Synology Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randman View Post
    Attached is the script. Apparently, you can't attach files that end with .js. I renamed the file to have extension .txt (NVR_control.txt). When you download the file, change the extension to .js (i.e. rename the file to NVR_control.js).
    Awesome, thanks, I'll test it out. I hope it encourages someone to write an official plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
      Awesome, thanks, I'll test it out. I hope it encourages someone to write an official plugin.
      A plug-in might be a little easier to use, in terms of pointing-and-clicking when writing an event, but otherwise, the script works just fine. I pondered doing a plug-in for a few minutes, and after looking at what it would take to do, realized that I don't have any free time to spare anytime in the near/intermediate future. Would be an interesting project to do, but not in the cards for me right now.

Comment

A plug-in might be a little easier to use, in terms of pointing-and-clicking when writing an event, but otherwise, the script works just fine. I pondered doing a plug-in for a few minutes, and after looking at what it would take to do, realized that I don't have any free time to spare anytime in the near/intermediate future. Would be an interesting project to do, but not in the cards for me right now.
        Randman, Your script works like a champ!!! I tested it with my indoor Ecolink motion sensor and had it send the stop command (second event) if there was no motion for 30 seconds. I'm going to order the Dakota 2500 now with a few outdoor sensors. Thanks again! BTW, if you changed your mind about writing a plugin for the Synology, sign me up!!

Comment

Randman, Your script works like a champ!!! I tested it with my indoor Ecolink motion sensor and had it send the stop command (second event) if there was no motion for 30 seconds. I'm going to order the Dakota 2500 now with a few outdoor sensors. Thanks again! BTW, if you changed your mind about writing a plugin for the Synology, sign me up!!
          Great! If I ever get some spare time, I'd do a plug-in, but for the foreseeable future, I don't have the time. Glad it's working for you!

Comment

Great! If I ever get some spare time, I'd do a plug-in, but for the foreseeable future, I don't have the time. Glad it's working for you!
            Thanks again. One more question. What I'm trying to do is have it start recording when it sees motion (but only if there was no motion for at least 1 min), then stop recording when the motion has stopped for at least 30sec.

How are you doing your motion events?

Comment

Thanks again. One more question. What I'm trying to do is have it start recording when it sees motion (but only if there was no motion for at least 1 min), then stop recording when the motion has stopped for at least 30sec.

How are you doing your motion events?
              My events are quite complicated to describe... But I got some good ideas from this thread:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174656

Comment

Randman, question, does the startnsnapshot value allow the camera to email the snapshot via Synology alert? If not, how are you doing that?

Comment

Randman, question, does the startnsnapshot value allow the camera to email the snapshot via Synology alert? If not, how are you doing that?
                  No it doesn't. The snapshot can be viewed using DS Cam on the Snapshots page. Before I wrote the script, I had already setup Ultranetcam, which I used for emailing pictures. The advantage of Snapshot is you can keep a very large number of them in your NAS. But, email is more convenient sometimes (but does consume email space).

I think it was beginning in 7.0 when they added an API for getting a JPG image of the last snapshot taken by a camera. I was actually thinking about enhancing the script to allow emailing of snapshots. When I get some free time I'll play with this and see what I can do.

Comment

No it doesn't. The snapshot can be viewed using DS Cam on the Snapshots page. Before I wrote the script, I had already setup Ultranetcam, which I used for emailing pictures. The advantage of Snapshot is you can keep a very large number of them in your NAS. But, email is more convenient sometimes (but does consume email space).

I think it was beginning in 7.0 when they added an API for getting a JPG image of the last snapshot taken by a camera. I was actually thinking about enhancing the script to allow emailing of snapshots. When I get some free time I'll play with this and see what I can do.
                    I played with my script some more, and I updated it so that it can take an optional "download" parameter. If specified, it will download the camera's latest snapshot from the Surveillance Station NAS to the HomeSeer PC. Thus, the camera's snapshots will be in the NAS and the latest version of the camera's snapshot would also be in the HomeSeer PC. Once the image is in the HomeSeer PC, it can then be used in HomeSeer event actions such as emailing the image as an attachment. I thought of adding email as an optional parameter to the script, but I thought that just downloading the file will give maximum flexibility to the caller. Besides, having the script do email will entail having to add more parameters (email address, subject, text, bcc, etc.), and calling the script would get unwieldy.

I have some more testing to do, but hope to be able to upload the new version in a day or two.

Comment

I played with my script some more, and I updated it so that it can take an optional "download" parameter. If specified, it will download the camera's latest snapshot from the Surveillance Station NAS to the HomeSeer PC. Thus, the camera's snapshots will be in the NAS and the latest version of the camera's snapshot would also be in the HomeSeer PC. Once the image is in the HomeSeer PC, it can then be used in HomeSeer event actions such as emailing the image as an attachment. I thought of adding email as an optional parameter to the script, but I thought that just downloading the file will give maximum flexibility to the caller. Besides, having the script do email will entail having to add more parameters (email address, subject, text, bcc, etc.), and calling the script would get unwieldy.

I have some more testing to do, but hope to be able to upload the new version in a day or two.
                      Cool, you know you're a hair away from writing the official plugin right? LOL. I have my CC ready when you do.

BTW, got the Dakota 2500 running well with the script via my DSC 1832 alarm system. I just wired the relay from the receiver to an unused hardwired zone. Set the definition to 26 (24 non-alarm) and the unit was able to trigger my event on motion to record.

I'm still having some issues with the stopping of the recording on no motion as the Dakota doesn't seem to support a no motion state. I basically have an event to stop motion after 30 seconds after it's been triggered which you can tell might not be efficient. I'll try to come up with another method of continuously record until motion is stopped.

Comment

Thanks so much for this script. This is awesome!

Any chance while poking around in the API that would allow you to view the latest snapshot of Synology cameras directly via a single HTTP request?

My IP cameras sometimes locks them up when multiple apps viewing them directly and was hoping to view the snapshot from apps from the Synology (vs cameras directly).

Comment

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
                          Thanks so much for this script. This is awesome!

Any chance while poking around in the API that would allow you to view the latest snapshot of Synology cameras directly via a single HTTP request?

My IP cameras sometimes locks them up when multiple apps viewing them directly and was hoping to view the snapshot from apps from the Synology (vs cameras directly).
                          My script doesn't go to the camera's directly. It goes to the Surveillance Station. Many camera's only support just two simultaneous streams, so one advantage of the script is that since it goes through Surveillance Statuon, it isn't take up a camera's stream. Of course, another advantage is that the interface between the script and Surveillance Station is the same regardless of the camera make/model, so as long as the camera is compatible with Surveillance Station (and SS supports a vet large number of camera's), the script should work fine without any customization needed.

Comment

Attached is an updated version of my NVR_control.js script (version 2). This version adds functionality to download the latest snapshot to the HomeSeer PC. For general information, search for "USAGE" in the script. For more information on the new download functionality, search for "download". I have attached the file NVR_control-v2.js.txt (attachments need to have the .txt suffix). Once you download this file, rename it to "NVR_control.js".
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached is an updated version of my NVR_control.js script (version 2). This version adds functionality to download the latest snapshot to the HomeSeer PC. For general information, search for "USAGE" in the script. For more information on the new download functionality, search for "download". I have attached the file NVR_control-v2.js.txt (attachments need to have the .txt suffix). Once you download this file, rename it to "NVR_control.js".
                              Randman, I'm trying to your your new script with the startnsnapshot,download parameter and I get the following error:

Error in SaveToFileBinary: The given path's format is not supported

Now here's where I have the folder configued in the nvr_control.ini file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\nvr_control

What am I missing?

Comment

Randman, I'm trying to your your new script with the startnsnapshot,download parameter and I get the following error:

Error in SaveToFileBinary: The given path's format is not supported

Now here's where I have the folder configued in the nvr_control.ini file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\nvr_control

What am I missing?
                                Disregard. Changed the path to images\nvr_control.ini and it now saves the images. RTFM!

Comment

Working...
                                X