Logitech Harmony Ultimate (Hub) Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mpovolo View Post
    I'm curious what everyone is doing with this HS integration with the hub. I guess I can trigger events to have the hub do things on my home theatre like mute the TV. Just wondering how others are using it?

thanks
    I havent really decided yet either...I am kinda hoping that i can have an activity, like watch movie kick off an event and set lights accordingly. beyond that, i guess my security system could send the Power Off command. Neither is really overly valuable...but we'll see.
    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
      If I do the suggested solution (with Play/Pause added) I will have a stable version next week including all new features like:
      - much faster response (10 times or more)
      - custom activity images support
      - multiple hub support (3)
      - bug resolution
      Yes, Rien, I would suggest starting with your approach...that should be enough of a teaser for some of us to evaluate and figure out how we can use this as well as a good proof of concept moving forward.
      HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

It is possible (I think) but this wil cost me days or weeks extra before I figure out how to do it and get it stable. Maybe even months, because after this (free)week, my work and the Worldcup football will take most of my spare time and after that I will be on vacation......

If I do the suggested solution (with Play/Pause added) I will have a stable version next week including all new features like:
        - bug resolution
        I totally understand. There's always the next version! Keep it up. Things are looking great.

Comment

Honestly, I was hoping that the plugin would allow me to have the extra granularity in my activities that I cannot get through MyHarmony. It does not appear that I would get any extra granularity through the plugin versus MyHarmony at this point though. Still seems like a very useful plugin, I can think of several ways to tie it in to the overall home automation scheme through events even if you use the remote itself most of the time.

Examples would be:

Occupancy goes to 0 but TV is on, trigger Off activity
          On Vacation? Turn the TV on for a bit in the evening as part of your occupancy simulation
          Takes a while for your projector or HT to fire up? Kick off the activity before you go up so that everything is ready to go when you sit down.

Things like that.

Other ideas folks have? Would love to hear them.

Comment

It is possible (I think) but this wil cost me days or weeks extra before I figure out how to do it and get it stable. Maybe even months, because after this (free)week, my work and the Worldcup football will take most of my spare time and after that I will be on vacation......

- bug resolution
            I'm good with this approach. Keep up the good work.

Comment

**Good News**

After some brainstorming with my son, I managed to get it working like many of you would like !!!

It's now possible to issue any IR command supported by a device from an event (action). Even custom IR commands from custom devices can be issued. (see screenshot)

Give me some time to test on stability and expect a release end of this week.
              Attached Files
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

looking good Rien, that was what I am looking for , btw Hub 2 has arrived today.

regards

Bart
                Regards Bart
                ------------------------------------------
                Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                HSPRO 3.
                Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

**Good News**

After some brainstorming with my son, I managed to get it working like many of you would like !!!

It's now possible to issue any IR command supported by a device from an event (action). Even custom IR commands from custom devices can be issued. (see screenshot)

Give me some time to test on stability and expect a release end of this week.
                  Wow, you rock!! that is perfect!

Comment

Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Rien,

As already communicated, Functioning great now with use of 3 hubs . the discrete commands via events work also fine. However see something strange but not sure why this happens, I dont think its related to the plugin.

As state i also control 2 airco units in my house. And i would like to power them on or off via the hubs. I cannot use the Poweroff and poweronn command via events, Then nothing happens on the hub (no blinking led) when the event triggers. However when i duplicate the On and off command in the harmony software as e.g. on_2 and on_2 and learn the commands, it works when these commands are selected.

greetz

Bart
                      Regards Bart
                      ------------------------------------------
                      Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                      HSPRO 3.
                      Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Huge Huge speed increase. Activities trigger 1sec later. However for some reason I do not see any devices listed. I rescan for devises but picks up 0 for all 3 of my hubs? Note: I upgraded the firmware on the remotes the other day to the latest and greatest so I don't know if that has anything to do with it?

BTW already added "watch TV" to my vacation mode for both the TV in the familyRoom and Bedroom.

Comment

I too am having this problem, where the plugin finds no devices. The main root device is also reporting an issue:
                          Code:
                          LOGITECH WEB SERVICE LOGIN : FAILURE ERROR : harmonyWebServiceLogin : Logitech web service response does not contain a login authorization token
                          It didn't have this issue before the update, but I can't definitively say the problem manifested with the update as I haven't been tinkering with it on a regular basis. It's certainly possible some other issue popped up...

Comment

Hi,

I think I might know what the issue is, because I don't have this problem myself

Please set the password again in the hub config and save it.

In this release the password is encrypted, so it expects an encrypted password in the ini file (you can check this in the ini file, to be sure)

Please let me know if this solves your issue, if not please sent me the log file with debug on and the HarmonyHub.ini to the email address stated in the doc file.
                            Regards,

Rien du Pre
                            The Netherlands
                            Using:
                            Plugin's:
                            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Just tried and still no success. Here's the log entries when trying:
                              Code:
                              Jun-20 11:52:19 AM	 	Harmony Hub	Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Devices output for :Hub1: HARMONY COMMUNICATION LOGIN : FAILUREERROR : connectToHarmony : Unable to connect to specified IP Address on specified Port-
                              Jun-20 11:51:57 AM	 	Harmony Hub	Plugin: Harmony Hub Test path C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HarmonyHub\Password: <REDACTED>

Comment

please sent me your HarmonyHub.ini, so I can check for any issues.

I just installed the plug-in on a 'clean' machine and everything worked, so there must be something gone wrong during the upgrade.
                                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                                The Netherlands
                                Using:
                                Plugin's:
                                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X