Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monoprice Matrix HDMI Switch (HDX-402E/404E)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yap that's what it was the IP/serial plugin was using the com port. I disable that plugin and updated the monoprice plugin to the latest version and got this on HS3 start up "Calling SetIOMulti in plugin drhsMonoprice:Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow" I'm also not able to control the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
      Just updated to version 3.0.0.1 to fix a bug that caused some of the buttons in the device view to not function. If you have already installed 3.0.0.0, you will need to delete your existing switch devices and restart the plugin.

-David
      David

Looks like 3.0.0.1 has fixed the button problems that I was experiencing.

Cheers James
      cheeryfool

Comment

Still can't figure this out

Hi David,

I'm having a pretty significant problem. I've searched the board, I re-read all the posts in this thread. I googled, searched on other home automation discussion boards. I simply can't figure this out. This is critical information I am searching for. This information could have serious repercussions on the future of this plugin, homeseer, and technology as we know it. It's pretty complicated. There is research, analysis, and even soul searching required to uncover this information. If you can spare just a little more time, perhaps you could help out? The information I need is... now keep in mind, I am not an accomplished programmer, but I'll try to describe what I need in non-technical terms. What I need to know is what exactly, with respect to the current season, is your favorite beer?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
          Hi David,

I'm having a pretty significant problem. I've searched the board, I re-read all the posts in this thread. I googled, searched on other home automation discussion boards. I simply can't figure this out. This is critical information I am searching for. This information could have serious repercussions on the future of this plugin, homeseer, and technology as we know it. It's pretty complicated. There is research, analysis, and even soul searching required to uncover this information. If you can spare just a little more time, perhaps you could help out? The information I need is... now keep in mind, I am not an accomplished programmer, but I'll try to describe what I need in non-technical terms. What I need to know is what exactly, with respect to the current season, is your favorite beer?

That's very kind of you. I'm rather partial to a drop of Fuller's London Pride. If ever you're in the NY/NJ area, I know a number of bars that sell it on tap.

-David

Comment

That's very kind of you. I'm rather partial to a drop of Fuller's London Pride. If ever you're in the NY/NJ area, I know a number of bars that sell it on tap.

-David
            I've got a bother-in-law in Jersey, perhaps I will have a chance to buy you that beer. At any rate, thanks for writing this plugin. It is very nice to have 2way control of this switch with homeseer. Hopefully it integrates nicely with HSTouch. One problem I noticed once with both 3.0.0.0 and 3.0.0.1 that it was crashed after a couple of days of leaving hs alone. Do you think there is any reason it would not run well on windows server 2012?

Could I run it remotely?

Thanks again!

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

One problem I noticed once with both 3.0.0.0 and 3.0.0.1 that it was crashed after a couple of days of leaving hs alone. Do you think there is any reason it would not run well on windows server 2012?

Could I run it remotely?

Thanks again!
              There's no reason I can think of why it shouldn't run nicely on Windows Server 2012, or any reason why it would crash after a couple of days. Are there any corresponding error messages in Homeseer's log? If you are running in debug mode, are there any messages in the plugin's console? What's your setup - physical COM port, or serial server?

Thanks
              -David

Comment

I've got a bother-in-law in Jersey,

Thanks again!
                let me know where and ill join yas...
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

There's no reason I can think of why it shouldn't run nicely on Windows Server 2012, or any reason why it would crash after a couple of days. Are there any corresponding error messages in Homeseer's log? If you are running in debug mode, are there any messages in the plugin's console? What's your setup - physical COM port, or serial server?

Thanks
                  -David
                  Hi David, I am using a physical com port. I will enable debug and check for messages.

Originally posted by TeleFragger
                  let me know where and ill join yas...
                  That's three!

Comment

That's three!

Originally posted by rjdevries
                    Thanks a bunch for all your efforts [drule], if you're ever in NYC, I'll buy you a beer
                    I am in and so is rjdevries
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Still crashing

Here is a partial screenshot of the crash, how do I enable debug? Under debug in the ini file I have watchdog=10.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I meant to say "developer mode". This will make the plugin (all plugins in fact) open up a command window, the contents of which may help me figure out where this is going wrong for you.

-David

Click image for larger version

Name:	ippxx.png
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1174857

Comment

OK, I finally got around to capturing the console when this crashes.

Check out the attached txt file.

Thanks again for this plugin!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Drule,

Any idea what is going on with my issue? Is it possible that the rs232 cable is not correct?

Comment

Thought I downloaded this plugin for HS2 version somewhere but I realize it only seems to exist for HS3. That must be why we are getting error when trying to connect to the comport ( see problem detailled below ) :

HEy guys !

I've read a couple threads with the problem we are having regarding our monoprice 4x4 serial hdmi matrix. We can communicate with the matric with the small Windows software so it's homeseer related.

Basically, the matrix cannot speak with the plugin which is configured to the right com port ( com11 ).

Exception in COM:11: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. 2015-01-26 22:30:32 DR Monoprice HDX Plugin Connection failed! Watchdog timer restarting thread for matrix

We get that in a loop when watchdog is activated. We also tried the IP / Serial plugin and it makes our homeseer crash whe sending a command. We seen a couple threads about this but no apparent solution for the hs2 version.

We tried 2 different USB2Serial adapters to make sure it was not a compatibility issue but since the Windows test software controls it just fine, we grayed this option out.

Any idea ?
                              Thx

Anyone can help us ? We have a setup that has no way to reach the matrix, homeseer control would be so simple. Hs2 latest version installed.

Thx guys !

Comment

Note, the IP/Serial plugin for HS2 also gives us an homeseer crash on my command sent from it even thought this one seems to be initializing fine.

I noticed a lot of users had the crash on hs2, anyone can tell me how they got over it ?

thx

Comment

Working...
                                X