HS3 MySensors.org plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas Temperature Sensor Node Trouble

I have been having more and more problems getting the Temperature sensor to work. I have been uninstalling, reinstalling, starting, stopping, deleting, reinstalling, etc. the plug-in, the nodes, etc. multiple times. About 1 out of 10 times I go thru this the node and temperature device will properly install and work for a while then start showing -136 d or some such number and quite working. Other times only the node device gets installed but not the temperature device. One time the temperature device showed up but there was no associated node. If I do get things working consistently then if I power down a node and restart it it does not work anymore. I have tried three different arduinos and three different transceivers.

I did have the temperature node working well a couple of week ago and it worked fine for several weeks then I stopped using it for a while and uninstalled the plug-in. After trying to reinstall yesterday I now having these problems. I am about to give up on this but thought I would ask for suggestions for things to try.

I tried the door sensor and it works fine. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Art

Comment

Have you tried changing the DS18B20? I had one that made a lot of trouble. It went to the bin and all my problems were solved.

Regards
      Morten

Comment

What is in the logs?
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by hleidecker View Post
          I'm working on a new release with support for 1.5 and additional sensors e.g. S_IR.

The issues reported by Al seems to originate from a number of different sources. I have unfortunately not been able to reproduce any of the issues so far.
          Hi Henrik,

Any update? If I disable the two Sensebender nodes, I don't seem to have the same failures. These are my only battery powered nodes, so I'm wondering if the issue may be related to the sending of the battery levels.

Thanks
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by mhn View Post
            Have you tried changing the DS18B20? I had one that made a lot of trouble. It went to the bin and all my problems were solved.

Regards
            Morten
            Must be the problem because I tried the arduino library sketch and no readings. I only have one so I ordered some and will try swapping. Thanks.
            Originally posted by artart88 View Post
            I have been having more and more problems getting the Temperature sensor to work. I have been uninstalling, reinstalling, starting, stopping, deleting, reinstalling, etc. the plug-in, the nodes, etc. multiple times. About 1 out of 10 times I go thru this the node and temperature device will properly install and work for a while then start showing -136 d or some such number and quite working. Other times only the node device gets installed but not the temperature device. One time the temperature device showed up but there was no associated node. If I do get things working consistently then if I power down a node and restart it it does not work anymore. I have tried three different arduinos and three different transceivers.

I did have the temperature node working well a couple of week ago and it worked fine for several weeks then I stopped using it for a while and uninstalled the plug-in. After trying to reinstall yesterday I now having these problems. I am about to give up on this but thought I would ask for suggestions for things to try.

I tried the door sensor and it works fine. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Art

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello Henrik,

Is there any change that a Ethernet controller or Wi-Fi controller is supported for Homeseer.

Thanks Ed

Comment

Hi Ed,

I've looked into support of the ethernet controller long time ago but stopped again due to the unreliable (to my understanding) ethernet modules.

The development activities for the MySensors plugin have been on the low side recently but I will have a look at the ethernet controller support when I get back to it.

Cheers,
                Henrik
                Last edited by hleidecker; December 6, 2015, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Hi

I'm new to the MySensors plugin, however I have troubles getting started.

I have installed the plugin according to the instructions (I think )

I am getting the Warning: On the plugin page:
                  Warning: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from My Sensors -

I have an Arduino Micro Connected to the USB port on the computer.

It's running on a Win 7 32 Bit OS. As a virtual machine.

Could anyone please advice on how to proceed?

/Steffen

PS: The system has been restarted several times.

EDIT:
                  I'm not getting the: S_CONTROLLER Device.
                  /Edit
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hopefully someone who is running inside a vm will stop by and help.
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Hello Henrik,

You have made the MQTT Bridge should this working for Homeseer!

Greet Ed

Comment

Hi Daigaard.

To me it looks like the plugin can not connect to the gate. Are you sure the COM port is working?

Regards
                        Morten

Comment

Any way to integrate this with RFID? I've been on this room by room proximity research kick for a while and see a solution where I could have a small reader that I would just scan whenever I get near it. Loving the idea of using a NFC ring.

Comment

Originally posted by mhn View Post
                            Hi Daigaard.

To me it looks like the plugin can not connect to the gate. Are you sure the COM port is working?

Regards
                            Morten

I'm a little unsure how to test, the port is detected by the computer. I have other ports setup the same way for other system (Z-Wave, X10) so from a setup point of view it should work.

But I'm new to MySensors, so I'm unsure if the serial gate way works as intended. I have programmed it trough Codebender, but not tested, as I wanted to connect to HS before adding any sensors.

I'll try to se if I can test "off-line" without HS interaction.

/Steffen

Comment

I've been running the plugin in a virtual machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Daigaard View Post
                                I'm a little unsure how to test, the port is detected by the computer. I have other ports setup the same way for other system (Z-Wave, X10) so from a setup point of view it should work.

But I'm new to MySensors, so I'm unsure if the serial gate way works as intended. I have programmed it trough Codebender, but not tested, as I wanted to connect to HS before adding any sensors.

I'll try to se if I can test "off-line" without HS interaction.

/Steffen

I'm a little further, I now have confirmed that the Com Port is working. (See picture below, from CodeBender "terminal".)

I'm getting communication from the Gateway trough the port, that the radio is working.

However I still have the issue that HS gives me the same warning as described above. Is it possible to enable any kind of debugging mode in the plug-in to see what is happening? Or can I have made a mistake in the plug-in installation that would cause this error?

/Steffen
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X