SerializeObject(MyAction, bteArray) Then Throw New Exception("Not able to Serialize myaction data in actionbuildui.")

Dim Ret As New IPlugInAPI.strMultiReturn
                      Ret.sResult = ""                ' Empty return indicates success!
                      Ret.TrigActInfo = ActInfo    ' Trig info does not change, just pass through what we received...
                      Ret.DataOut = bteArray
                      Return Ret
                  End If

Comment

I've made a lot of progress and I think I understand the relationship between actionbuildUI, PostprocessUI, FormatUI, and configured and my plugin sort of works. however I'm profoundly stuck. see attached picture. The line of code where the break point is always evaluates as the subTAnumber even though the first expression in the OrElse statement is obviously true. According to everything I can find online the second expression shouldn't even be evaluated.
        Attached Files

Comment

After sleeping on it I realized I made another newbie mistake. It does evaluate as true, however the next line of code will also be true because of the subtanumber changing. The solution was simply to remove the second expression in every orelse because it is not needed. I already have the data I need stored in MyActionData.

One step closer.

Comment

In the sample plugin their sample class is marked as serialized and then the enums within the class is also marked as serialized. Is there a reason for this? It doesn't seem to make a difference in my class.

Comment

In my first plugin, I used TANumber and SubTANumber from the sample plugin. It is confusing as heck. In my second, I only use TANumber and use my own classes to manage any sub-trigger actions. It took weeks to figure out how to use them both. VERY steep learning curve.
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I'm in the middle of writing my own base plugin. It'll handle basic initialization, device creation, updating, CAPI, etc. I need a clean, general base as I have a 3 or 4 plugins I want to write. All HomeSeer functions and procedures are updated with .NET comments describing their functions (based on the SDK), which I was disappointed was missing, and I'm adding a ton o comments as there's basicly nothing now.

I'm planning to release this here on the board when I'm done so that people don't have to go through this yet again. It'll be very simple, but hopefully a good starting point covering the basics.

However, I haven't even touched Triggers and Actions, and I'm seriously NOT looking forward to it, as anyone that has anything to say about it, says it's rather horrible.

However, there are plenty of plugins out there that handle it. Perhaps somebody could write a few lines to simplify it? Just walk us through some smart setup and how the different procedures work.
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Well I just spent a few hours figuring out actionconfigured and handleaction and how they interact with all the other procedures and I'm shocked to say I can now run my plugin in homeseer and turn zone1 of my monoprice amp on and off using events

My head is spinning and I need to go to bed.

Comment

I spent some hours last night piecing triggers and actions togheter. It wasn't... erm... that bad, I actually can get it to work without too much problems.
                    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I haven't looked at triggers yet but I assume they are much the same as actions based on the name strTrigActInfo. Not sure if the plugin I'm writing would even need triggers.

Comment

I haven't looked at triggers yet but I assume they are much the same as actions based on the name strTrigActInfo.
                        Yes, they are not far from each other. Actions are easier than triggers IMHO.

But WHY OH WHY is the class called strTrigActInfo?!???
                        It's not a string, and it's actually possible to write it completely. That way a user could stand a chance understanding what's going on!

Comment

How do i even start?

What do i need to do to use this to make something of my own?
                          Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Well I just spent a few hours figuring out actionconfigured and handleaction and how they interact with all the other procedures and I'm shocked to say I can now run my plugin in homeseer and turn zone1 of my monoprice amp on and off using events

My head is spinning and I need to go to bed.
                            Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                            I spent some hours last night piecing triggers and actions togheter. It wasn't... erm... that bad, I actually can get it to work without too much problems.
                            I have become intimately familiar with setting breakpoints, stepping through code, and watch windows

That "sample" plugin is really difficult to follow. TANumber and SubTANumber took quite a while for me to wrap my head around. I ended up only using TANumber and my custom Action class to get around it.
                            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
                              How do i even start?
                              What do i need to do to use this to make something of my own?
                              You need:
                              - Visual Studio (Express or Community can be used) with VB.net
                              - The link to the SDK: http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...DK/default.htm
                              - A download of the samples in the first post
                              - Some experience with scripting, and some grasp of devices and events and how they work. tenScripting is a good idea.
                              - ALOT of free time

... or wait a week or two until I release the my even more simplified version.

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                              TANumber and SubTANumber took quite a while for me to wrap my head around.
                              Yeah, I'm not there yet. Do you have a simple break down?

Comment

Will it be C# or VB ?

Comment

Working...
                                X