No announcement yet.

***Arduino For HS3 Beta Now Available.***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This plugin will allow for so many cool extensions to HS3 and I'm really looking forward to testing it.

Although I have some issues connecting my Arduino Uno R3 via USB to the plugin.

In the log I get:
    des-28 16:10:47 Arduino Plugin Disconnected from Board No:1 on COM8
    des-28 16:10:47 Arduino Plugin Sent to com port No:8 = 1 D
    des-28 16:10:46 Arduino Plugin Error Board: 1 Connection FAILED.
    des-28 16:10:16 Arduino Plugin Sent to com port No:8 = 1 C
    des-28 16:10:16 Arduino Plugin Board: 1 has a failed connection. Retrying.
    des-28 16:10:16 Arduino Plugin Keeping Board: 1 Comport Alive.
    des-28 16:10:16 Arduino Plugin Sent to com port No:8 = 1 K
    But testing the board on the same port using the arduino software I can upload and connect to COM 8.

Any hint on where to look to sort out the issues?

br
    Toby

Comment

The COM can only be used by one program. Mayby Arduino software still hangs on to it?

Regards
      Morten

Comment

Originally posted by mhn View Post
        The COM can only be used by one program. Mayby Arduino software still hangs on to it?
        I have restarted the computer to be sure there is nothing else using it, but no change. If I connect to the board using HS3 it fails. If I then try to reconnect in HS3 it still fails... starting up the arduino sw it connects straight away.

thanks for the suggestion anyway

Comment

Are you running the Homeseer .Ino on the board? If you could enable debugging on the config page then try to connect again then go back to the config page and download the debug log and send it to me I will have a look for you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

This is the Plugin I have been waiting for.

Thanks Greig,
            Must admit this is the Plugin for HS3 I have been waiting for, hope you are fully recovered and have a happy new year.
            best regards Peter.
            P.S. I'll give it a whorl any gremlims I will let you know!

Comment

Thanks for this plugin it is going to be very useful.

I have started to add analog inputs but having a problem with the sum calculation.
              When adding a divide it keeps changing to %2F and the device value no longer updates.

Here is the log

Dec-28 22:42:54 Arduino Plugin Exception in RecievedText: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
              Dec-28 22:42:54 Arduino Plugin OutputValue:
              Dec-28 22:42:54 Arduino Plugin Final formula: 322*25%2f1023 =
              Dec-28 22:42:54 Arduino Plugin Value: 322
              Dec-28 22:42:54 Arduino Plugin Sum = Value*25%2F1023
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ; December 28, 2013, 05:38 PM. Reason: Added more info

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
                Thanks for this plugin it is going to be very useful.

I have started to add analog inputs but having a problem with the sum calculation.
                When adding a divide it keeps changing to %2F and the device value no longer updates.

Here is the log
                I can confirm this is a bug. I guess something has changed with characters in HS3 that has broken this. I will see what I can do to fix it.

Greig.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Arduino Mega 2560 inputs

Hi Greig,
                  Firstly let me say, I do like the new plugin, does make life easier for configuring the pins! It will be a great help to people like me who are new to arduino.
                  Sadly now here is the rub.
                  I have an arduino mega 2560 which I would like to use all pins as inputs but I am able to configure only 30 pins, it does not seem to matter which of the pins I choose but can't configure any more than 30 as digital inputs!
                  This worked fine in HS2.
                  Help would be appreciated, BTW there are no errors in the log if that is of any help.
                  Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Pervez2602 View Post
                    Hi Greig,
                    Firstly let me say, I do like the new plugin, does make life easier for configuring the pins! It will be a great help to people like me who are new to arduino.
                    Sadly now here is the rub.
                    I have an arduino mega 2560 which I would like to use all pins as inputs but I am able to configure only 30 pins, it does not seem to matter which of the pins I choose but can't configure any more than 30 as digital inputs!
                    This worked fine in HS2.
                    Help would be appreciated, BTW there are no errors in the log if that is of any help.
                    Peter
                    HI Peter,

Yes as per the manual the plugin has a limit of 30 input pins per board. The problem is in the ino I have to declare the arrays and that is the max I can create before the arduino runs out of space.
                    I think there is a work around if you use the API.ino and configure just inputs in there but I would have to check as I did this a long time ago and cant remember. If you need help trying the API.ino then just get back to me.

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Quick reply

Thank you Greig for your quick reply, I feel like a complete "numpty". I am now getting the following errors in the log.

Dec-29 9:46:20 AM Arduino Plugin Updating Values on Board No: 1
                      Dec-29 9:46:14 AM Arduino Plugin Updating pins on Board No: 1
                      Dec-29 9:46:14 AM Arduino Plugin Connected to Board No:1 on COM8
                      Dec-29 9:46:07 AM Arduino Plugin Exception in RecievedText: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                      Dec-29 9:46:07 AM Arduino Plugin Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.
                      Dec-29 9:45:05 AM Arduino Plugin Updating Values on Board No: 1
                      Dec-29 9:45:01 AM Arduino Plugin Updating pins on Board No: 1
                      Dec-29 9:45:01 AM Arduino Plugin Connected to Board No:1 on COM8
                      Dec-29 9:44:54 AM Arduino Plugin Exception in RecievedText: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                      Dec-29 9:44:54 AM Arduino Plugin Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.

Dec-29 9:43:53 AM Arduino Plugin Updating Values on Board No: 1
                      Dec-29 9:43:49 AM Arduino Plugin Updating pins on Board No: 1
                      Dec-29 9:43:49 AM Arduino Plugin Connected to Board No:1 on COM8
                      Dec-29 9:43:42 AM Arduino Plugin Exception in RecievedText: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                      Dec-29 9:43:42 AM Arduino Plugin Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.

I am away for a few days so I think I will take the manual and read it!
                      I think the way to go is with the API but would definately need some help. In the mean I hope you enjoy your new year festivities.
                      Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Pervez2602 View Post
                        Thank you Greig for your quick reply, I feel like a complete "numpty". I am now getting the following errors in the log.

Dec-29 9:46:20 AM Arduino Plugin Updating Values on Board No: 1
                        Dec-29 9:46:14 AM Arduino Plugin Updating pins on Board No: 1
                        Dec-29 9:46:14 AM Arduino Plugin Connected to Board No:1 on COM8
                        Dec-29 9:46:07 AM Arduino Plugin Exception in RecievedText: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                        Dec-29 9:46:07 AM Arduino Plugin Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.
                        Dec-29 9:45:05 AM Arduino Plugin Updating Values on Board No: 1
                        Dec-29 9:45:01 AM Arduino Plugin Updating pins on Board No: 1
                        Dec-29 9:45:01 AM Arduino Plugin Connected to Board No:1 on COM8
                        Dec-29 9:44:54 AM Arduino Plugin Exception in RecievedText: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                        Dec-29 9:44:54 AM Arduino Plugin Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.

Dec-29 9:43:53 AM Arduino Plugin Updating Values on Board No: 1
                        Dec-29 9:43:49 AM Arduino Plugin Updating pins on Board No: 1
                        Dec-29 9:43:49 AM Arduino Plugin Connected to Board No:1 on COM8
                        Dec-29 9:43:42 AM Arduino Plugin Exception in RecievedText: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                        Dec-29 9:43:42 AM Arduino Plugin Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.

I am away for a few days so I think I will take the manual and read it!
                        I think the way to go is with the API but would definately need some help. In the mean I hope you enjoy your new year festivities.
                        Peter
                        Hi Peter,

If you have time can you click debug logging on the config page then try to connect to the board again. Then go back to the config page and click the link to download the log and send it to me. Than turn off Debugging.

ta,

Greig
                        Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

http://www.hobbyist.co.nz/?q=documen...o-your-arduino

Comment

RE post No 19

Hi Greig,
                            Will do this after the festivities so probably this time next week! He He.
                            Did try to unistall re-install the plugin but still the same.
                            Peter

Comment

Thanks for the update I am glad someone has commented on it working well.

The DHT11 was removed in replace for the onewire devices for Temp readings.
                              If you want to you can use the API.ino board setup and add it as a device for your own setup. I created this so anyone can add any input device and get the results in HS3.

I have not used jee nodes but I think that one of my beta testers used them on my HS2 script and there should be no difference to the HS3 plugin. I will see if I can find out who it was and get in touch with them again.

Greig.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Greig,

thanks for the plugin.
                                i'm installed today and worked perfect.

i'm testing now to use your plugin with my doorbell.
                                i'm so far now that my Foscam FI9805W make a picture when i'm push the doorbell (doorbell button is a push switch on my breadboard).

Greetz,
                                Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X