Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plug-in support on Linux (Plug-in authors please read!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rjh so you replied to a nearly two year old
    question, but ignored the one I posted earlier today...?

Comment

Thank you Rich.

Its been years now that I have switched over to running Homeseer 3 in Linux.

MONO is always changing and some version in the future could break it. Also, its REALLY slow.

Yes it is what makes my Ubuntu boxes run so slow whatever Intel, AMD, ARM CPU or amount of memory.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hate when that happens! The post date is this teeny tiny text!

In regards GetOSType here is the prototype:

Public Function GetOSType() As eOSType Implements HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.GetOSType

And the return values:

Public Enum eOSType
        windows = 0
        linux = 1
        End Enum

This call is fully supported.

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
        rjh so you replied to a nearly two year old
        question, but ignored the one I posted earlier today...?
        πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Hate when that happens! The post date is this teeny tiny text!

In regards GetOSType here is the prototype:

Public Function GetOSType() As eOSType Implements HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.GetOSType

And the return values:

Public Enum eOSType
          windows = 0
          linux = 1
          End Enum

This call is fully supported.
          But why isn’t it in the documentation? Are we supposed to stumble upon this thread to find out this function exists? I was planning on using getapppath and checking if it contained β€œ/β€œ or β€œ\”, since that was the only way I found...

Comment

Because documentation takes resources that we have been short of? Honest answer here. You can use intellisense to browse all the functions, so they are not hard to find.

That being said, we are updating the docs so new docs will be available soon.

But why isn’t it in the documentation? Are we supposed to stumble upon this thread to find out this function exists? I was planning on using getapppath and checking if it contained β€œ/β€œ or β€œ\”, since that was the only way I found...
            πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Because documentation takes resources that we have been short of? Honest answer here. You can use intellisense to browse all the functions, so they are not hard to find.

That being said, we are updating the docs so new docs will be available soon.
              For 6 years? Time to hire some more staff then...

I'm not a plugin-developer, I just create simple scripts in the "run script"-editor... So I use the documentation provided and normally don't have access to intellisense...
              As far as I know, there are a lot of tools to autogenerate documentation for functions in code, as long as they are commented "correctly" (like ReadTheDocs, JAVADoc, etc).
              A SDK/library is only as good as it's documentation...

Comment

Just get the free ver of Visual studio, create a sample project and add a reference to the Scheduler. You will then have intellisense. We are adding more docs to the actual functions so intellisense gives you the docs right there.

We have hired more staff, hence better docs on the way.

If you guys would buy more stuff from us we would have more staff

For 6 years? Time to hire some more staff then...

I'm not a plugin-developer, I just create simple scripts in the "run script"-editor... So I use the documentation provided and normally don't have access to intellisense...
                As far as I know, there are a lot of tools to autogenerate documentation for functions in code, as long as they are commented "correctly" (like ReadTheDocs, JAVADoc, etc).
                A SDK/library is only as good as it's documentation...

Comment

If you guys would buy more stuff from us we would have more staff
                  Would be happy to, but you seem to think world == USA... can’t find a single product I can buy from you guys...!

Comment

I know, selling product outside the US has been a challenge. There are no standards in wall switches outside the US, so that kind of product is impossible to build at volume. We could do some sensors, but then importing them here, then shipping them there, just costs a fortune. Our controllers do work everywhere if you get the correct interface, so that's something.

Would be happy to, but you seem to think world == USA... can’t find a single product I can buy from you guys...!

Comment

Working...
                    X