***Arduino For HS3 Beta Now Available.***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    Forgive me if I have overlooked it, but I can see the updater_override etc but I cant see the actual Arduino file which I assume needs to be put in the ZIPs folder.

Could this be reattached as my trial has expired
    Hey Travis, just drop the updater_override file in your HS folder, open up the plugin manager and hit update if it doesn't load it for you, the plugin will show up, select and hit install, it will get the files for you no problem...

Comment

I will sit down with a nice stiff drink and make the updates I came up with to the unmodified source file from the HS folder right now. but before I send it over to you I have another idea i'm going to test that if it works, will open up lots of possibilities...

As for what the trouble is with the API board type I'm at a loss. I added in to the base the one wire libs, and the ds18b20 lib, grab the temp in F and send that to HS and it truncates at the decimal.
      Then I tried multiplying it by 100 and setting the display options to 2 decimal places, and they didn't appear to do anything. removed the *100 and it went back to truncating it.

Back to the error I've been getting I will check the new version, Board 2 would be the one running on an arduino BT. One thing worth noting here is that I am not entirely sure that the reset you issue works on this board. When I program it, it requires holding the reset button and letting it go at just the right time, and after programming you get an avrdude out of sync error because it is unable to reset the board. that has to be done manually by power cycle or pressing reset.
      Come to think of it, for this board I did go through and hard code the onewire as enabled, and hardcoded the pin to use for that instead of waiting for it to come from HS. I then made the change in HS to reflect the pin I coded into it.
      I did this in hopes that the plugin would examine the state of the board, see that the onewire flag was already set, and simply move on rather than trying to reset it. I will let you know what I find, though at first glance it is unable to connect. Might be my fault though as I accidentally clicked the delete instance button for the plugin and had to reinstall it...so not sure how much of the definition is left.

Comment

It is definitely board 2, I forgot I re-installed the latest version of my BT drivers so I needed to manually reconnect to recreate the comm port.
        It is obviously tied directly to the receipt of a onewire update.
        I would suggest adding to your debug log something that prints a number to the log at each of the larger steps, then I can enable debug and look and tell you which numbers it is between, then go in and after each command print a sub number like 5.1 5.2 ..... 5.26
        and obviously you can determine how granular to be at each step, it will just go much faster if I'm available to update and check when you have time to work on it. That will allow you to pinpoint where exactly the error is occurring, why however will be up to you from there.

Comment

This may sound a bit odd, but I would swear that I checked my logs first thing this morning as well as lastnight after applying the update and both times that error was showing...now it is no longer occuring or has hidden itself.
          Strangely though, after managing to improve my signal levels, board2 stayed connected 100%, however board 3 which is using a 900Mhz link seemed to have trouble. once it said connection failed, the rest of the time it said disconnected after leaving it for a few hours.

I have made most of the updates I came up with to the sketch, taking a look at the data types though to see if it might be possible to save some time/space there.
          I was just thinking about it and I think I will just send you a link to the file as it is right now because I could come up with ideas for months and end up right back at this point...

The thing with the data types is this, the arduino is an 8bit processor. so to do math on a 16bit number, it's doing much more work than you think since it has to do little chunks of it and put them into the right place before returning the result. Floating point math is particularly difficult, especially division and it requires the chip to jump through alot of hoops to get it done.
          As it stands it is fine timing wise, but from the source I looked through, it looks like you have been or had been attempting to integrate some form of IR control, which is highly timing dependent. I don't know the specifics of HS's timing requirements, but I DO know that it is fairly difficult to get a stable Ir signal with an Arduino....My limited trials with that showed some OK results, but those results were somewhat finicky and something like 1/3 to 1/4 of the sequences would get mangled in some form or another. Also be sure you realize that most remotes I played with would repeat the signal twice for each button press. I would imagine you could blend the two together somehow for matching purposes to bring up the reliability, but I didn't get that far on it since I realized the repeat thing after banging my head on the wall for a while. Haven't had time to get back to that project yet. Check your private messages for a dropbox link.

Comment

hello Greig,

where i can download V1.0.0.18 ?.
            in the first post i'm can only download the updater override and the manuals.

thanks,
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by strongetje View Post
              hello Greig,

where i can download V1.0.0.18 ?.
              in the first post i'm can only download the updater override and the manuals.

thanks,
              Mark
              Putting the updater_override (be sure and download the new one from the first post) file in your HS3 directory, then pressing the "Update Listings" button under manage plug-ins will trigger HS to offer the update. Then HS will download the zip files and install the update.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                Putting the updater_override (be sure and download the new one from the first post) file in your HS3 directory, then pressing the "Update Listings" button under manage plug-ins will trigger HS to offer the update. Then HS will download the zip files and install the update.
                thanks,

before must download the zip file Manuel.

greetz,
                Mark

Comment

I tried the suggested adding the updater stuff, and just get an error saying downloading / installing plugin failed.

Any idea how to fix this as since it has expired I can't use the plugin any more and had a number of important things i was controlling (but now cant).

Thanks.
                  HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Strange that you say that as that was how I grabbed it, but regardless if you open up the override text file it is a comma delimited file, you can take that info and put it together, removing the commas and spaces, and adding a \ before the file you get
                    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7189079/Hom...o_1_0_0_18.zip

which is the latest version.

Comment

I am very happy with the plug-in and will be posting at length about my project at a later date.

I have three items I would like a little help with:
                      1. One of my two Arduino Mega boards, connected by ethernet will quit correctly reporting the status of inputs about once every other day. Usually one input will hang "closed" or low, but it is electrically not in a low state. If I disconnect and reconnect the board from the Device Management page it will correct the problem. I do not ever get a fault that it is having connection problems or has become disconnected. I have created an event for both boards that will send me a pushover message if they ever have connection problems. Do you have any ideas how I might approach finding the cause? I don't think it is the board as the issue has occurred occasionally on the other board, but is most frequent on one.
                      2. I tried my best to get a single 1wire temperature probe to register, but failed. I connected the data line to a single digital pin and configured it in the interface. The ground and +5v were from the Arduino as well. I heated and cooled it, but it never registered. Any ideas?
                      3. Is there a way I can send a reset to the board through the interface or will I need to use scripting and the API? I was thinking in terms of creating an event that might reset the board if an input shows closed for a time greater than it should. This would be to address point 1 above. I found Disconnect and Connect on the control a device entry in the Events page - could "reset" be added as a choice?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        I am very happy with the plug-in and will be posting at length about my project at a later date.

I have three items I would like a little help with:
                        1. One of my two Arduino Mega boards, connected by ethernet will quit correctly reporting the status of inputs about once every other day. Usually one input will hang "closed" or low, but it is electrically not in a low state. If I disconnect and reconnect the board from the Device Management page it will correct the problem. I do not ever get a fault that it is having connection problems or has become disconnected. I have created an event for both boards that will send me a pushover message if they ever have connection problems. Do you have any ideas how I might approach finding the cause? I don't think it is the board as the issue has occurred occasionally on the other board, but is most frequent on one.
                        2. I tried my best to get a single 1wire temperature probe to register, but failed. I connected the data line to a single digital pin and configured it in the interface. The ground and +5v were from the Arduino as well. I heated and cooled it, but it never registered. Any ideas?
                        3. Is there a way I can send a reset to the board through the interface or will I need to use scripting and the API? I was thinking in terms of creating an event that might reset the board if an input shows closed for a time greater than it should. This would be to address point 1 above. I found Disconnect and Connect on the control a device entry in the Events page - could "reset" be added as a choice?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
                        I am going to assume you are using a DS18B20 or one of the derivatives,
                        My guess for the onewire is you have it wired wrong. You have two choices for wiring it up, given the pins 1 2 3 with the flat side towards you, pins down, left to right here are your choices for wiring

tie pins 1 and 3 together and wire to ground
                        wire pin 2 to an arduino input you will also need to tie this pair to +5 using a 5k resistor (4.7k works just fine and may be needed depending on wire length)

This puts the device into parasitic power mode and reduces your wire count by 1, the limits are slightly different but unless you are getting close to them (not likely) you won't notice it.

Option 2 is pictured in the manual for the plugin and is

tie pin 1 to ground
                        tie pin 2 to an arduino input
                        tie pin 3 to +5
                        tie pin 2 to 3 using 4.7k resistor

note that you can add additional devices to the same wires, simply add them on to the same wires, with the resistor on the arduino end, do not add any additional resistors only one is required.
                        For the reset function, I know he already has it programmed in to do a reset on receipt of a particular command, but currently there is no way to initiate it manually, I imagine he will weigh in on this when he gets a chance.

For the ethernet issue, have you set static IP addresses for your boards? If I remember correctly, the library doesn't handle renewing the IP address and that could cause a little hiccup in the connection.

Comment

Originally posted by RawLiquid View Post
                          I am going to assume you are using a DS18B20 or one of the derivatives,
                          My guess for the onewire is you have it wired wrong. You have two choices for wiring it up, given the pins 1 2 3 with the flat side towards you, pins down, left to right here are your choices for wiring

tie pins 1 and 3 together and wire to ground
                          wire pin 2 to an arduino input you will also need to tie this pair to +5 using a 5k resistor (4.7k works just fine and may be needed depending on wire length)

This puts the device into parasitic power mode and reduces your wire count by 1, the limits are slightly different but unless you are getting close to them (not likely) you won't notice it.

Option 2 is pictured in the manual for the plugin and is

tie pin 1 to ground
                          tie pin 2 to an arduino input
                          tie pin 3 to +5
                          tie pin 2 to 3 using 4.7k resistor

note that you can add additional devices to the same wires, simply add them on to the same wires, with the resistor on the arduino end, do not add any additional resistors only one is required.
                          For the reset function, I know he already has it programmed in to do a reset on receipt of a particular command, but currently there is no way to initiate it manually, I imagine he will weigh in on this when he gets a chance.

For the ethernet issue, have you set static IP addresses for your boards? If I remember correctly, the library doesn't handle renewing the IP address and that could cause a little hiccup in the connection.
                          I have an EDS OWServer that this device was connected to, so I know the device is good and it was connected as you describe, though I used all three wires: +5v with a 4.7k pull up to the data line which was connected to pin 22 on the Arduino and ground on the arduino. The device is a DS18B20. I'll try again tonight. I know the plug-in is limited to one 1wire pin per board, do you know if it will accept multiple devices?

The Ethernet is hard coded to a lower block of IPs outside of my DHCP pool. I have reserved 192.168.2.5-192.168.2.19 for devices of this ilk with my Z-troller at .5, Brultech GEM at .7, EDS OWServer at .8 and these boards at .12 and .13 respectively. I have a third Arduino at .14, but it is not currently on the network. 192.168.2.20-192.168.2.149 are for "static" addresses assigned by DHCP reservation and the pool for dynamic devices begins at 192.168.2.150. All of the devices are connected to a fully managed 48-port POE switch. The POE is disabled on the ports used for these boards. There are not any other devices that even hiccup on the wired network.

The board at .13 is the one that hangs most often but .12 has done it on much rarer occasions. Today about 45 minutes ago the board at .12 disconnected and reconnected for no apparent reason.

Comment

Thanks,

I tried it again and it worked now. I am guessing maybe it was a connectivity issue or something similar.

Cheers
                            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                              Thanks,

I tried it again and it worked now. I am guessing maybe it was a connectivity issue or something similar.

Cheers
                              I spent probably a good 3 hours one night banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what I had wrong, then found out my +5 line the wire inside the shielding was broken, with no visible evidence on the shielding.

Back to the issues you are having, I know I have seen a post or two about some serial connection issues. I had put the ip connections on hold temporarily while I did some wiring, and haven't gotten a board put back together for temp monitoring in my son's room. It sounds like your reasonably comfortable with computers in general, have you considered perhaps adding a watchdog function to the sketch? It wouldn't be too difficult to do, and could actually handle your intermittent disconnection problem, and I would think it could handle your issue with hung pins...
                              I wonder if perhaps the issue might be memory related as the sketch he wrote and is providing, is quite the memory hog.
                              If your not familiar enough to attempt to modify what he provides, but want to try while you await an 'official' response, I can certainly help you free up a bit more memory on the arduinos, and I can try and help with a watchdog function. Just let me know your availability and how many of what type pins are in use on each board, along with the mac address (and ip so it's handy).
                              basically all of the info you entered in to the plugin setup screen, plus the hs servers ip. I should be on and off the next few hours if your interested.

Comment

Thanks for offering to help, I guess what I was talking about in is trying to move an serial connected arduino to ethernet. I already have one arduino with a dust sensor connected via the API mode which works well, but what I was keen to do was have a slightly more built API version as I need to have two major things working in my sketch.

My Serial Sketch has a 1-wire connection (to pin 9) and a PWM output pin to pin 3 (I can change these if needed). The 1-wire is pulling temperatures in my greenhouse and outside whilst the PWM is controlling a heat exchanger fan speed.

My actual HS server is at 192.168.46.7 and the IP address of the remote device would likely be 192.168.46.214, with a MAC address of 00:AA:BB:CCE:02 with a port of 8901

I guess the biggest issue is that given my relatively small Arduino board size, there are lots of libraries I don't actually need (e.g. LCD, IR and so on) really all I need are the ethernet, 1-wire and PWM related functions / libraries but I have no idea which sections to remove, and further starting with the API board is harder as I would have to add in PWM functions (as it only seems to have ON / OFF).

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Comment

Working...
                                X