Logitech Harmony Ultimate (Hub) Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey!

Sorry for the late reply - work's been crazy.
    I did confirm that I can send discrete codes to specific devices - that's pretty easy. The one thing that I'm struggling with right now, is actually turning my working code into an HS3 plugin. I've looked at the sample plugins posted by HS, and they could really use some comments! I'm not sure what is part of the "sample" versus what is actually a required part of the plugin.

Give me some time to struggle through that. I have a long weekend coming up, so hopefully I'll get some time to look into it more.

Comment

same problem here...., I am working on a Plugin/Script to interface a "smart" thermostat. But im creating a script now for the time being, because the plugins are a bridge to far dor me right now.

HMM, than maybe you can help we with a code snippit. For my script I need to parse JSON, now i Just search for text in the json code to get the values i need but thats not a nice solution. How do you interpret JSON?

regards

Bart
      Regards Bart
      ------------------------------------------
      Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
      HSPRO 3.
      Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

I just purchased a Harmony Smart remote and I will love this plugin ... thanks for all your efforts

Comment

Big,

Do you need any assistance? I made several hs3 scripts in the weeks before. Also for testing, im also thinking about buying a second hub for my bedroom.

Regards

Bart
          Regards Bart
          HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Just checking to see if this plugin is finished yet? Hah. Seriously though, would this be able to turn PS3, Wii, and other bluetooth controlled devices on/off--or is this just an IR kinda deal?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
              HMM, than maybe you can help we with a code snippit. For my script I need to parse JSON, now i Just search for text in the json code to get the values i need but thats not a nice solution. How do you interpret JSON?

Bart
              Bart - use Newtonsoft's JSON parser. It's part of the NUGet libraries in VS. It's a great tool for parsing JSON structures. Also, if you're running VS2013 then you can copy the JSON structure and "Paste Special" and it will paste a VB.NET class structure for you (an essential component for parsing JSON).

I'm trying to work out the JSON structure for the Harmony right ow and it's pretty complex. Like bigbrorpi I can get a list of activities (Watch TV, Play Music, etc) but getting a list of all commands into a structure so I can make them available to a plugin is proving tricky.
              Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Big,

Have u made any progress on the plugin? sorry for my inpatience lol, just getting exited. Otherwise im planning to try something myself next week.

regards

bart
                Regards Bart
                HSPRO 3.

Comment

Sorry for the delay here - I've been off the grid. The code that I have for the Harmony piece of things works just fine, but last time I looked at it, I was really struggling with the HomeSeer API. I looked at the examples, but just didn't have time to really figure out how to make it work. I wasn't planning on charging for this - would anyone be interesting in trying to get my Harmony code working as a plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrorpi View Post
                    Sorry for the delay here - I've been off the grid. The code that I have for the Harmony piece of things works just fine, but last time I looked at it, I was really struggling with the HomeSeer API. I looked at the examples, but just didn't have time to really figure out how to make it work. I wasn't planning on charging for this - would anyone be interesting in trying to get my Harmony code working as a plugin?
                    Drop me an email at gavin at highpeak dot co dot za and let's chat. I'm happy to try and work together to get this running as a plugin.

Last time I had a look at this (using pyharmony) it was possible to trigger and action on the remote but not an individual command for specific device. If things have progressed since then, then I think this may make a good plugin.
                    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

hi big,

i would also like to test and or create a plugin, however also new to plugin building. however scripting can be done by me. made several extensive script for controlling smart thermostats, hues etc. So yes im interested in your work until now. bartbakels at ziggo.nl

regards

Bart
                      Regards Bart
                      HSPRO 3.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just ordered a Logitech Harmony Smart Control with hub, so I am very interested in this functionality.....

Please keep us posted of the progress and let me know if you need beta testers...
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I too would be interested

I would be interested in this plugin as well.

Comment

I will follow up on this one as well, I have started moving everything in my house to these remotes and would be very excited to see a plugin that would let me trigger events and such through the Hub's so that all my remotes can still be used and they stay in sync while triggering things through HS.

Comment

any news? :P:P
                              Regards Bart
                              HSPRO 3.

Comment

Hi everyone -

Wow, I've been really bad at checking this - I'm so sorry.
                                I had some hope that I'd get around to this, but honestly, I just don't see it happening. A few of you posted an interest in taking this over. I know that you can control devices individually by parsing the config file that's returned in JSON format. I've parsed it for activities, but events for specific devices are definitely possible.

My code is sadly in VB .NET (would've preferred C# - not sure why I went with VB). Whoever is willing to finish this is more than welcome - please email me directly at bigbrorpi at gmail dot com. Please also let me know if you plan on charging for the completed plugin.

Thanks!

B

Comment

Working...
                                X