No announcement yet.

HS3 MySensors.org plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from MySensors - the interface was not found

Hi,
    i get this a lot in the pluginslist:

"WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from MySensors - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

Sometimes a restart of HS makes it disappear. Worst case a reinstall is necessarily.

Version 1.0.5687.23871

Current Date/Time: 23.02.2016 19:34:26
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.217
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station

Comment

I've gotten that error a few times, but I've never had to do a re-install. Just re-enable the plug-in takes care of it for me.
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

How to you change the configuration from C to F for the my sensor devices? I already have Homeseer set to F but all my my sensor devices are showing in C not F.

Comment

Under the device node.
          Attached Files
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Soil Moisture

Does this plugin support the soil moisture sketch for this sensor?

The arduino and sensor appears to be working as I can see data flowing through the serial monitor.

When I added the device to HS3 it added one node MySensors.S_HUM

However, it has not updated itself since I added it. I've put the sensor in a plant that was quite dry and then in a glass of water. No data is coming through in HS3
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ; March 12, 2016, 06:08 PM. Reason: adding more detail

Comment

I've checked the moisture sketch at mysensors.org:

http://www.mysensors.org/build/moisture

The sketch presents the moisture node as S_MOTION and the child sensor value is V_TRIPPED (binary) - not S_HUM. Both S_HUM and S_MOTION are supported by the plugin.

Please link to the sketch you are using. You state that data is flowing through the serial port. Please post some debug data.

Best regards,
              Henrik

Comment

I have attached the sketch from the mysensors library that I am using. For some reason it looks different that the one on the mysensors moisture sensor page http://www.mysensors.org/build/moisture

Also attaching 10 mins from my HS3 log. it is device 7. Let me know if this is not the right kind of log you were looking for.

Here is what comes through on the arduino serial monitor

send: 7-7-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=2,l=2,sg=0,st=ok:0
                send: 7-7-0-0 s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=5,sg=0,st=ok:1.5.4
                send: 7-7-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,st=ok:0
                read and drop: 7-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
                read: 0-0-7 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:M
                sensor started, id=7, parent=0, distance=1
                send: 7-7-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=25,sg=0,st=ok:Soil Moisture Sensor Reve
                send: 7-7-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,st=ok:1.0
                send: 7-7-0-0 s=0,c=0,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
                10 10 0 10 10 0 0 10 10 0 6
                0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -11 0 0 -1
                resistance bias =7
                sensor bias compensated value = 2

send: 7-7-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=37,pt=4,l=4,sg=0,st=fail:2
                12 12 12 12 12 0 0 12 0 12 8
                0 0 0 -12 -12 0 0 0 0 0 -2
                resistance bias =10
                sensor bias compensated value = 3

send: 7-7-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=37,pt=4,l=4,sg=0,st=fail:3
                0 12 12 12 12 0 0 12 12 12 8
                0 0 -12 0 0 -12 0 0 -12 0 -3
                resistance bias =11

12 12 0 0 0 0 12 12 12 12 7
                -12 0 -12 0 0 -12 0 0 -12 0 -4
                resistance bias =11
                sensor bias compensated value = 1

send: 7-7-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=37,pt=4,l=4,sg=0,st=fail:1
                0 0 12 12 0 12 0 0 0 0 3
                0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
                resistance bias =3

send: 7-7-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=37,pt=4,l=4,sg=0,st=fail:1
                12 0 12 12 12 0 0 0 12 12 7
                0 0 0 -12 0 0 0 12 0 0 0
                resistance bias =7
                sensor bias compensated value = 3

send: 7-7-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=37,pt=4,l=4,sg=0,st=fail:3
                find parent
                send: 7-7-255-255 s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=bc:
                read and drop: 7-1-255 s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
                read: 0-0-7 s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
                parent=0, d=1
                0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 12 0 1
                0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -12 0 -1
                resistance bias =2
                sensor bias compensated value = 0

send: 7-7-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=37,pt=4,l=4,sg=0,st=ok:0
                0 0 12 0 0 12 0 0 12 0 3
                -12 0 0 0 12 0 -12 0 0 0 -1
                resistance bias =4

send: 7-7-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=37,pt=4,l=4,sg=0,st=ok:1
                0 12 0 0 12 0 0 0 0 12 3
                0 0 -12 -12 0 0 0 0 0 0 -2
                resistance bias =5
                sensor bias compensated value = 0

send: 7-7-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=37,pt=4,l=4,sg=0,st=ok:0
                0 12 0 12 12 12 12 0 0 0 6
                0 0 0 0 -12 0 0 0 0 0 -1
                resistance bias =7

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Adam,

The supplied sketch and the attached log reveal the root cause. The sketch is not adhering to the protocol. It incorrectly links the V_LEVEL message to the S_HUM device. The S_HUM device only supports the V_HUM message. Changing the sketch to use the V_HUM message should solve your issue

The V_LEVEL message is supported by the S_MOISTURE device in the 1.5 release of the serial API. See the following link for additional details:

http://www.mysensors.org/download/serial_api_15

The currently released plugin does not support the S_MOISTURE device.

Best regards,
                  Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                    There is a bug, in that you need to restart the plug-in to:

1) stop the plug-in from communicating with the deleted sensor.
                    2) allow the re-inclusion of the sensor.

So anytime you delete a sensor, you need to manual restart the plug-in.
                    I am trying to re-install a sensor that was already in homeseer which I had deleted from homeseer. I un-enabled the plugin from the manage plug-ins page. I shut down and then restarted homeseer. I re-enabled the plugin, hit inclusion from the device management page, plugged in the arduino nano, I alos tried hitting the reset button on the nano. It would not re-install the sensor. Has anyone else tried the method described above. Is there any other way of accomplishing this?

Comment

The currently released plugin has a bug related to inclusion of deleted nodes (without a restart of the plugin). The reinclusion is fixed in my development branch, but there is a lot of cleanup that needs to happen before I can release it.

Please post your the log. Maybe the device is included but just not enabled in the filter at the 'Device management' page?

Best regards,
                      Henrik
                      Last edited by hleidecker; March 20, 2016, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks Henrik,

I tried showing all devices, but that wasn't the problem. My short term solution I guess is to use another arduino board and wait for an update to the plugin so I can use the previous arduino board in another sensor.

Might be worth mentioning in the known issues that once a device is included, it can't be re-included... unless others are able to and I am just an anomaly. Has anyone else been able to re-include devices? What about after a re-start of the plugin?
                        Last edited by ; March 21, 2016, 07:30 AM. Reason: more detail and suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by hleidecker View Post
                          Hi Adam,

The supplied sketch and the attached log reveal the root cause. The sketch is not adhering to the protocol. It incorrectly links the V_LEVEL message to the S_HUM device. The S_HUM device only supports the V_HUM message. Changing the sketch to use the V_HUM message should solve your issue

The V_LEVEL message is supported by the S_MOISTURE device in the 1.5 release of the serial API. See the following link for additional details:

http://www.mysensors.org/download/serial_api_15

The currently released plugin does not support the S_MOISTURE device.

Best regards,
                          Henrik

So I am assuming that this means that even if I make the change you suggested in my sketch the data that comes through to the device in HS3 is not going to make much sense because the plugin doesn't support S_MOISTURE. Just trying to confirm if there is something else going on as I did make the change in the sketch, and put the sensor in a glass of water and the sensor reports a value of either 1%Rh or 2%Rh, which was unchanged relative to the sensor sitting on my desk.

I'm trying to build some sensors that will report the level of moisture in some plants so I can monitor the need to water them (getting ready for spring and summer) and eventually create some events that will cause my sprinkler system which is tied into HS3 as well to water those plants. Are there any plans for the plugin to at some point the S_Moisture device?

Comment

Your troubles seems to stem from a number of issues:
                            • S_MOISTURE not supported by the plugin - Try to use S_HUM and V_HUM instead. S_Moisture is supported in my development branch of the plugin, but you really don't need it as you can use S_HUM.
                            • Readings from the sensor - This seems to a hardware/sketch issue. My proposal for you is to take MySensors out of the equation and see if the sensors is reporting correctly with a minimal implementation sketch (maybe a simpified version of this setup http://www.instructables.com/id/Soil-Moisture-Sensor/)
                            • Reinclusion not possible without a restart - The issues is a known bug in the plugin. A restart of the plugin should be enough to solve the issues - if it is caused by the known bug. The issue is, as stated previously, corrected in the development branch of the plugin (unfortunately not available at the moment.)
                            • Inclusion not working - In some cases the issues has been caused by a malfunctioning radio. This might also be caused by an unknown problem in the plugin (you are not the first person reporting this issue). Using another Arduino will most likely not solve the issue (but try to change the radio). Have you tried with a different arduino+radio and sketch e.g. a S_DOOR sketch for instance?
                            • Node id allocation - You can erase the allocated node id in the node with the 'ClearEepromConfig' sketch. (mayb you already know).

Hopefully this clarifies the situation a bit. Please provide an update and let's see if we can find a solution.

Comment

Hi All,

i have not found the information anywhere so could you please tell me if i can use this plugin with HS2 as i'm still using this version.

thx a lot for your answers.

Treker

Comment

Originally posted by treker View Post
                                Hi All,

i have not found the information anywhere so could you please tell me if i can use this plugin with HS2 as i'm still using this version.

thx a lot for your answers.

Treker
                                The plugin is HS3 only.

Cheers
                                Al
                                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                                X