• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Work!
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Sorry for the late reply.

@Mattyjee

Very nice work. Thank you for the pictures.

The plugin supports 255 nodes. I currently have no plans for implementing a commercial license. The reasons for having the expiration date is to ensure that the latest version is the one being used. I will not abandon the plugin and let it expire.

@ServiceXP

1) Battery information - yes, this is the way it is currently implemented. One solution would be to only show battery information when information has actually has been received (as you implicitly suggests).

2) The currently released plugin contains a bug related to the deletion of nodes - you are not able to include a node with a removed node id without a restart. This is fixed in the development branch, but has exposed another issue. The MySensors object is not removed - the continuous communication, that you have observed, is a related symptom. This is blocking element for a new release.

3) No, and do not foresee that linking sketch name and version to the location parameters will be implemented. I do see the need to make this information available somehow ... maybe through additional devices, but I would prefer to provide access to some kind of data store instead.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        I just tried it with a relay sensor and the standard relay sketch, and even though I can control it, the status graphics don't change.

Let me know if you need any debug info.

Thanks
        Al
        Hi Henrik,

I still have this issue. Anything I can do to help troubleshoot? I can control the relays with no problem from HS' device management page, but the statuses/values in HS do not change. They always show as off.

Thanks
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi Henrik,

I still have this issue. Anything I can do to help troubleshoot? I can control the relays with no problem from HS' device management page, but the statuses/values in HS do not change. They always show as off.

Thanks
          Al

Did you see post 168? The stardard MySensors relay sketch will not work, you have to modify it. An example is in post 168; the explanation is in post 167. I had to modify all of my relay sketches.
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
            Did you see post 168? The stardard MySensors relay sketch will not work, you have to modify it. An example is in post 168; the explanation is in post 167. I had to modify all of my relay sketches.
            Thanks, I probably did see it, but forgotten

I'm having trouble compiling it. Are you using the standard MySensors library or do I need to use the dev version?

Cheers
            Al

NM Got it to compile. Need to have a coffee first.

EDIT: Thanks, the status in HS is updating correctly now.
            Last edited by sparkman; June 28, 2015, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I probably did see it, but forgotten

I'm having trouble compiling it. Are you using the standard MySensors library or do I need to use the dev version?

Cheers
              Al

NM Got it to compile. Need to have a coffee first.

Standard 1.4.1.

What's the error?
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                Standard 1.4.1.

What's the error?
                Got it fixed, thanks and the relays are working properly. The error was between the keyboard and chair :-) Some coffee fixed that.

Thanks
                Al

Comment

Hi Henrik,

There are some projects on the MySensors forum (here's on example: http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/153...hift-registers) that have the ability to retrieve values from Vera as variables to be used in the sketch using the V_VAR1, etc. sub-types. Are you planning to support something similar with the HS plugin?

Thanks
                  Al

Comment

I would like to add +1 to Al's request..
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Hi Henrik,

I was playing with some sketches today which included retrieving the time from the controller. Typically it's working well, but the plugin has crashed a few times. It looks to be related to the time requests as I've not seen these failures until today. Let me know what info you'd like me to grab to help troubleshoot.

Thanks
                      Al
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by sparkman; July 2, 2015, 09:16 PM.

Comment

@sparkman

I've never seen a crash related to time requests and one of my test sensors is using it. Can you try to remove the time request, if you are able to consistently reproduce (more or less) the crash, and check whether or not this solves the issue? Please also post the sketch you are using. I will check the code to see if I can identify some potential issues..

Regarding the V_VAR values. Some of the already support sensors use the V_VAR values. I'm aware of that Vera exposes V_VAR values for sensors even though they are not part of the protocol - allowing sensors to provide values not specified in the protocol.
                        Do you have any suggestions for how to make this information available in HomeSeer? I would like to avoid having a device for each V_VAR value. This is back to the idea of implementing some kind of data store with API access.

Best regards,
                        Henrik

Comment

I have a question. If I've done an inclusion and created a device lets say for example on Node 5 Child 3, and then I delete that device in homeseer, how can I re-create the device? It seems that the inclusion only works for new node/child combos - it won't recreate any missing devices.

Is there somewhere else I need to reset the list of created devices or do you need to modify the plugin to be able to recreate existing devices?

Cheers.

I see this mysensors stuff as 'the poor man's zwave' - except it's better and cheaper! I love being able to completely customise what I am trying to create. I've decided to throw away my zwave motorised blind controllers and replace with a home made arduino version.

Comment

There is a bug, in that you need to restart the plug-in to:

1) stop the plug-in from communicating with the deleted sensor.
                            2) allow the re-inclusion of the sensor.

So anytime you delete a sensor, you need to manual restart the plug-in.

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
                            I have a question. If I've done an inclusion and created a device lets say for example on Node 5 Child 3, and then I delete that device in homeseer, how can I re-create the device? It seems that the inclusion only works for new node/child combos - it won't recreate any missing devices.

Is there somewhere else I need to reset the list of created devices or do you need to modify the plugin to be able to recreate existing devices?

Cheers.

I see this mysensors stuff as 'the poor man's zwave' - except it's better and cheaper! I love being able to completely customise what I am trying to create. I've decided to throw away my zwave motorised blind controllers and replace with a home made arduino version.
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by hleidecker View Post
                              I've never seen a crash related to time requests and one of my test sensors is using it. Can you try to remove the time request, if you are able to consistently reproduce (more or less) the crash, and check whether or not this solves the issue? Please also post the sketch you are using. I will check the code to see if I can identify some potential issues..
                              Hi Henrik, I commented the time requests out last night and so far the plugin has not crashed. I've attached the sketch I'm building. Let me know if something jumps out at you.

Originally posted by hleidecker View Post
                              Regarding the V_VAR values. Some of the already support sensors use the V_VAR values. I'm aware of that Vera exposes V_VAR values for sensors even though they are not part of the protocol - allowing sensors to provide values not specified in the protocol.
                              Do you have any suggestions for how to make this information available in HomeSeer? I would like to avoid having a device for each V_VAR value. This is back to the idea of implementing some kind of data store with API access.
                              I'm thinking that separate devices for each V_VAR value would likely be the best way to go as that way they could be manipulated and accesses by other standard HS processes (events, scripts, etc.). With device grouping, it should not make things too cluttered. Would the sensor need to present the V_VAR value to make it work, or could you provide an option to configure a MS device in HS to have one or multiple V_VAR child devices? In the example I referenced (complete sketch is here: https://github.com/mysensors/Arduino...Controller.ino), one of the values retrieved is the run-time of the sprinkler. To me, it would be important that a value like that is easily adjusted through scripts or events.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
                              Al

PS One thing to note is that when I was playing with the sketch yesterday, I was retrieving time much more often. I was planning to use the time retrieval as a heart-beat to ensure the sprinkler controller was still communicating with HS and if communication was lost for more than an hour, change the way the sprinkler controller was operating.

EDIT: Ran the sketch most of the day without the time request function and did not have one crash. I added the time request function back in and have had a couple of crashes since.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by sparkman; July 3, 2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Hi Henrik,

One additional request . Please add support for S_WATER along with V_FLOW, V_VOLUME and V_VAR1 sub-types. I'm working on integrating a water meter in my sprinkler controller, to measure how much water I'm using for irrigation and also to be able to detect a stuck sprinkler valve (i.e. when the zones are all off, there should be no water flow and if there is flow, there is something wrong).

Thanks
                                Al

Comment

Working...
                                X