Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jonas.hellgren
    replied
    Yes this is exactly what i'am asking. I know this is possible with the hardware, but is this supported in the plugin in HS.

Leave a comment:

• RawLiquid
    replied
    Your statement is a bit unclear, if you are asking if you can use an analog pin as a digital input, yes.
    Per the documentation for the uno, pin A1 can be used as digital pin 15, A0 would be 14.
    However, depending on what exactly you are attempting to do, there are some functions that will not work on A3-A5(iirc)

If you meant something else, you will need to explain.

Originally posted by jonas.hellgren View Post
    Will it work to use a analog input on the arduino and set it as a digital input in the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• jonas.hellgren
    replied
    Analog input as digital

Will it work to use a analog input on the arduino and set it as a digital input in the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
    Cheers Greg

As you were doing that I had a trawl through the folders and found homeseer.ino - I uploaded that & that did it - I can connect now. I'll have another go the correct way as you described above. I thought the firmware was for the board rather than a sketch.

Thanks for your help - looks like this is going to work

Cheers
    Scott
    Good news Scott.

I will update the description to "Sketch" rather than "Firmware". I called it firmware as people who don't know Arduino may not know what a Sketch is.

Have fun.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    Ok thats the problem. Have a read through the manual again.
    You need to set up the board in the plugin config page then at the top of the page there section with download board firmware and drop down. Select the board you want then click the download button and you will receive a custom built sketch from the plugin that you will have to upload to the board. After this you can connect the board and add and remove pins.
    The only time you will need to upload a new sketch is if you change a board to IP, change the IP settings or I update it in a new build.

Greig.
    Cheers Greg

As you were doing that I had a trawl through the folders and found homeseer.ino - I uploaded that & that did it - I can connect now. I'll have another go the correct way as you described above. I thought the firmware was for the board rather than a sketch.

Thanks for your help - looks like this is going to work

Cheers
    Scott

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    I uploaded the default test flash LED sketch. What sort of sketch should I use? Presumably one that open the port then?

I am planning on using the Arduino to simulate a button push on an alarm keyfob - I thought that HS taking a pin high / low would be all that's needed and no sketch required.

Scott
    Ok thats the problem. Have a read through the manual again.
    You need to set up the board in the plugin config page then at the top of the page there section with download board firmware and drop down. Select the board you want then click the download button and you will receive a custom built sketch from the plugin that you will have to upload to the board. After this you can connect the board and add and remove pins.
    The only time you will need to upload a new sketch is if you change a board to IP, change the IP settings or I update it in a new build.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Ok the board is not replying to the plugin on the connect routine. Can you send me the Sketch you uploaded to the board.

Greig.
    I uploaded the default test flash LED sketch. What sort of sketch should I use? Presumably one that open the port then?

I am planning on using the Arduino to simulate a button push on an alarm keyfob - I thought that HS taking a pin high / low would be all that's needed and no sketch required.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Here you go ....
    Ok the board is not replying to the plugin on the connect routine. Can you send me the Sketch you uploaded to the board.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Can you enable debugging then try and connect it. Then disable debugging and send me the log to look at.

Greig.
    Here you go ....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Hi Greg

Just installed your plugin but I've got a problem

It wont connect. I have tried changing Com ports etc but no go. (The IDE Works)

Windows 7 64Bit
    HS3 3.0.0.121
    Arduino Uno
    IDE 1.5.6-r2 in C:\program files (x86)\Arduino

HS Log shows
    Connecting to Board No:1 on COM2
    Warning = Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Scott
    Can you enable debugging then try and connect it. Then disable debugging and send me the log to look at.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Disconnected

Hi Greg

Just installed your plugin but I've got a problem

It wont connect. I have tried changing Com ports etc but no go. (The IDE Works)

Windows 7 64Bit
    HS3 3.0.0.121
    Arduino Uno
    IDE 1.5.6-r2 in C:\program files (x86)\Arduino

HS Log shows
    Connecting to Board No:1 on COM2
    Warning = Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Scott

Leave a comment:

• Daarn
    replied
    Sorry I am not sure I understand your question. Do you want to tell what the outputs are doing in Homeseer or control and output from Homeseer?

Greig.
    Sorry..
    I must I put some more code in the sketch? to control outpins from homeseer? or say what output in homerseer should control output pin on the arduino

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by Daarn View Post
    HI
    I have just forgot to change the board nr in the sketch. now it has it connected to homeseer and I can read temp data.
    I will try later to send info about all outputs also so i can when a output are active or not.

if I want to enable one output from HomeSeer do I need to add some code?

Thx very much for everything

Daarn
    Sorry I am not sure I understand your question. Do you want to tell what the outputs are doing in Homeseer or control and output from Homeseer?

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• Daarn
    replied

HI
    I have just forgot to change the board nr in the sketch. now it has it connected to homeseer and I can read temp data.
    I will try later to send info about all outputs also so i can when a output are active or not.

if I want to enable one output from HomeSeer do I need to add some code?

Thx very much for everything

Daarn

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X