Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monoprice Matrix HDMI Switch (HDX-402E/404E)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monoprice Matrix HDMI Switch (HDX-402E/404E)

This is a plugin that controls a couple of models of Matrix HDMI switches from Monoprice. These switches can be controlled via front panel buttons, IR signal, or over a serial cable. This plugin uses serial to control the switch. It can also receive status message from the switches.

4x2 switch: http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_...seq=1&format=2
    4x4 switch: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Multiple devices are added to Homeseer. One for controlling the power and memory settings of the switch and one for each of the outputs. This screenshot is from a 4x2 switch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mp01.png
Views:	1
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1206892

For this ALPHA version there is no GUI for setup. Copy the ini file from the zip to your <homeseer>\Config directory and edit as appropriate.

Code:
    [Switches]
    Monoprice HDX402=tcp,192.168.1.33:4001
    The text in front of the '=' symbol is the name of the switch as it will appear in Homeseer's list of devices. The values after the '=' symbol represent the connection type: 'serial' or 'tcp', followed by the addressort. For serially attached switches use the following format:

Code:
    [Switches]
    Monoprice HDX402=serial,COM:1
    After the plugin has discovered a Matrix switch (or switches) it creates triggers for events based on outputs changing, inputs becoming available, etc.

Name:	Mp02.png
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1206893

It also creates actions for controlling the switch. Eg power up/down, change output, etc.

Name:	Mp03.png
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1206894

The Monoprice switches have an unusual serial port configuration. People on various home automation and A/V fora have reported different findings. The cable pinout that's working for me is a DB9-DB9 with pins 2 & 3 crossed but all other pins straight-thru. A kind of half null-modem cable! ;-)

To install the plugin, simply drop the exe in your Homeseer directory and the ini in your config directory

N.B. I have only tested this so far on a Linux install of HS3 with my Monoprice switch connected to serial server, not a physical COM port. I expect it to work just fine under Windows. Physical serial ports under Linux will probably not work due to limitations of Mono. For the release version I will likely block serial config if the plugin detects that it is running on Linux.

For this ALPHA release, there is no config GUI and you cannot set Switch Device statuses as event conditions. I hope to add support for this soon.

Cheers
    David

Updated to 3.0.0.1
    HSPI_drhs_Monoprice HDX.zip
    Last edited by drule; September 9, 2014, 05:08 PM. Reason: Updated attachment

The Monoprice links appear to be bad. I get their 404.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      The Monoprice links appear to be bad. I get their 404.
      Here are the URLs for the supported Monoprice HDMI Matrix switches

4x2
      4x4
      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
        Here are the URLs for the supported Monoprice HDMI Matrix switches

4x2
        4x4
        Thanks, I updated the links in the first post too.

-David

Comment

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

And are you plugging the serial cable directly into your homeseer server, or can it go through a serial to ethernet adapter like the global cache one?

Comment

Originally posted by ckellyusa View Post
            http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

And are you plugging the serial cable directly into your homeseer server, or can it go through a serial to ethernet adapter like the global cache one?
            From the documentation, it looks like that switch uses a different set of commands. I'm sure the plugin can be made to support it but I'd need to borrow one for a short while for testing.

Yes, the plugin can be used with a serial to Ethernet adapter like the Global Cache one. In fact, all my testing so far has been conducted through a Vlinx serial to Ethernet adapter.

-David

Comment

Where are you located? I have a few of those matrix's that are sitting around because one thing or another has failed on them. If I have one that can still power up, I can send it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by ckellyusa View Post
                Where are you located? I have a few of those matrix's that are sitting around because one thing or another has failed on them. If I have one that can still power up, I can send it to you.
                I'm in New Jersey.

-David

Comment

I did as instructed and configured the .ini files as follows

[Switches]
                  Monoprice HDMI Matrix=serial,3
                  [Debug]
                  Watchdog=10

I can confirm that it's connected to serial port 3 on the same machine as HS3 and that it works with the IP/serial plugin. I restarted HS3 but no devices show up. Any idea what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                    I did as instructed and configured the .ini files as follows

[Switches]
                    Monoprice HDMI Matrix=serial,3
                    [Debug]
                    Watchdog=10

I can confirm that it's connected to serial port 3 on the same machine as HS3 and that it works with the IP/serial plugin. I restarted HS3 but no devices show up. Any idea what I'm doing wrong.
                    It wasn't enabled. Enabled it but get this error "Fatal: Failed getting Interface Status from drhsMonoprice-the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces"

Comment

Should it be "...serial,com:3"?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

That's what is was. Also notice that it should have been com:2 not com:3. It now says status is OK but I keep getting this in the log "OpenSerialPort Exception: Access to the port 'com2' is denied."

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                          That's what is was. Also notice that it should have been com:2 not com:3. It now says status is OK but I keep getting this in the log "OpenSerialPort Exception: Access to the port 'com2' is denied."
                          Have you checked that the port isn't already open, perhaps by the Serial / IP Plugin or something else?
                          cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                            Have you checked that the port isn't already open, perhaps by the Serial / IP Plugin or something else?
                            Agreed, sounds like you might have the port open elsewhere.

-David

Comment

Just updated to version 3.0.0.1 to fix a bug that caused some of the buttons in the device view to not function. If you have already installed 3.0.0.0, you will need to delete your existing switch devices and restart the plugin.

-David

Comment

Working...
                              X